• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Furyous

Good morning everyone. How are yall doing today?

Woke up pissed off that Johnny is still on my home team. Fuck is Browns brass thinking? CUT HIM NOW NOT TOMORROW NOT NEXT WEEK... RITE NOW.

What's Texans fans name for Brock Osweiler? I nominate Brockweiler but fans of the team clearly know better because they root for them. Are you guys going to keep Old Man Weeden or Hoyer?

rando14

CdRpwLHVAAAQ5Dn.jpg

ummmmm

Tom Penny

At least the Pats learned from fucking up on Emmanuel Sanders although I can't imagine he will ever be nearly as good and is likely a backup punter.

Woke up pissed off that Johnny is still on my home team. Fuck is Browns brass thinking? CUT HIM NOW NOT TOMORROW NOT NEXT WEEK... RITE NOW.

What's Texans fans name for Brock Osweiler? I nominate Brockweiler but fans of the team clearly know better because they root for them. Are you guys going to keep Old Man Weeden or Hoyer?

Would you say...you're furyous?

NH9gE7v.gif

MechDX

Hoyer is gone one way or another but I think they are holding on to him and waiting to see how this QB carousel plays out. Someone will give them a 6th or 7th for him.

brentech

Has one shitty team ever had such a terrible off-season. I feel like the Browns are finding new and exciting ways to get to even lower lows.
If they win a game, the Lions should probably be dropped from the face of the earth.

MechDX

Holy cow Mike Klis on Twitter is being a seriously salty fuck on this whole Brock thing

EDIT: He removed some of his tweets calling out members of Broncos media members for disagreeing with him :jnc

Ben Allbright screen capped it:

Godslay

Banned
Maybe I still have the Superbowl win drug in veins, but I guess I'm not really worried about any moves that have been made or that have fallen through.

We had what amounted to the worst QB play last year (Brock included, sorry Mech but it's true), and still fielded a SB squad. So anyone who is signed is likely to do better than what we had last year.

I wish Brock the best, but he chased the money. On to the next one.

Respect

I can't do dark theme. It's too much of a contrast when changing tabs to other websites most of which exclusively have light backgrounds.

One of the reasons I use the black background, white background makes me feel as though I'm staring at a light bulb....gives my eyes a break.

Godslay

Banned
Ouch, they went in hard on him. Maybe I was wrong on Oz...

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2016/film-room-brock-osweiler

Peyton Manning threw 17 interceptions in nine games before being benched for Osweiler. When it came down to deciding who to start in the playoffs, it wasn't about Manning's resumé versus Osweiler's. It wasn't about his experience or the storylines that Gary Kubiak and John Elway would face with Manning on the bench. It was that Manning was the better option. For as much as the Broncos didn't want to admit it at the time, that was an indictment of Osweiler when they benched him in Week 17. He deserved to be benched, and he didn't deserve the huge contract he just signed in free agency.

Bill O'Brien likes players who look like quarterbacks. Tall guys with big arms or guys who are perceived as smart with winning resumés. He doesn't look for players who can play like quarterbacks. He wants the manufactured talent show winner, not a true artist at the position.

Duxxy3

Sweet, another white receiver.

I'd like to keep Amendola for ST and as Edelman's backup.

Still would like take a shot at a mid tier running back in free agency. Wouldn't even mind Starks.

MechDX

Its not I necessarily think Osweiler is the Texans savior that is really exciting me. Its the point the Texans actually did something to adress the known issues long time fans have seen for basically years now with something other than just a stop gap solution.

This didnt start two years ago this all started back in 2012, Schaub wasnt the same after Haynesworth ate his damn foot in Tampa that year. What little physical abilities he had left finally eroded after that Thanksgiving game vs the Lions in 2012. They did nothing but stay the course that was heading for disaster.

Texans NEVER spend big in free agency. Where has that gotten us? Im a firm believer of building through the draft but it just wasnt working. Sometimes you just have to say "What the fuck" and swing for the fences and just hope you dont strike out.

Watching yesterdays introductory press conference O'Brien was all in on Brock. He talked about watching all his college and pro tape since the season ended, watching him in the Texans/Broncos joint practices the last couple years, talked to his teammates and former coaches about his make up. Dont discount Rick Smiths ties to the Broncos organization in this evaluation either. They felt like he was the best chance and took their shot.

I have been nothing but unsure of how Brock would do leading up to this signing but Ill be damned if I wont support them at least trying something different!

You haters can suck my Brock! We're going to the got damned Super Bowl!

CdNFbgRVIAA6_uf.jpg:large

Looked back through some of that draft thread lol
Woooo what a great draft!! My Hawks ding dong ditched the first round like they should have, and my friends up in Cleveland Gaf are happy :D
This is back when Rando was my Boy frien
So the browns are finally gonna get talked about regularly on Tv
We got talked about :/
Crime down! business up! 10 years of prosperity in Cleveland!
Also reminds me that the only reason I'd like Manziel to succeed is that I have a soft spot for the Browns. I have absolutely nothing against that franchise and seeing them have modest success would be great for the game.
Before Wienke was racist

Wes

venison crêpe
Bill O'Brien likes players who look like quarterbacks. Tall guys with big arms or guys who are perceived as smart with winning resumés. He doesn't look for players who can play like quarterbacks. He wants the manufactured talent show winner, not a true artist at the position.

BOB I'm 6ft6, have a Masters degree, and can't play quarterback. Sign me up.

Top Bottom