• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

MechDX

So the Colts let go of their MLB who was considered pretty good and left for the same amount of money the Colts offered while in a division that just added Lamar Mller, Chris Ivory and Demarco Murray at running back.

I love Grigson.

LJ11

Year long suspensions do a ton of harm to the offenders, they don't sit and reflect on their "mistakes," more often than not they fuck themselves further. You take them away from their teammates, their job, and you expect them to better themselves when they lose that structure?

Tom Penny

Year long suspensions do a ton of harm to the offenders, they don't sit and reflect on their "mistakes," more often than not they fuck themselves further. You take them away from their teammates, their job, and you expect them to better themselves when they lose that structure?
If they cant control their own life outside work that's their problem not the leagues problem. If you get fired do they hold your hand until you get a new job?

Narag

I think Stedman Bailey was in a position to get shot because he was serving a suspension too. League/teams/union should look into alternatives that aren't an outright blackballing for a period of weeks.

MechDX

CdX4hTaVAAAfyyD.jpg:large

harSon

Banned
As much as it sucks, at least it's at a position we're ridiculously deep at.

With Brown, Wheaton, Coates, Heyward Bey, Ladarius Green and Le'Veon Bell... we'll be more than fine on the offensive side of the ball.

I really hope he gets his head right. It's always sad to see players through their careers away for a reason as petty as not being able to not smoke weed.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Totally agree

Best case scenario they show up to camp fat and out of shape

MechDX

Bryant’s latest violation may have come from something other than a positive marijuana test

His latest predicament suggests a violation for something other than a positive marijuana test.

The three possibilities are: (1) a positive test for something other than marijuana; (2) failure to cooperate with testing, treatment, evaluation or other requirements under the policy or failure to cooperate with the terms of his treatment plan; or (3) at least two separate positive marijuana tests.

The intermediate 10-game suspension applies only to a single positive test for marijuana while in Stage Three of the substance-abuse program. So with Bryant skipping from four games to a full year, it means he allegedly violated the policy without testing positive for marijuana, again.

Line_HTX

JJ Watt ‏@JJWatt 8m8 minutes ago

Saturday Sessions. Garage door open, Kendrick on the speakers, weights going up. Nothin like it. #Unmastered

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Martavis' agent speaks on the suspension:

Facing indefinite banishment for repeat violations of the NFL’s substance abuse policy, Pittsburgh Steelers receiver Martavis Bryant will check into rehab and undergo evaluation for depression issues, one of his agents, Brian Fettner, told USA TODAY Sports.

“We’re all stunned, me included,” Fettner said, shortly after broke news of the ban Saturday. “We clearly miscalculated the issue. His isn’t a party issue. It’s a coping issue and a depression issue, and he’s got to take care of it.”
It stems from multiple missed drug tests, Fettner said, while also acknowledging Bryant has a problem with marijuana.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Love the Rafael Bush signing. He had an early season injury last year that knocked him out for the year but he's going to be a solid starter opposite of Pro Bowler Glover Quin. A $2.4 Million, One Year contract with Coach Austin calling the defensive plays.

This Lions defense is going to be something fierce next season.

Oh and DeAndre Levy ethered the NFL today regarding one of the Doctors who worked for the NFL during the concussion hearings.

Lions LB DeAndre Levy questions NFL over employment of controversial doctor

DeAndre Levy: Why is Dr. Elliot Pellman, the rheumatologist who helped concealed and lied about the link between football and CTE, still employed by you guys?

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...e_levy_attacks.html#incart_river_mobile_index

I could see DeAndre Levy retiring after his contract is up due to concussion/health concerns.

ampere

Yeah, if anything just fine them. It's dumb as hell to suspend over something that provides no competitive advantage

Milchjon

Haven't been able to keep up due to work, but reading this made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside

So essentially the Giants spent nearly $200 million on three players (Jenkins, Olivier Vernon and Damon Harrison) that weren't even the top players at their position on their previous teams.

WedgeX

Banned
Love the Rafael Bush signing. He had an early season injury last year that knocked him out for the year but he's going to be a solid starter opposite of Pro Bowler Glover Quin. A $2.4 Million, One Year contract with Coach Austin calling the defensive plays.

This Lions defense is going to be something fierce next season.

Oh and DeAndre Levy ethered the NFL today regarding one of the Doctors who worked for the NFL during the concussion hearings.

Lions LB DeAndre Levy questions NFL over employment of controversial doctor

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...e_levy_attacks.html#incart_river_mobile_index

I could see DeAndre Levy retiring after his contract is up due to concussion/health concerns.

Levy fighting the good fight.

NFL can't match his beard.

GelGCnR.jpg

Which is among the few beards that I envy.

minx

Neogaf is really fucking up today. Got some Left Hand Nitro Milk Stout per your recommendation Bread. Don't let me down. Also got some Not Your Father's Ginger Beer. Hoping it's as good as the Root Beer.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Be an elite football player and smoke drug breh

If those drugs aren't PEDs why does the league even care tho?

Neogaf is really fucking up today. Got some Left Hand Nitro Milk Stout per your recommendation Bread. Don't let me down. Also got some Not Your Father's Ginger Beer. Hoping it's as good as the Root Beer.

Wasn't a fan of that nitro beer. Just seemed like a stout with more carbonation.

Curious about the ginger beer though. The root beer is amazing but really super sweet so it's hard to drink a lot of because of the hangover

Milchjon

Watching that beer being poured is one of the sexiest things I've ever seen!

Top Bottom