• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I am so confused by the crazy people coming out of these trump rallies.

Like what

tom-brady-trump-hat.jpg

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Michael Rothstein ‏@mikerothstein 28m28 minutes ago

Per colleague @FieldYates #Lions FA DE Jason Jones visited the #Steelers.
7 retweets 6 likes

Where's kas? I need him to pump me up on this guy.

Honestly Jason Jones is a solid, solid DE. You guys run a 3-4, right? He's one of two great players we got from Seattle, the other being Golden Tate.

He's versatile and can play in a 3-4 like he did in Seattle or in a 4-3 like he's been playing with Detroit.

Perfect size for a DE and has had 9 1/2 sacks the last two seasons and always seems to be putting pressure on the QB.

If I were to give him a Madden rating he'd be an 85.

I think he's testing the waters but he played at Eastern Michigan U so I don't think he leaves Detroit. Letting him go would be a mistake IMO.

He's our #2 DE behind the Elite Ezekial Ansah and while Devin Taylor has made strides since we drafted him losing Jason Jones would probably have us looking to draft a DE because we'd be thin at the position.

Daily remainder that Devin Taylor played opposite of JaDaveon Clowney at South Carolina, was drafted in the 4th round and has double the sacks that Clowney has in his career.

squicken

Knocked out of the FA Cup and soon to be out of the UCL. Bleak times for Arsenal fans. Kroenke is such a dick. Fisher and Wenger are perfect coaches for him

squicken

I saw LZ was throwing some shade on Andrew Luck today. Man that is some crazy shit. I like the dude, but every QB would rather have a good defense than weapons. Working with a net makes it easier to walk away from bad situations. I'll take this dude any week

2012 vs GB
2013 vs SEA
2015 vs DEN

That GB game was so awesome. I always knew, but that was the game where everyone got to see it too

squicken

I think that was the game Ez attended.

I'm sure it was full of Packers fans. That last drive where Reggie just killed the Pack defense was so fun. It will never happen, but it would be nice if they could get a decent run game going this year. The OL takes a lot of the blame, but I think the RBs are generally crap. Bradshaw's annual 4 weeks of good health mark the only times they get any decent production

Narag

I'm sure it was full of Packers fans. That last drive where Reggie just killed the Pack defense was so fun. It will never happen, but it would be nice if they could get a decent run game going this year. The OL takes a lot of the blame, but I think the RBs are generally crap. Bradshaw's annual 4 weeks of good health mark the only times they get any decent production

I'll never understand why Indy can't sort out the RB issue. I kinda understand during the Peyton years but it feels like any other team would fluke into a run game at this point.

The NFL's top health and safety officer acknowledged Monday there is a link between football-related head trauma and chronic traumatic encephalopathy, or CTE -- the first time a senior league official has conceded football's connection to the devastating brain disease.

Let's go get popcorn, friends. This gon be good

MechDX

I saw LZ was throwing some shade on Andrew Luck today. Man that is some crazy shit. I like the dude, but every QB would rather have a good defense than weapons. Working with a net makes it easier to walk away from bad situations. I'll take this dude any week

2012 vs GB
2013 vs SEA
2015 vs DEN

That GB game was so awesome. I always knew, but that was the game where everyone got to see it too

LZ is right. Russell is better than Luck

Mindlog

Oh, Browns.
DePodesta says he’s heard other team officials mock him, Browns

While leaving last month’s NFL Scouting Combine DePodesta said he heard officials from other teams mocking him, not knowing he was standing near them at the Indianapolis Airport.

“I was standing right in front of them in line and I could hear them in back of me and they were talking trash about me and the Cleveland Browns,” DePodesta said last week at the annual MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference.
This losing an hour bullshit will be my end. The first NFL GAF candidate to end this fuckery will get my vote. As soon as the match ends I'm out for my jog. No sleep till Brooklyn.

Spinluck

2012 vs GB
2013 vs SEA
2015 vs DEN

That's my boy.

When he's on, he's on, so fun to watch.

He's at least 1.5 Blaine Gabbert. So he got that going for him.

Also, hello friend! Why are you up so late on a week night.

I just got a new dog. She's a puppy and I'm waiting for her to fall asleep. One thing I'll give cats is that they're such gigantic cunts that care for themselves so much that you barely have to look after them.

Godslay

Banned
So who do you guys think the Bronco's will bring in to compete with Sanchez? Surely he won't be number one right?

A deal for Kaep or even Fitz isn't dead yet.

If that happens it will then Kaep/Fitz, Sanchez, Siemian, maybe a draft pick.

I know some will laugh, but Sanchez could be serviceable in this offense. It actually fits his more than say Fitz.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
A deal for Kaep or even Fitz isn't dead yet.

If that happens it will then Kaep/Fitz, Sanchez, Siemian, maybe a draft pick.

I know some will laugh, but Sanchez could be serviceable in this offense. It actually fits his more than say Fitz.

The deal for Kaep is based on how much longer it is going to take the 9ers to finally crack.

Pepiope

Derrick Gunn
Derrick Gunn – Verified account ‏@TheRealDGunnCSN

Looks like CB Nolan Carroll will be with the Eagles for 2016 ....1yr deal... Per source ...
6:49 AM - 15 Mar 2016

Exactly what I thought would happen. Sets the Eagles up for BPA at #8.

squicken

Derrick Gunn

Looks like CB Nolan Carroll will be with the Eagles for 2016 ....1yr deal... Per source ...

Great news! I think they will lean OL to break any ties. Sadly I think the Miles Jack dream is dead. If someone is called a cross between Keuchley and Von Miller, he doesn't drop to 8

Godslay

Banned
The deal for Kaep is based on how much longer it is going to take the 9ers to finally crack.

Indeed.

They have the leverage, but they also don't want to carry his salary especially if he's a backup.

Godslay you're hyping up Sanchez now? :jnc

Serviceable starter isn't hype.

You seem to forget that we had probably the worst QB play in the league last year.

Besides Sanchez has the tools to run the offense. He'll be an improvement over what we got last year. If he starts of course.

Pepiope

Sanchez was the only QB who was a disaster in Chip's QB friendly system. He can't throw over 10 yards, arm strength literally worse than Pey Pey last season.

Godslay

Banned
Sanchez was the only QB who was a disaster in Chip's QB friendly system. He can't throw over 10 yards, arm strength literally worse than Pey Pey last season.

To be fair, the entirety of the Eagles were a dumpster fire under Chip.

As far as him arm, that's not true.

Hindl

Great news! I think they will lean OL to break any ties. Sadly I think the Miles Jack dream is dead. If someone is called a cross between Keuchley and Von Miller, he doesn't drop to 8

I hope not that would be great if he fell. Would really solidify the LB core, especially with Kendricks not playing well last year. Doubt he falls past the Jags though

Derrick Gunn

Great news!

Yes but it wasn't a coincidence that the lowest point of the Eagles 2015 was the three weeks Sanchez started. This is kind of a moot argument since I doubt you're arguing for Sanchez to actually start and be the future. But he makes bad decisions, is inaccurate, and turns the ball over a lot. But more than that, no one looks up to him. Bradford isn't exactly known as a great leader, but compared to Sanchez he may as well have been a general. The team completely lost faith with Sanchez at the helm. Yes the whole team was a dumpster fire, but at least with Bradford they tried. Everyone just gave up when Sanchez was the QB. He might win a few games here and there, but he's not going to inspire anyone on the team, and he's not going to be leading game winning drives. He's a bridge QB when you can't get the guy you want. But again, you probably already knew this.

I hope you are only talking about last year. The previous 2 seasons they were 10-6 and 2 years ago they were 10-3, before Foles got hurt and buttfumble came in and killed the season.

gutshot

Godslay, take it from a guy who's been down this path before, thinking that Sanchez is a serviceable starter is just not realistic. He sucks.

Any wins you get with him at the helm will be in spite of him (which seemed to work OK for you guys last season, but still).

Top Bottom