• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The Lions have lost Megatron and the only compensation they have for Suh is an extra 3rd rounder. Those other two extra picks are in the practice squad range so who gives a shit?

Packer fans sleep soundly at night looking at the Lions. The Vikings are going to be the only ones threatening the Packers in the NFC North again this season.

Happy birthday mech and bead!

In the last 10 years, the six teams that have spent the most money in FA have been the Dolphins, Jaguars, Eagles, Redskins, Buccanneers, and the Browns.

squicken

In the last 10 years, the six teams that have spent the most money in FA have been the Dolphins, Jaguars, Eagles, Redskins, Buccanneers, and the Browns.

The biggest joke of this FA period is that the Rams have like the highest paid secondary in history. Jenkins to NYG, Johnson got tagged, Barron stayed (though he's a LB now), and Mcleod to Philly. All b/c the pas rush gets there so fast they don't have to cover long

Happy Sunday!

dancing-gif-balance-awesome-2380485.gif

Good afternoon Jim Nantz.

How is life?

What did you just call me? This is why the European house has problems with you.

Happy birthday, Mech & Bread!

Had dinner with a friend last night who's a Jets fan. He recognized that both Pittsburgh and NYG have about 3 years left in their window, with Ben and Eli. But he was convinced the Jets are in that same discussion given the contracts they have with Marshall and Decker and likely what's left in the tank for Revis. He also suggested the Steelers are hurt bad by Bryant's weed suspension, but frankly I think the Steelers' depth at WR is better than just about anyone else in the league.

Anyway, he thinks if IRG3 can perform from the pocket and not get killed while running around then the Jets are in it.

I'd be happy to see them dethrone the Trumpriots for sure. But I wouldn't put them in the top tier of possible Super Bowl teams without having something at QB that isn't a complete disaster. Geno, IRG3 and Petty (is that their other dude?).

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 3h3 hours ago
Repost: Panthers won't get in bidding war for Eric Weddle; will try to add D-line depth.

Joe PersonVerified account
‏@josephperson
Repost: CFL veteran Swayze Waters will try to make name for himself as Panthers punter.

#JustGettThangs
#PerennialMarchLosers

jbug617

Banned
‏@AdamSchefter: Broncos-Ryan Fitzpatrick had initial conversation, price more than Denver wants to spend at this time, and they could revisit talks later.

I wonder how much Fitzmagic is asking for.

MechDX

So I pulled up Over The Cap:

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/houston-texans

Duane Brown can be cut for 2.5 million in dead money but save the team 7 million. Next year he has zero guaranteed money and would cost the team nothing to release him.

IMO one of two things are at play here.
1) Texans using this Okung visit as leverage to get brown to rework his deal to free up more money (Nuk extension)
2) They have gone full Patriots. Cut a man a year before he starts to fall off. His injury has the potential to be pretty severe and not allow him to return in time for TC

Just my 2 cents

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Thank you.

Hey Okung going to visit Houston after Pittsburgh and he is from Ft. Bend! Maybe someone will finally come home.

even though I have no idea why we are talking to another tackle

I knew someone would come back some day.

Corgis and Shibas are cute but often a nightmare behavior wise.

If you want yourself a cute dog that's also a great companion go for a Puggle.

Top Bottom