• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Godslay

Banned
Yes but it wasn't a coincidence that the lowest point of the Eagles 2015 was the three weeks Sanchez started. This is kind of a moot argument since I doubt you're arguing for Sanchez to actually start and be the future. But he makes bad decisions, is inaccurate, and turns the ball over a lot. But more than that, no one looks up to him. Bradford isn't exactly known as a great leader, but compared to Sanchez he may as well have been a general. The team completely lost faith with Sanchez at the helm. Yes the whole team was a dumpster fire, but at least with Bradford they tried. Everyone just gave up when Sanchez was the QB. He might win a few games here and there, but he's not going to inspire anyone on the team, and he's not going to be leading game winning drives. He's a bridge QB when you can't get the guy you want. But again, you probably already knew this.

I doubt he'll be the starter.

If he is though, he has enough tools to do the job in a pinch. The offense will be friendly enough for him to be serviceable. That probably means bottom half of the league of course.

The real question is, if he was to start could he be better than 19 TDs and 23 Ints that the Broncos put up last year at QB? I'm guessing he'll come in somewhere around that. Maybe better if he can get the ints under control, assuming he had to start.

The case I'm comparing him to would be Plummer. When Denver acquired him, he was known as a turnover machine. Kubes worked with him to turn that around and he had some pretty good years in Denver. If he can limit Sanchez's turnovers, it wouldn't be a bad get at least in the case of being a backup. He obviously won't be going to the Pro Bowl like Plummer did, but I can see him improving.

But I guess that's hyping him up...

:jnc

And yes, of course anyone starting is most likely going to be a bridge at this point. Kaep included.

Godslay, take it from a guy who's been down this path before, thinking that Sanchez is a serviceable starter is just not realistic. He sucks.

Any wins you get with him at the helm will be in spite of him (which seemed to work OK for you guys last season, but still).

We didn't have a serviceable starter last year either...

So realistically this could be an improvement. When you are on the floor of the league, doesn't take much to improve it.

I hope you are only talking about last year. The previous 2 seasons they were 10-6 and 2 years ago they were 10-3, before Foles got hurt and buttfumble came in and killed the season.

Yeah, last year was a real shit show.

This is like saying you've never tried bacon

Why

Cause I only check this thread, the shirtless league thread and sometimes the F1 thread. Besides that, I only just browse.

Also:

3ylRjls.jpg

Tom posted this on his Facebook

Farooq

Banned
@rapsheet
The #Cowboys are getting a visit from former#Bengals CB Leon Hall, source said. He recently visited the #AZCardinals.

CB is a huge need. If Ramsey slides past the Cowboys in the GAF mock, I have failed you all.

Myles Jack's pro day is going to be interesting. Medical re-check in April as well.

kaiju

I like to believe he actually does it himself. I love to imagine him struggling behind his computer in paint trying to put his head on that image, screaming at Gisele to come check out his photoshop masterpiece before he posts it.

He must really think he has a big head.

Hindl

Oh please, it's Bills favorite food.

But to be fair, it's called Taylor Ham, only pineys call it pork roll.

Bullshit, the original company even calls it Taylor Pork Roll. Because the FDA came down and said legally you can't call it ham. Taylor Ham is just wrong

You jersey shore folk are the worst. It looks disgusting, how over processed do you want your meat.

First of all those fuckers are from NY, no one actually calls it the Jersey Shore, just the Shore.

And if you don't feel like you're about to die from your breakfast sandwich, what's the point in eating it?!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO at the Gears of War 4 beta news. Anyone who skipped out on Gears UE it will be on sale for $10 March 20th at Best Buy. If you play Gears UE online before April 11th you are guaranteed a spot in the beta.

Pats re-sign Nate Ebner and he instantly takes a leave of absence from the team to start training for the US Rugby team and the summer Olympics. This guy has no work ethic.

_woLf

somehow i feel like the hawks signing every team's worst cut offensive linemen isnt going to help our problems very much

That's good but if I'm getting a breakfast burrito Chorizo is my go to meat.
That's a good substitution. Add some potatoes and your set!!

E:: Bread, sorry but I do put rice in my burritos. Asada, rice & beans. Good ole Mom & Pop food chain specials.

Top Bottom