• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Seeing you angry is a great birthday present thank u much

tE4rbzQ.gif

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Here is Miami’s offer to Anderson, as NFL sources confirmed to 9NEWS:

2016: $5.25 million signing bonus due March 31 (guaranteed). $675,000 salary (guaranteed), $100,000 workout bonus. Total: $6 million.

2017: $2.9 million salary ($1.7 million guaranteed). $100,000 workout bonus. Total: $3 million.

2018: $4.5 million salary (not guaranteed).

2019: $4.5 million salary (not guaranteed).

Total: 4 years, $18 million.

No way Denver is matching that.

See ya, Sonic.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Jeremy Fowler ‎@JFowlerESPN

Russell Okung has an offer on the table from Steelers. Team meeting with more OTs in next few days. Kelvin Beachum still unsigned.
1:10 PM - 13 Mar 2016

Mindlog

(Buc fans trigger warning)
Bucs, safety Conte agree on one-year deal link
“And Chris Conte did some good things for us last year, and he has a familiarity with our new defensive backs coach, Jon Hoke, who was his coach (for four years) in Chicago.’’
ooDvgsL.gif

Godslay

Banned
Remember when Brent Farves endorsed Austin Davis and Brian Hoyer as the next Tom Brady and Kurt Warner?

He does have the blessing of HoF QB John Elway. Says he is convinced he will be special.

So there is that.

That only applies to his own staff working with him.

Given the history, it's a crap shoot with the Texans.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

MechDX

Are you loling because of BoBs proven track record with QBs he didn't draft?

I'm laughing because at the combine Elway told Peter King Brock was going to be special. After he didn't get him 're signed he suddenly sucks and has zero potential in the eyes of Broncos faithful everywhere.

I would say going 9-7 two years in a row with a QB room of Fitz, Malllett, Hoyer , Yates, Weeden and Savage and missing Foster for 75% of those two years is actually pretty impressive.

I've stated repeatedly I was just impressed and shocked they did something. Not once have I said Brock would be the greatest ever or any of that nonsense. He has great upside and potential.

To imply Kubiak is some great developer of QBs is simply not true. He won Super Bowls with Elway x 2, Steve Young and rode a great defense from Philips for his latest.

Godslay

Banned
I'm laughing because at the combine Elway told Peter King Brock was going to be special. After he didn't get him 're signed he suddenly sucks and has zero potential in the eyes of Broncos faithful everywhere.

I would say going 9-7 two years in a row with a QB room of Fitz, Malllett, Hoyer , Yates, Weeden and Savage and missing Foster for 75% of those two years is actually pretty impressive.

I've stated repeatedly I was just impressed and shocked they did something. Not once have I said Brock would be the greatest ever or any of that nonsense. He has great upside and potential.

To imply Kubiak is some great developer of QBs is simply not true. He won Super Bowls with Elway x 2, Steve Young and rode a great defense from Philips for his latest.

I don't think that Elway saying he could be special applies post Broncos, because as we've seen nothing going into BOB's system has produced. So until he does something with Brock, I can toss that around. Just like you did all year long with Kubes and Wade last year, and continue to do even after Kubes and Wade proved their worth this year.

As far as Kubes being a QB developer? He's done fine. Was the QB coach of Young, the OC of Elway and Plummer. Got the most out of Schaub and Flacco, and made it work with a broken down offensive line and weak QB play from PM. Oz started to look good under him, but regressed and was subsequently pulled. Which I didn't agree with btw, but it all worked out in the end.

All the Kubes hate should have died with the Superbowl, but here we are.

Decent wings. Had to go another place since my usual one is closed for renovations this month. Sadly they were a bit under-sauced so I had to put some of my own sauce on them. They were a bit cheaper, but I'll stick with my usual place, rather pay more for better sauced wings.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I can't wait until the Broncos are stuck with buttfumble and slay tries to convince us that it was all a part of Elway's master plan.

I don't think that Elway saying he could be special applies post Broncos, because as we've seen nothing going into BOB's system has produced. So until he does something with Brock, I can toss that around. Just like you did all year long with Kubes and Wade last year, and continue to do even after Kubes and Wade proved their worth this year.

As far as Kubes being a QB developer? He's done fine. Was the QB coach of Young, the OC of Elway and Plummer. Got the most out of Schaub and Flacco, and made it work with a broken down offensive line and weak QB play from PM. Oz started to look good under him, but regressed and was subsequently pulled. Which I didn't agree with btw, but it all worked out in the end.

All the Kubes hate should have died with the Superbowl, but here we are.
Why would it die? Peyton Manning had his worst season as a QB in Kubiak's offense and the Broncos won in spite of him. Kubiak didn't do a thing to develop Manning.

Broncos won the Super Bowl, and winning the Super Bowl tends to eradicate criticism, but the fact is the Broncos wanted Osweiller and didn't get him. Elway is going to have his shine for winning and he deserves it, but the way Brock was treated was a fuck up on his part.

Eleuin

surprised conte didn't somehow follow lovie back to college

also pretty good deal for the chargers if hayward stays healthy

Godslay

Banned
I can't wait until the Broncos are stuck with buttfumble and slay tries to convince us that it was all a part of Elway's master plan.

The line was drawn in the sand, and the Broncos didn't feel comfortable paying 15% more in guaranteed money, and 12% more in total contract value to match the Texans. So here we are moving to plan B I suppose.

As far as all the other surrounding stuff? I'm hearing conflicting stuff all the time. Seemed pretty excited to be a Bronco at the parade. Money talks though.

Sanchez? If he's the starting QB...well then color me surprised. Nobody saw that one coming. I'm sure he'll have a hard time beating out the QB play we had last year.

Why would it die? Peyton Manning had his worst season as a QB in Kubiak's offense and the Broncos won in spite of him. Kubiak didn't do a thing to develop Manning.

He was also injured, old, and realistically not a fit for the system. There was no development to be had. It was a bad mesh. Offense started to look better under Brock, but he started to fail because of bad OL play, holding on to the ball like a rookie, and not being able to motivate the team to turn things around. Could he have improved under Kubes? Most certainly. The work with Schaub/Plummer tells me he can take a junk yard project and turn it around or into something good/serviceable.

If the offense continues to trend this way for years to come, you may have an argument. Right now you don't. Besides, Shanny/Kubes style offense isn't a Star Wars stats style offense for the QB anyways.

Top Bottom