• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Gata is the King of Pats-Gaf. Show him some respect

Gata took Dutch's crown???
image.php

Spinluck

Serious question: what are their plans? Any ideas?

I have no idea, I think he's afraid of fucking up again in FA. Or maybe they don't see what they want in FA, and are waiting for the draft?

The Freeman thing is insane, not sure what the hell happened but good luck to him. Aside from his shortcomings (over pursuing on 90% of play fakes and failing to identify and stop the run) he was one of our most promising LBs--was are best pass defending LB.

Between Fleener calling out some former teammates, and our guys just leaving, something seems off. Locker room rumors must've been true.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Gata is the King of Pats-Gaf. Show him some respect

That's about as respectful as head garbage man. Like who gives a shit? Except garbagemen are useful to society.

posting anime gifs to antagonize people isn't much better

I'd rather see anime than Pats fans!

Complete with the crown that he got in his Burger King Kids Meal.

:jnc. That's how I always pictured it. Like an insolent Joffrey with a Burger King hat proclaiming shit from his booster seat.

The Lardarius Green and DHB signings suddenly make a ton of sense.

All he had to do was not smoke marijuana for two years and he'd have gotten $10M/yr, easy. Now he won't even collect the $400k he was scheduled to get.

Yep, and if Coates is ready, then the O is still solid. Sucks to lose Martavius, if he truly is gone for the whole season, because the guy is a unique talent.

But for chrissakes, until this country gets its head out of its ass re: marijuana, fucking stay away from it. Just stupid, really.

Fitts

So I guess Weddle has offers from 4 teams that he's mulling over. If the Raiders don't get him, I hope that Reggie Nelson will still be available.

If they cant control their own life outside work that's their problem not the leagues problem. If you get fired do they hold your hand until you get a new job?

Most jobs won't fire you for having a drug problem, they'll give you time off to get your life together, go to rehab, etc.

Edit: ....unless you're doing drugs at work or something, but that isn't the case with Bryant.

Most jobs won't fire you for having a drug problem, they'll give you time off to get your life together, go to rehab, etc.

Edit: ....unless you're doing drugs at work or something, but that isn't the case with Bryant.

While true, most jobs don't pay $10 million and it's not as if the policy wasn't known going in. This isn't a new thing.

If a job tells you that you're at risk of being suspended without pay if you get caught smoking weed as a term of employment and you still continue to smoke weed you probably deserve to be suspended. I'm all for legalizing weed, but come on man.

While true, most jobs don't pay $10 million and it's not as if the policy wasn't known going in. This isn't a new thing.

I agree with you. Just responding to what Tom Penny said.

Having said that, despite the money they make, I feel it still is very similar, if anything more lenient, than a traditional workplace. You may get suspended, but ultimately, it's just forced time off without pay. The team will provide you with resources, which may or may not be used. You also get multiple chances. I doubt a regular office job would give you that many.

Edit: just caught your update, but it still seems like we're saying the same thing.

ampere

If a job tells you that you're at risk of being suspended without pay if you get caught smoking weed as a term of employment and you still continue to smoke weed you probably deserve to be suspended. I'm all for legalizing weed, but come on man.

I don't think you realize how many NFL players smoke weed regularly. It's a super common painkiller of choice

cdyhybrid

Yeah, I'm inclined to believe he does have a legitimate problem.

Tons of dudes in the league smoke recreationally but are able to scale it back when necessary to avoid getting caught.

Tons of dudes in the league smoke recreationally but are able to scale it back when necessary to avoid getting caught.
Yeah didn't the league increase the threshold for grams of weed in players system? It should just be allowed, but I read the increase comes out to about one blunt a week lol.

The threshold is still pretty small though compared to other sports

Dak Prescott arrested for DUI......idiot
Dammit Dak! Ffs!

Earlier this week, Ohio State WR Michael Thomas met with the New Orleans Saints, San Diego Chargers and had an "outstanding meeting" with the Cleveland Browns, reports TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline.
iu

It's gonna suck when the steelers draft him and I pretend like he retired

Top Bottom