• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

12813980_1158158550895577_9052427511245734353_n.jpg

lol

Furyous

Who gives a shit about the histories of the AFC North when your point was about Kaepernick and how he can't hang in the AFC North. News flash: the NFC West has better defenses than the AFC North and have had them for a few years now. The 49ers are the lone exception, our defensive unit is pretty terrible.

Kaep can't hang in the AFC North and if he plays for the Browns the rest of the league will see this as well. Why isn't he lobbying to stay in San Fran? If he can't beat out Blame Gabbert then he does not deserve to start in this league for anyone. At least try to go to Denver or something.

Just to clarify: the Seahawks and Cardinals defensive units are great but those Ravens and Steelers units are legendary. This isn't a shot at either fan base or team at all. It's not a diss to say either unit is not legendary... yet. They can reach legendary status for all I know.

Drakeon

Kaep can't hang in the AFC North and if he plays for the Browns the rest of the league will see this as well. Why isn't he lobbying to stay in San Fran? If he can't beat out Blame Gabbert then he does not deserve to start in this league for anyone. At least try to go to Denver or something.

Just to clarify: the Seahawks and Cardinals defensive units are great but those Ravens and Steelers units are legendary. This isn't a shot at either fan base or team at all. It's not a diss to say either unit is not legendary... yet. They can reach legendary status for all I know.

I'm not sure what past Steelers or Ravens teams have to do with Kaepernick possibly playing in Cleveland. Unless you're arguing the recent Steelers and Ravens defenses were legendary (they weren't).

And why would the rest of the league find out Kap can't play from the playing for the Browns? (Whether he can still or not is irrelevant) Would they be watching the Browns one nationally televised game?

I'm not arguing Kap is good or isn't, but if you think he hasn't been tested by great defenses, you're fucking crazy.

He looked like a awful qb last year. If he stays, I'm interested to see if Chip can turn things around. If he doesn't stay, that's also fine because I remember 2014-2015 Kaepernick play.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Let's see how those special NFCW unicorn defenses fared against the Steelers in 2015.

49ers - 43 points
Rams - 12 points (Ben down)
Cardinals - 25 points
Seachickens - 30 points

Just 4 touchdowns a game.

Kaep threw for 331 and 2
garbage time
tds while adding 51 rushing yards against the new Steel curtain. Bring him in, Hue!

Furyous

I'm not sure what past Steelers or Ravens teams have to do with Kaepernick possibly playing in Cleveland. Unless you're arguing the recent Steelers and Ravens defenses were legendary (they weren't).

And why would the rest of the league find out Kap can't play from the playing for the Browns? (Whether he can still or not is irrelevant) Would they be watching the Browns one nationally televised game?

I'm not arguing Kap is good or isn't, but if you think he hasn't been tested by great defenses, you're fucking crazy.

He looked like a awful qb last year. If he stays, I'm interested to see if Chip can turn things around. If he doesn't stay, that's also fine because I remember 2014-2015 Kaepernick play.

Don't mind me as I'm a Kaep hater as far him coming to Cleveland goes. I hope he stays in San Fran and turns things around in time to face that stout Arizona Cardinals defense. All our guys should be healthy heading into the season anyway.

Chip had Nick Foles looking like franchise QBesque for a stretch so he should work well with Kaep. He made Sanchez look competent as well so even Blame can benefit from his tutelage. That Cohn Zohn reporter guy for your team needs to calm down with the code words. He's pushing it a bit every time he hates on Kaep.

Let's see how those special NFCW unicorn defenses fared against the Steelers in 2015.

49ers - 43 points
Rams - 12 points (Ben down)
Cardinals - 25 points
Seachickens - 30 points

Just 4 touchdowns a game.

Kaep threw for 331 and 2
garbage time
tds while adding 51 rushing yards against the new Steel curtain. Bring him in, Hue!

Meh, bring up the 2006 stats. Last year was a down year but even then two teams made the playoffs from the division. Like I said AFC North better with far tougher schedules.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I still don't understand how defense from 10 years ago matters about how Kap would play in the AFC North now?

I think bringing him in is the right move if Hue likes him. Let's the Browns use that high draft pick on something other than a bust qb.

Man I would love Chris Long. He seems like the kind of guy who will do great in a limited role in the defense.

Now we just need Benny Cunningham and we're pretty much done.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Who needs The Division when Stardew Valley is out?

The Division sucks actual sweaty balls. It may be the worst AAA game since Assassin's Creed 3. Super laggy, hand-holdy gameplay, bullet sponge enemies, Dragon Age 2-esque wave of enemies spawning from nowhere, poor direction...it's a hot mess. Depending on when you login, it may actually just be unplayable. The only thing it has going for it is that I guess it rendered NYC fairly realistically?

So, if you want more Destiny, but without any cool abilities, interesting enemies or loot of any real consequence then by all means, give the Division a try.

Meanwhile, Stardew is a chilled out, simple game that is easily played, has a ton of heart and can be picked up and played at any point. Swell little game.

Talking about great games : Far Cry Primal is fantastic.

The Division sucks actual sweaty balls. It may be the worst AAA game since Assassin's Creed 3. Super laggy, hand-holdy gameplay, bullet sponge enemies, Dragon Age 2-esque wave of enemies spawning from nowhere, poor direction...it's a hot mess. Depending on when you login, it may actually just be unplayable. The only thing it has going for it is that I guess it rendered NYC fairly realistically?

So, if you want more Destiny, but without any cool abilities, interesting enemies or loot of any real consequence then by all means, give the Division a try.

Meanwhile, Stardew is a chilled out, simple game that is easily played, has a ton of heart and can be picked up and played at any point. Swell little game.

Stardew Valley is an indie farming simulation role-playing video game developed by ConcernedApe and published by Chucklefish Games

Lmao

You really are a German

minx

Ugh. I'm done with Ubisoft fetch quest games.

Division also looks boring which is the experience I had in the beta. Very few enemy types, weapons all feel the same, bullet sponge enemies, and grind the same missions over and over for loot. Dark zone is a neat idea at least.

Ugh. I'm done with Ubisoft fetch quest games.

Division also looks boring which is the experience I had in the beta. Very few enemy types, weapons all feel the same, bullet sponge enemies, and grind the same missions over and over for loot. Dark zone is a neat idea at least.

I still like it. I love the Far Cry games at least, Far Cry 4 was one of my favorite games of the year last year. Such beautiful worlds and this one is the same. Plus the whole expanding your village thing is cool too.

I'm considering picking up the Division, but I don't know any people who are getting it on PS4. I also still feel the urge to buy Watch Dogs.

WanderingWind

Stardew Valley is an indie farming simulation role-playing video game developed by ConcernedApe and published by Chucklefish Games

Lmao

You really are a German

u wot m8

It's Harvest Moon. Every so often you need a game where the most complex thing you got to worry about is running out of water.

🐮

WanderingWind

I still like it. I love the Far Cry games at least, Far Cry 4 was one of my favorite games of the year last year. Such beautiful worlds and this one is the same. Plus the whole expanding your village thing is cool too.

I'm considering picking up the Division, but I don't know any people who are getting it on PS4. I also still feel the urge to buy Watch Dogs.

Pay for shipping I'll send you WD

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Cliffy B is going in on Olivia Munn on twitter right now. He said she really is a bad person behind the scenes.

That thread is embarrassing in the OT and I'm confused by the hate for her from non-Packer fans.

She's obviously a jinx for us though.

...why does Olivia Munn need to be a nice person to play some comic book character?

Because assertive women, especially ones that are attractive, are held to unrealistic standards.

Making fun of Rodgers/Munn in this thread is just a harmless meme, it's funny but I don't take it seriously. That thread is sad.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
...why does Olivia Munn need to be a nice person to play some comic book character?

TIL people think nerd appropriation exists and/or think it's a problem.

I'd like to think that if Aaron "Can have any woman in the world" Rodgers is with Munn, that she isn't really any of the things that people accuse her of being.

Top Bottom