• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Ah thought you meant it somehow referenced Tony Romo

Its not I necessarily think Osweiler is the Texans savior that is really exciting me. Its the point the Texans actually did something to adress the known issues long time fans have seen for basically years now with something other than just a stop gap solution.

This didnt start two years ago this all started back in 2012, Schaub wasnt the same after Haynesworth ate his damn foot in Tampa that year. What little physical abilities he had left finally eroded after that Thanksgiving game vs the Lions in 2012. They did nothing but stay the course that was heading for disaster.

Texans NEVER spend big in free agency. Where has that gotten us? Im a firm believer of building through the draft but it just wasnt working. Sometimes you just have to say "What the fuck" and swing for the fences and just hope you dont strike out.

Watching yesterdays introductory press conference O'Brien was all in on Brock. He talked about watching all his college and pro tape since the season ended, watching him in the Texans/Broncos joint practices the last couple years, talked to his teammates and former coaches about his make up. Dont discount Rick Smiths ties to the Broncos organization in this evaluation either. They felt like he was the best chance and took their shot.

I have been nothing but unsure of how Brock would do leading up to this signing but Ill be damned if I wont support them at least trying something different!

You haters can suck my Brock! We're going to the got damned Super Bowl!

CdNFbgRVIAA6_uf.jpg:large

Like I said, they had to pull the trigger because otherwise Houston fans would stop showing up. Total rebellion in the fanbase! People were incredibly angry about the QB situation after last season.

Looked back through some of that draft thread lol

This is back when Rando was my Boy frien

We got talked about :/

Before Wienke was racist

Ha, I still feel that way.

Still hilarious when the Browns are a shitshow though!

MechDX

Like I said, they had to pull the trigger because otherwise Houston fans would stop showing up. Total rebellion in the fanbase! People were incredibly angry about the QB situation after last season.

!

Thank you. Seem to be the only one understanding it. Fucking Kentuckian.

CdR3IFLVIAAMwbN.jpg:large

This is becoming a thing

=/

Yeah, well, fuck all you O'Brien haters!
I personally don't think anyone hates o'brien or JJ Watt, Texans Gaf just constantly for a lack of better words spams Bob and Watt shit lol. So ppl lash out :p

Like I don't actually hate Watt but he is the worst and and he's definitely on steroids. #BoB

Godslay

Banned
I still feel Oz can be good.

Goddamn they roasted him though in that article. Maybe I was blinded by how truly shitty PM was at times.

Tom Nook

Thank you. Seem to be the only one understanding it. Fucking Kentuckian.

CdR3IFLVIAAMwbN.jpg:large

This is becoming a thing

Ladies and Gentleman, My name is Bill O'Brien. And we acquired THE. HOTTEST. FREE. AGENT. IN. THE. N.F.L!!!!!!
Standing SIX FOOT SEVEN!
HAILING FROM ARIZONA STATE!
TWO TIME AFC CHAMPION!
SUPER BOWL FIFTY CHAMPION!
HE. IS. BROOOOOOCCCCKKKKKKK OOOSWEEEIIILERRRR!!!!

MechDX

Drake lied to me.

Its not your fa.......

Wait yes it is. This is ALL your fault BG!

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 24s25 seconds ago
Cardale Jones working out now. George Whitfield told me Jones has the strongest arm of any QB he's worked with -- including Cam Newton.

Johnny cut and Breer tweets this right after. Coincidence?

Remember when people in Houston paid money for a billboard begging for their team to draft Manziel

And now they all look like shit the same day Johnny's released, possibly for good <3333

ampere

I was expecting big things from Osweiler, thought he was the go to guy for the Broncos last year, but that defense was so good the QB probably didn't matter at all. His on field stats don't look great though, and not like O'Brien has been running a good offense so I'm a little shocked that expectations are so high

MechDX

Remember when people in Houston paid money for a billboard begging for their team to draft Manziel

And now they all look like shit the same day Johnny's released, possibly for good <3333

Remember when one Aggie alum bought a billboard ?
In hindsight that alum was probably Kubiak

Thank god, the trainwreck is gone.

Now back to us constantly shitting the bed for 20 years.

I need to go to the barber and get a haircut and remove the shame avatar. Yay.
I'll put it back on when we go 0-5

Top Bottom