• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

squicken

I've always felt that Chandler Jones was a overrated. Know the Pats love to keep their rush lanes and all that, but he's not a sudden player, doesn't have great moves, his hand usage is pretty good but why spend the cash on him. Smart move getting as much return as possible for him.

I would literally never trade with NE if it involves one of their players. You know they have seen something that means he won't be worth the cost to keep. But AZ is kind of desperate for a pass rush, and I'm not sure how they value Cooper. It's not like they haven't seen him in practice and found him to be irreplaceable

Spinluck

"Cards-Pats blockbuster from @diannaESPN and me: Cards trade G Jonathan Cooper + 2nd-rd pick to NE for DE Chandler Jones, per sources." - @AdamSchefter

What the fuck? I guess Chris Long working out for the Pats makes a lot more sense now.

lol

A second round pick? Jeeez...

NE got the better part of that deal for sure.

LJ11

I would literally never trade with NE if it involves one of their players. You know they have seen something that means he won't be worth the cost to keep. But AZ is kind of desperate for a pass rush, and I'm not sure how they value Cooper. It's not like they haven't seen him in practice and found him to be irreplaceable

Yeah, plus you have to spend the cash to reup this guy, and I don't think he's worth the money. Jones is no game changer on the edge. I like going after "failed" talent too. Cooper is a throw in, but it's smart to take a flier on a guy that had talent coming into the league, but hasn't developed in the first couple of years. Never know, light may turn on, and you end up with a capable starter. It's a risk worth taking, more teams should do it.

Bread

Banned
Yeah, plus you have to spend the cash to reup this guy, and I don't think he's worth the money. Jones is no game changer on the edge. I like going after "failed" talent too. Cooper is a throw in, but it's smart to take a flier on a guy that had talent coming into the league, but hasn't developed in the first couple of years. Never know, light may turn on, and you end up with a capable starter. It's a risk worth taking, more teams should do it.
i'm sure scarnecchia had something to do with them getting cooper, hopefully he can work his magic and turn him into something useful.

jbug617

Banned

Jones is good but not great. He probably going to get close or more than what Vernon got from the NYG.

ampere

Sad to see Chandler go, but there's no way we were gonna resign him after this year

Looks like Cooper missed a lot of games a few years back to a leg injury, but he's only started 11 games. Maybe he's a good fit for our o-line weaknesses, and that 2nd rounder is nice

Tom Penny

DePo is definitely all about the tank, you need to shed aging talent that isn't going to contribute long term, and acquire as much talent as possible via the draft/udfa.

I've always felt that Chandler Jones was a bit overrated. Know the Pats love to keep their rush lanes and all that, but he's not a sudden player, doesn't have great moves, his hand usage is pretty good but why spend the cash on him. Smart move getting as much return as possible for him.
Hes good but not top money good and he will get it somewhere else. Dissapears alot.

ampere

Might be an immediate need for the Cards. Jones is not worth the FA money he'll get, but he's good

No kidding. Suddenly Watt is seriously underpaid and Smith looks good 're-signing him when he did.

#FireRickSmith

Suddenly? Watt was underpaid the day he signed that contract

TheFatOne

"Cards-Pats blockbuster from @diannaESPN and me: Cards trade G Jonathan Cooper + 2nd-rd pick to NE for DE Chandler Jones, per sources." - @AdamSchefter

What the fuck? I guess Chris Long working out for the Pats makes a lot more sense now.
Great return for the Pats. Great trade from them. Thought the Pats wouldn't be able to get much for him, but a 2nd and a player especially an olineman is terrific. Can't wait to see more of Sheard. He was a beast last season when healthy.

DePo is definitely all about the tank, you need to shed aging talent that isn't going to contribute long term, and acquire as much talent as possible via the draft/udfa.

I've always felt that Chandler Jones was a bit overrated. Know the Pats love to keep their rush lanes and all that, but he's not a sudden player, doesn't have great moves, his hand usage is pretty good but why spend the cash on him. Smart move getting as much return as possible for him.

Agree 100% but I would take it a step further. He's a guy who also doesn't show up in important games. Against good teams he's invisible. Also loves to jump inside instead of setting the edge. He would be a great number two option in a great defensive front though. Opposite of Watt or Miller he would be great. He just isn't the number one.

squicken

Might be an immediate need for the Cards. Jones is not worth the FA money he'll get, but he's good

t

Their defense was really exposed vs CAR when they couldn't rush the passer at all. And Cooper was a bust a guard. This is a win for NE, but it isn't on the level of the Deion Branch trade

MechDX

I believe in the Browns.

funny-gif-dog-depression.gif

MechDX

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 43s44 seconds ago
#Seahawks are signing OL J'Marcus Webb to a 2-yr, $6.25M deal with $2.5M guaranteed, per @cameragryl. Webb's pumped & driving to sign it now

Russell gettin some help. #Blessed

I dont know who that is lol

Top Bottom