• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Watt is old news. Gholston is the new twitter hotness.

It's aggravating. If I had admin for VR threads I would rule with an iron fist and nip this problem in the bud. Example; Applying to GAF as a Pats fan should put that account into indefinite review.

Also Paradox today: Hearts of Iron 4 - D-Day, Stellaris - 9 MAY, New Obsidian cRPG
/drops the fucking mic

Best publisher.

Oh shit Hearts of Iron 4 is finally getting done! Excited about Stellaris too.

My life is over

GHmnhDU.jpg

smh

America pls

LJ11

Turns 24 this year and is really slender. Nuk is strong in the air and I'm not sure Doctson will be the same. I definitely would like him later in the 2nd, but at the top of the 2nd it's too rich. Some WR needy team will probably grab him higher than that b/c FA and this draft are so WR poor

I didn't know he was that old, dude will be through his prime on his first contract if he gets picked in the 1st. Amazing how limited your earning potential is if you don't come out early.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Going to be interesting to see how the Lions RB position shakes out.

I'm starting to think we should use, and have used, Theo Riddick as a Slot Reciever. Don't even use him out of the backfield just have him as a Julian Edelman type Slot receiver who can run quick curl routes and make plays in the open field.

Julian Edelman Stats last year: 61 Rec., 692 Yards, 7 TDs, 11.3 YPC

Theo Riddick Stats last year: 80 Rec., 697 Yards, 3 TDs, 8.7 YPC

They're both almost exactly the same size and Riddick has sure hands.

Then you have Ameer Abdullah who will be our Kick Returner and probably get 10-15 carries a game. He finished the season at over 4 Yards per carry.

We need a power back and Zach Zenner showed a lot of promise last year but got hurt early and is still unproven.

Theo Riddick should not even be used in the backfield anymore IMO. Just use him in the slot Julian Edelman style and watch him burn LBs. That's pretty much what Jim Bob Cooter did when he took over anyway.

Ameer Abdullah will get his 10-15 carries a game and is a potential home run hitter on any play.

That leaves the lack of "Power Back." We have to get some sort of running game but I could see us moving more towards a New England style offense.

theo-riddick-fifa-celebration-against-atlanta.gif

Duxxy3

I'm starting to think we should use, and have used, Theo Riddick as a Slot Reciever. Don't even use him out of the backfield just have him as a Julian Edelman type Slot receiver who can run quick curl routes and make plays in the open field.

Then you have Ameer Abdullah who will be our Kick Returner and probably get 10-15 carries a game. He finished the season at over 4 Yards per carry.

We need a power back and Zach Zenner showed a lot of promise last year but got hurt early and is still unproven.

Theo Riddick should not even be used in the backfield anymore IMO. Just use him in the slot Julian Edelman style and watch him burn LBs. That's pretty much what Jim Bob Cooter did when he took over anyway.

Ameer Abdullah will get his 10-15 carries a game and is a potential home run hitter on any play.

That leaves the lack of "Power Back." We have to get some sort of running game but I could see us moving more towards a New England style offense.

Blount is still out there.

Bread

Banned

edelman played 9 games, riddick 16.

kas pls

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
edelman played 9 games, riddick 16.

kas pls

I know that but Riddick would also be used out of the backfield as a RB and would switch reps between him, Joique Bell and Ameer Abdullah. As the season progressed he became a WR.

Riddick really reminds me of Edelman when he lines up in the slot and I think we should use him in almost exactly the same way which would essentially turn him from listed as a RB to a WR.

Bread

Banned
I know that but Riddick would also be used out of the backfield as a RB and would switch reps between him, Joique Bell and Ameer Abdullah. As the season progressed he became a WR.

Riddick really reminds me of Edelman when he lines up in the slot and I think we should use him in almost exactly the same way which would essentially turn him from listed as a RB to a WR.
but why compare their stats

Assuming it worked under the cap (I don't think it does but whatevs) if the Saints offered the Broncos Drew Brees for 2 first rounders would you say No if you were Elway or would you try and reload with an old QB and recreate Peyton's first 2 seasons in Denver?

Godslay

Banned
Assuming it worked under the cap (I don't think it does but whatevs) if the Saints offered the Broncos Drew Brees for 2 first rounders would you say No if you were Elway or would you try and reload with an old QB and recreate Peyton's first 2 seasons in Denver?

No. He's pretty old. Not really worth the picks.

In other news Johnny Football really needs to clean up his life.

FHK8W54.png

Ravens receivers might be interesting this year. Wallace will allow Joe to go deep and draw DPIs with his slightly under thrown shitballs, SSS is coming back, Kamar Aiken was fine last year and will be a good third or fourth option, and apparently we drafted a Wide Reciever in the first round last year, so we'll have that guy.

Could be interesting...

Spinluck

Seriously thought they would look at some offensive linemen at least though

It will take at least 2 off-seasons to fix Grigson's damage--so I was never expecting to address all those needs this year. Looking at the money available (21-23 million in cap space--varying from site to site), I think we could've added a few pieces for depths sake. However, Irsay has stressed going younger to Grigson after they found out signing olds past their prime isn't a good signing. So their eye is on going through the draft. As much as I'd like a few FAs to help fill those spots temporarily, I don't trust him to make the right signings.

He seems extra cautious this year. Only bad signing so far was the terrible back up QB they signed. Might as well have kept Freeman. The Allen contract wasn't so bad considering he was getting similar offers elsewhere.

Ravens receivers might be interesting this year. Wallace will allow Joe to go deep and draw DPIs with his slightly under thrown shitballs, SSS is coming back, Kamar Aiken was fine last year and will be a good third or fourth option, and apparently we drafted a Wide Reciever in the first round last year, so we'll have that guy.

Could be interesting...

Wallace and Perriman are redundant. Unless you're just gonna call 4 verts all game.

Top Bottom