• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Afrikan

Luke Rodgers ‏@thelukerodgers 46m46 minutes ago

Texas Tech WR Jakeem Grant just clocked a 40 yard dash in the 4.1 range. #Saints scout had him at 4.10. Fastest 40 ever.

Didn't another player run a 4.19 last week? I think that player was much bigger tough.

Grant is 5'6" 168.

if Chip can't get Sproles, then maybe he'll go after this kid.

I'd also like Chip to give Dri Archer another chance.

He'd have to come out of his drunken stupor first.

Yeah, Manziel's got no business ragging on the team. Every other bust they've had was misused to the point of ridicule or just really bad. Johnny was really bad and a trainwreck who was detrimental to the team in all aspects, to the point pressers for all players included at least one question about his behavior

Squicken pls

Yes he did. A competent franchise would have seen all the red flags and done everything in their power to keep him on the straight and narrow.

Cowboys hired a guy to take care of Dez full time to make sure he didn't backslide. What did the Browns do with Johnny?
Honestly if you have to babysit your Qb then he's probably not the right guy to lead a franchise. That's what I've learned

Jay Cutler

wktlRQW.jpg

AhY1VCC.jpg

UhtR4RX.jpg

Fantomex

It's a PDF I bought, from https://twitter.com/Cianaf, he broke down every pass last year, I'll post cutler in a bit.

lol no, read Staffords review, dude is terrible

The amount of hate Tannehill gets is ridiculous, I'm not saying he's our QB for the next 10 years, unfortunately we still don't know what he is, but that's hardly his fault and he was so severally limited by the coaching staff, everything in that write up was obvious if you were watching the Dolphins closely, Tannehill was way down the list of our problems last year, I would even go as far as saying he wasn't a problem and preformed admirably for being in that shitty situation he was in.

But it's his 5th year Chris. Please see the light. In the NFL 5 years is an eternity. How many more years will dude get a pass on? 7? I'm just saying hes a serviceable QB. Not a franchise QB. He's like Scott Mitchell tier.

But it's his 5th year Chris. Please see the light. In the NFL 5 years is an eternity. How many more years will dude get a pass on? 7? I'm just saying hes a serviceable QB. Not a franchise QB. He's like Scott Mitchell tier.

Yes but 4 years under that terrible coaching staff and he still played well, he wasn't awful, he improved his game and right now he's easily a top 15 QB, with a new coaching staff that will actually play not just him but our other players to their strengths he might have a chance to break that top 10, we don't need him to be elite but he does need a decent shot at least. He never had that under Philbin. Gase excels at putting together game plans that maximizes the talent on the team, if he doesn't take that next step with Gase then yeah it's time to move on but to dismiss him already is a mistake, he had no chance to succeed under the previous staff and let's not forget that the reason we were 6-10 was almost entirely on that defense.

MechDX

Yes but 4 years under that terrible coaching staff and he still played well, he wasn't awful, he improved his game and right now he's easily a top 15 QB, with a new coaching staff that will actually play not just him but our other players to their strengths he might have a chance to break that top 10, we don't need him to be elite but he does need a decent shot at least. He never had that under Philbin. Gase excels at putting together game plans that maximizes the talent on the team, if he doesn't take that next step with Gase then yeah it's time to move on but to dismiss him already is a mistake, he had no chance to succeed under the previous staff and let's not forget that the reason we were 6-10 was almost entirely on that defense.

The complete irony of this post

It's a PDF I bought, from https://twitter.com/Cianaf, he broke down every pass last year, I'll post cutler in a bit.

lol no, read Staffords review, dude is terrible

The amount of hate Tannehill gets is ridiculous, I'm not saying he's our QB for the next 10 years, unfortunately we still don't know what he is, but that's hardly his fault and he was so severally limited by the coaching staff, everything in that write up was obvious if you were watching the Dolphins closely, Tannehill was way down the list of our problems last year, I would even go as far as saying he wasn't a problem and preformed admirably for being in that shitty situation he was in.
Preach, brother.

Striker

Michael Silver ‏@MikeSilver 36m36 minutes ago

The 49ers have reached out to OT Russell Okung, joining the Seahawks, Lions & Giants in pursuit of the unrestricted free agent @nflnetwork

MechDX

Benjamin Allbright ‏@AllbrightNFL 30s31 seconds ago
Sources: Miko Grimes is taking her talents to Tampa.

Congrats Bucs GAF

I don't think you know how to use that word correctly.
We are Dolphins fans so we're in a position where it's always going to look like we're biased if we stand up for Tannehill. Thing is, we're the ones who have watched all of his games and really put the time into trying to understand his situation and his potential. I think we both do a good job of staying fairly level-headed and reasonable but everyone else will always think we're overly biased. It is what it is.

Tannehill is a good QB and totally worth what they're paying him. If the Broncos can win a SB with the corpse of Peyton Manning there is no reason a properly built team can't pull it off with a guy like Tannehill. Hell, just look at Joe Flacco. Problem #1 with the Dolphins isn't the QB and it hasn't been since Tannehill arrived, it's the broken fucking team building system in place that has failed time and time again to build a solid coaching staff and a cohesive group of talented players.

Ownership is the real issue.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Michael Silver ‏@MikeSilver 36m36 minutes ago

The 49ers have reached out to OT Russell Okung, joining the Seahawks, Lions & Giants in pursuit of the unrestricted free agent @nflnetwork

You'd think all those injuries would keep teams away a bit more

We are Dolphins fans so we're in a position where it's always going to look like we're biased if we stand up for Tannehill. Thing is, we're the ones who have watched all of his games and really put the time into trying to understand his situation and his potential. I think we both do a good job of staying fairly level-headed and reasonable but everyone else will always think we're overly biased. It is what it is.

Tannehill is a good QB and totally worth what they're paying him. If the Broncos can win a SB with the corpse of Peyton Manning there is no reason a properly built team can't pull it off with a guy like Tannehill. Hell, just look at Joe Flacco. Problem #1 with the Dolphins isn't the QB and it hasn't been since Tannehill arrived, it's the broken fucking team building system in place that has failed time and time again to build a solid coaching staff and a cohesive group of talented players.

Ownership is the real issue.

Right on, seems like they might be changing at least in regards to personnel, haven't gone crazy in FA, trying to rebuild with cheaper players, gather more draft picks (we get 3 compensatory picks next year at least) Here is a good article on it. http://www.phinmaniacs.com/news/could-the-miami-dolphins-finally-be-learning-from-past-mistakes Hopefully it's true but like I said...I'll start buying in when I see the results, for now I'll just sit back and watch.

Miko is in Tampa
Schoob is in Atlanta
Shambles is New Orleans

The Panthers have already clinched the division again within the first four days of the league year

Top Bottom