• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

He cannot do that.

Seriously you can't even pull the "well HE HASN'T DONE IT SINCE BUTTFUMBLE" thing either because there's plenty of material after that. The time he got legit shook by a fakeout in a play where he was a receiver (and then charged after the guy after the snap, and got flipped on his ass again). The bad MNF that resulted in "UGLY, AND A LOSS". Etc. He's been on a downward spiral for years, Buttfumble was just the Start

MechDX

1st Brock Osweiler jersey sale a unique one

Brock Osweiler wasn’t the first person to get a Brock Osweiler Texans jersey.

His father, John, holds that distinction.

“My dad got the first Osweiler jersey,” the Texans quarterback said Thursday on Texans Radio. “As soon as he heard the news, he went straight to the stadium shop and got the jersey printed up. But the best part is, they wouldn’t give it to him until I signed my contract.”
“The whole thing to me is like a movie,” Osweiler said. “It’s wild. My parents work for the RCS Carnival. My dad is in charge of security and my mom is in charge of guest relations. So they travel with this carnival for nine months out of the year and it just so happens to be in the NRG Stadium parking lot right now.”

The Osweilers have been in town for the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo’s carnival, and they had a unique vantage point of their son’s professional move. On Thursday they didn’t have to travel far to attend the introductory press conference inside the stadium.

Pretty cool his parents were in Houston working the rodeo when he signed.

MechDX

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/03/06/peyton-manning-retirement-tom-brady-nfl

The Broncos will be an interesting team to watch in the first couple of days in free agency. Denver has two of the top players in free agency, and after the Broncos franchise-tagged Von Miller, defensive end Malik Jackson and quarterback Brock Osweiler could be stolen by aggressive teams. It is likely that Jackson will sign elsewhere, for as much as $15 million a season. Osweiler, however, will be Denver’s prime target, and you should expect him to be re-signed by John Elway. The Broncos GM is convinced Osweiler can be a star.

Great endorsement for your newly signed QB when a HoF QB is convinced he will be a star,

MechDX

Browns are willing to give a 3rd round pick (65th overall)for Kaep but Kaep has to redo his contract.

Little more details:

Mary Kay CabotVerified account
‏@MaryKayCabot
#Browns willing to part w/ 3rd rnder for Colin Kaepernick, sources say, but hinges on redoing $19 million a yr deal http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/03/browns_willing_to_give_up_3rd.html …

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 12m12 minutes ago
Albert Breer Retweeted Mary Kay Cabot
Browns' third-rounder is 65th overall. Broncos' second-rounder is 63rd overall. Denver doesn't wanna give up a 2.

cdyhybrid

DM needs a new avatar:

lcBoZZy.png

Ppl love Hue-Tavious Jackson.

Not sure this Kaep thing will actually happen. But I've gone through a couple different stages with this, I think mech went through similar stages with Brock

Stages:
1. I don't want this, lets draft a guy instead.
2. Hmm maybe this wouldn't be that bad, we do have a lot of other needs! Maybe get another guy later!
3. I trust my coach, if he wants him I'm in Lessssgo!
4. Prosperity in my city! Amirite

Where's everyone playing the division? Ps4? Xbox one? I'm thinking of picking it up.
I'm on ps4.

MechDX

Where's everyone playing the division? Ps4? Xbox one? I'm thinking of picking it up.

I bought R6 Siege but no one plays it. :(

Ppl love Hue-Tavious Jackson.

Not sure this Kaep thing will actually happen. But I've gone through a couple different stages with this, I think mech went through similar stages with Brock

Stages:
1. I don't want this, lets draft a guy instead.
2. Hmm maybe this wouldn't be that bad, we do have a lot of other needs! Maybe get another guy later!
3. I trust my coach, if he wants him I'm in Lessssgo!
4. Prosperity in my city! Amirite

I'm on ps4.

See? We're not so different you and I.

step-brothers-hug-o.gif

cdyhybrid

I wonder how true Hue would be to sticking to drafting a QB even after potentially landing Kaep?

I imagine you'd at least still draft a project that can back Kaep up for a bit (if not outright beat him out). Probably wouldn't be with their #1 pick, but even that is still in play if Kaep has a short deal.

Lol
I wonder how true Hue would be to sticking to drafting a QB even after potentially landing Kaep?

I imagine you'd at least still draft a project that can back Kaep up for a bit (if not outright beat him out). Probably wouldn't be with their #1 pick, but even that is still in play if Kaep has a short deal.
If the deal happened I would personally hope it would be a pick later then the 3rd. I would still want to draft a guy at some point though. I would be interested in guys like Dak or Jacoby.

Furyous

Kaep is not capable of lasting in the AFC North. He dealt with the LOB and Arizona's defense. These are solid capable above average defensive units but the AFC North is an entirely different animal. The QB actually needs to drop back and consistently throw the football into the tight windows with defenses that have excellent defenders that actually tackle consistently. All that running shit was cute in San Fran but won't work consistently in the AFC North. Hue needs to draft Goff anyway just to shut up the fanbase.

Free AJ rather than Kaep anyway. AJ is hard working, dedicated, wholesome, and a man of the people. He has a strong arm and can actually throw the football down the field consistently. Free my guy AJ from the clutches of the Bengals. Why aren't the Broncos taking a look at AJ?

Godslay

Banned

Seems like most of the QBs in this draft are pretty flawed, but the more teams that get out of the way the better.

Drakeon

Kaep is not capable of lasting in the AFC North. He dealt with the LOB and Arizona's defense. These are solid capable above average defensive units but the AFC North is an entirely different animal. The QB actually needs to drop back and consistently throw the football into the tight windows with defenses that have excellent defenders that actually tackle consistently. All that running shit was cute in San Fran but won't work consistently in the AFC North. Hue needs to draft Goff anyway just to shut up the fanbase.

Free AJ rather than Kaep anyway. AJ is hard working, dedicated, wholesome, and a man of the people. He has a strong arm and can actually throw the football down the field consistently. Free my guy AJ from the clutches of the Bengals. Why aren't the Broncos taking a look at AJ?

Fuck off with your AFC North is a special unicorn of defenses. The cardinals and Seahawks and 2011-2013 49ers defenses and the rams all have or recently had fantastic defensive units.

cdyhybrid

Seems like most of the QBs in this draft are pretty flawed, but the more teams that get out of the way the better.

Yeah, there aren't any sure-fire guys like Luck in this draft.

Doesn't mean they can't sit a few years and be the next Aaron Rodgers, though. You never know!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Cinci isn't going to let him go that easily, it would take a lot to get him I think.

Furyous

Fuck off with your AFC North is a special unicorn of defenses. The cardinals and Seahawks and 2011-2013 49ers defenses and the rams all have or recently had fantastic defensive units.

WAT?

The Rams defensive unit was so great that their record reflected the value of that unit... A two year stretch of excellent defensive performance is great but the Steelers and Ravens have sustained historical periods of excellent defensive performance over the course of many more years than the defenses you listed. I never really thought about the AFC North being the special unicorn of defenses until you brought it up. Thank you for mentioning/agreeing the AFC North is a special unicorn of defenses as you put it not me. I forgot to mention the stellar defensive performance of the Bengals over the course of years. Apologies BengalsGAF.

looks at mech and Kave
*ehhhh walks away
Yeah, there aren't any sure-fire guys like Luck in this draft.

Doesn't mean they can't sit a few years and be the next Aaron Rodgers, though. You never know!
Everyone compares prospects to Luck now, but he's not the standard. He's kinda a rare prospect. We all want a Luck or the Qb class is shit.

Who's gonna be the top prospects next year? Watson, Brad Kaaya, maybe barret? We can hype these guys now but they'll all get picked apart by draft time. ppl are complaining about Goffs weight, but Watson really doesn't even have that big of frame in my opinion.

Drakeon

WAT?

The Rams defensive unit was so great that their record reflected the value of that unit... A two year stretch of excellent defensive performance is great but the Steelers and Ravens have sustained historical periods of excellent defensive performance over the course of many more years than the defenses you listed. Thank you for agreeing the AFC North is a special unicorn of defenses. I forgot to mention the stellar defensive performance of the Bengals. Apologies BengalsGAF.

Who gives a shit about the histories of the AFC North when your point was about Kaepernick and how he can't hang in the AFC North. News flash: the NFC West has better defenses than the AFC North and have had them for a few years now. The 49ers are the lone exception, our defensive unit is pretty terrible.

Top Bottom