• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
CdZe2fyXEAARVUY.jpg

Just saw the Jerrell Freeman signing. Feels good to see the Bears snatching up some presumably good linebackers. Last seasons corps was a dumpster fire. When losing Shane McClellin is considered a major loss, you know something horrible has happened to your talent depth. It'll be nice to have solid linebacker play again.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Ohhh Dak... :jnc

The twitter from the police department in Oxford, Mississippi (Where Ole Miss resides, rival of Miss. State):

fljVNx1.jpg

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
What have the Packers been doing? Biggest offseason story from the Cheese franchise is Eddie Lacy deciding to try P90X.

What's Genius GM Ted Thompson have planned to stop the Lions offense? We'll be coming back with a fully revamped defense are Aaron Rodgers and Coach McCarthy on the same page? Who's running the offense?

If I were a Packers fan I'd be worried. This young Lions team will be coming fierce with the Jim Bob Cooter-Matthew Stafford offense.

Oh, and we have 10 draft picks for added depth to an already stacked team with more cap money to spend if necessary.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
What have the Packers been doing? Biggest offseason story from the Cheese franchise is Eddie Lacy deciding to try P90X.

What's Genius GM Ted Thompson have planned to stop the Lions offense? We'll be coming back with a fully revamped defense are Aaron Rodgers and Coach McCarthy on the same page? Who's running the offense?

If I were a Packers fan I'd be worried. This young Lions team will be coming fierce with the Jim Bob Cooter-Matthew Stafford offense.

Oh, and we have 10 draft picks for added depth to an already stacked team with more cap money to spend if necessary.

jnc.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lions favorites to sign Russell Okung over Seattle, New York Giants and San Francisco.

These free agents the Lions have signed/going to sign know they're coming to a Super Bowl contending team.

That's why Marvin Jones choose the Lions over the Patriots and Bengals two perennial playoff teams.

“It was about me and the opportunity that I was going to get coming to Detroit,” Jones said. “It heated up, and I won’t get into details about other teams, but they wanted me and they let it be known, and I wanted to be there. Be here, I should say. It was just intriguing, and it just worked out.”

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2016/03/09/detroit-lions-marvin-jones/81564900/

ampere

Packers are a mostly homegrown team from the draft. If you think a team needs "big offseason stories" then you must be a writer for ESPN or TMZ sports and not a football fan

This is weak even for you kas

lol floyd you dumb slut you are the gotor of the cleve

I forgot to tell you.. Glad to see you back posting here biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch..

Also.. that donation to Breadstream is going to go to Gregstream or even Spincenter with insults like that.

Floyd wants to fuck his cousin?
This would be news to me? I don't live in the swamps of Gainsville, nor in a doublewide with the methheads in the hellhole known as Florida AKA America's basement. Did we change the rules needed to be a gata and I missed the meeting?

Daft Punk

Banned

Packers have been busy resigning their own back to the team in order to shore up what is a rising elite defense and bolstering what is already a stout offense (when everyone is healthy). What you should be asking yourself is what is that Lions D going to do when a healthy Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, and whatever new toys Ted Thompson gets for Aaron Rodgers come streaking through Ford Field next time. Let me remind you of what happened last time:

9p8g5g.gif

Boom.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Packers are a mostly homegrown team from the draft. If you think a team needs "big offseason stories" then you must be a writer for ESPN or TMZ sports and not a football fan

This is weak even for you kas

Teams are built through the draft with the occasional quality free agent signing(s).

Matthew Stafford, Ziggy Ansah, Larry Warford, Darius Slay, Theo Riddick, Eric Ebron, DeAndre Levy, Ameer Abdullah etc. all drafted by the Lions and all under 28 years old.

We just happened to have a ton of cap space which needed to be used to sign guys like Marvin Jones, Haloti Ngata, Rafael Bush etc. The previous regime also signed two Pro Bowlers in one offseason in 2014 with Golden Tate and Glover Quin.

Draft is more important but it's a perfect balance of draft picks and free agent signings.

You don't want to go the Miami Dolphins route and draft horribly but win the offseason free agency signings.

You also don't want to draft horribly like the Cleveland Browns, or the Detroit Lions of the Matt Millen era, to where players don't want to play for your organization.

You'd be lying to yourself, or a NFC North rival in denial, to deny the young talent on this team.

And we have 10 draft picks.

james-brown-crying-o.gif

MechDX

David Carr wore #8

Matt Schaub wore #8

Osweiler is wearing 17. 1 + 7 = 8!!!

Motherfucker....

Oh and Happy Birthday Bread!!

minx

The Bears paid $36.5 million ($18 million guaranteed) for PFF's first- and third-ranked ILBs, Trevathan and Freeman. Outstanding values.

WedgeX

Banned
Packers have been busy resigning their own back to the team in order to shore up what is a rising elite defense and bolstering what is already a stout offense (when everyone is healthy). What you should be asking yourself is what is that Lions D going to do when a healthy Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, and whatever new toys Ted Thompson gets for Aaron Rodgers come streaking through Ford Field next time. Let me remind you of what happened last time:

9p8g5g.gif

Boom.

Why you gotta break my heart.

Collateral damage!

I'm still not right after Megatron.

Top Bottom