• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Fantomex

The Los Angeles Rams have agreed to a three-year contract with cornerback Coty Sensabaugh, a source told ESPN.

That's right, we eatin.

raf,750x1000,075,t,navy.u1.jpg

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
CdmthMwVIAAD3Ue.jpg

Roethlisberger took that understanding to a higher level with an appearance that aired this week on “Gridiron Outdoors with Mike Pawlawski” on the Outdoor Channel.

“The sniper part, doing the long-range shooting, working with the SEAL sniper guys,” Roethlisberger said. “You think of all the dream jobs, I wanted to be like James Bond or a ‘Top Gun' fighter pilot, the bad dude that's a sniper that could shoot someone from a mile away. It's kind of pretty cool.”

the Tyron Smith contract is maybe the most ridiculous thing in football, a restructure is whatever(this is like the only real news other than "We didn't get a guy" since carroll decided to stay put for low money instead of move for low money)

If you didn't already think Trump is a monster, he eats his steak well done https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/709768645073883136

Trash eats trash

This is objectively the worst Trump trivia, and maybe the worst thing about him as a person

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 46s46 seconds ago
Ravens announced Mike Wallace will agree to new deal this afternoon, join Baltimore

EDIT: Beaten

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Good looking dog, spin. Please feed it dog food.

E -

Molly is a hard core party drug, eh? At least it isn't addictive and life ruining like the insidious marijuana!

MechDX

ESPN Cleveland ‏@ESPNCleveland 4h4 hours ago
Grossi: I feel the #Browns will trade Joe Thomas either the day of the draft or before the draft.

I legitimately dont have any idea what the Browns are doing.

squicken

I don't have any interest in Bosa, but he needs to be taken before 8 so a good player slides down. I think Elliot might be the 2nd overall talent in the draft, but his position makes him a bit of a wildcard as far as draft slot

Are the 2016 Browns the Least Talented Team in Modern NFL History?

The Cleveland Browns are putting together a historically untalented roster this offseason. Maybe the least talented roster we've seen in the modern era.

That's a bold claim, but it's not a big leap. The Browns were 3-13 last year—not exactly gushing with talent in the first place. They lost several of their best players to free agency last week—Tashaun Gipson, Alex Mack, Mitchell Schwartz, Travis Benjamin—while only making minimal additions. Recent drafts have brought top picks like Johnny Manziel, Justin Gilbert, Brandon Weeden, Trent Richardson and Barkevious Mingo, players who are either already gone or haven't shown much. There don't appear to be many, if any, budding superstars lurking on the roster.

Yes, the Browns may add Colin Kaepernick, and they pick second and 32nd in the upcoming draft. But some rookies and a baggage-laden veteran will only improve the situation slightly. The Browns are shockingly weak at just about every position on the depth chart.

So are they the least talented team in modern NFL history?

To find out, let's measure up the 2016 Browns, as they now stand, to some of the least talented teams in modern NFL history.

Here are the challengers:

The 2008 Lions were the only team ever to finish a season 0-16.

The 1992 Patriots finished 2-14 and were in the midst of an ownership boondoggle that kept them at the bottom of the standings for half a decade.

The 1982 Colts finished 0-8-1 in a strike-shortened year and were burdened with owner Robert Irsay, who was: A) pinching pennies so he could move the team out of Baltimore and B) drinking so heavily that his problems often spilled into the locker room or onto the sideline.

The 1980 Saints were the legendary "Aints." They finished the season 1-15, with their fans wearing bags over their heads.

The 1976 Buccaneers went 0-14 in their expansion season. The team's original ownership group was legendarily tight with money.

B/R warning, but Mike Tanier isn't a click bait kind of writer. He's pretty thorough in his analysis. I have thought the same thing as the Browns shed talent all offseason

On the talent thing, we don't play games now. Let's wait till it all plays out. This all makes me sound like a homer, but it's cool. But I'll agree that talent isn't overwhelming
I legitimately dont have any idea what the Browns are doing.
This is why I don't like when ppl quote or post grossi. This isn't inside info it's not facts. It's literally just his opinion that he posted, not based on sources or anything. Ppl take it likes it's an actual story and run with it. Wouldn't be surprised if PFT picked it up or something.

This is just a opinion he said, but it's usually played off like a report. Now the narrative will be out their now though

MechDX

This is why I don't like when ppl quote or post grossi. This isn't inside info it's not facts. It's literally just his opinion that he posted, not based on sources or anything. Ppl take it likes it's an actual story and run with it. Wouldn't be surprised if PFT picked it up or something.

This is just a opinion he said, but it's usually played off like a report. Now the narrative will be out their now though

I am not disagreeing with you but when you look at the talent exodus from Cleveland this off season it is really head scratching. I guess they are just literally doing a complete tear down and rebuild again

Are Browns fans ready for an 0-16 ride as the article Squicken posted alluded to?

I welcome 0-16. Test me life..

With a fork is the only way to eat the goat chicago deep dish pizza.

Chicago pizza is not pizza..

Probably just be less enthusiastic about Brady, Belichick and Kraft. If I picked another team I'd probably find out shitty things about them too
Well that's an option..

Women everywhere shuddered in unison.

I always suspected that Ben had a small penis.

:jnc

"Cards-Pats blockbuster from @diannaESPN and me: Cards trade G Jonathan Cooper + 2nd-rd pick to NE for DE Chandler Jones, per sources." - @AdamSchefter

What the fuck? I guess Chris Long working out for the Pats makes a lot more sense now.

I think they are tanking. This is from DePodsta

Cdm32I7W0AAIx6O.jpg:large
That's what I thought when I read this a couple days ago.. Jimmy even said this was going to be a multi-year rebuild.
shut up, you all know what I mean.

It does make sense in burning everything down to start fresh.. assuming Cleveland actually does what they are supposed to do in drafting people who actually aren't fuck-ups

squicken

"Cards-Pats blockbuster from @diannaESPN and me: Cards trade G Jonathan Cooper + 2nd-rd pick to NE for DE Chandler Jones, per sources." - @AdamSchefter

What the fuck? I guess Chris Long working out for the Pats makes a lot more sense now.

WOW. Cooper was my most wanted guy a couple of drafts ago. This is actually a good trade for both. NE needs OL help and AZ needs a pass rush

LJ11

DePo is definitely all about the tank, you need to shed aging talent that isn't going to contribute long term, and acquire as much talent as possible via the draft/udfa.

I've always felt that Chandler Jones was a bit overrated. Know the Pats love to keep their rush lanes and all that, but he's not a sudden player, doesn't have great moves, his hand usage is pretty good but why spend the cash on him. Smart move getting as much return as possible for him.

Whatever happened to Kave's girl Mary Kay? Isn't this usually the time of year where she makes shit up?
Don't talk about Khalessi like that, she's gawd damn co-Ohio sports writer of the year. Mary Kay does say some stupid shit but no one makes shit up like Grossi. The other day he called Kaep a "tatted up reclamation project" it was very professional, these are the sports writers I have.

cdyhybrid

Good looking dog, spin. Please feed it dog food.

E -

Molly is a hard core party drug, eh? At least it isn't addictive and life ruining like the insidious marijuana!
:jnc

Molly isn't even that dangerous, assuming you don't have a heart condition and it is indeed actually MDMA.

I guess they're hoping Sheard performs as good as last season. Not a fan of this trade at all.

I like Jones but he's going to get paid a shit ton of money next season. It'd be a lot worse to lose him then for nothing instead of getting a good trade out of him now. This also frees up cap room for extensions for Hightower, Sheard, Collins and the rest.

Tom Penny

Knew they would not pay him but wow nevertheless. They want Hightower and Collins as expected. They wont pay him max and shouldnt so that's the breaks.

Top Bottom