• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Siragusa out at FOX.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/16/report-tony-siragusa-out-at-fox-sports/

One of the biggest personalities in NFL media is looking for work.

Tony Siragusa, a roving blend of sideline reporter and analyst who served as the third person in the booth without actually being in the booth, is out at FOX Sports, according to Ryan Glasspiegel of TheBigLead.com.

Siragusa previously worked with the announcing team of Kenny Albert and Daryl Johnston. More recently, Siragusa joined Thom Brennaman and Charles Davis.

Unconventional in many ways, Siragusa always was a polarizing presence during games. Apparently, someone with sufficient juice at FOX cast the deciding “nay” vote.

R.I.P. Siragusa's FOX career.

WTTG_12-14-2014_13.01.49.mp4_snapshot_00.35__2014.12.14_12.28.18_.0.0.jpg

I agree. I was thinking Stanley or a WR. Boldin wouldn't be a bad signing for short term if they went that route, but they've been pretty quiet about receivers for some reason.
Lots of hub bub about the Giants absolutely loving LB Leonard Floyd, too.

Jordan Raanan ‏@JordanRaanan 19m19 minutes ago
Jordan Raanan Retweeted SiriusXM NFL Radio
The #Giants have large contingent in Athens checking out Floyd #NFLDraft

Not the first time Raanan has said as much and he's not the only one.

MechDX

Busy day for the #Texans. Bill O’Brien and John Butler at Baylor. Also team personnel at Richmond, Temple and Michigan State pro days.

Don't know why the Texans DB coach is at Baylor pro day

Draxal

Siragusa was a douchebag in how dicked over that Carolina fan.

Or they take Stanley at 10. Lots of high end Oline investment by Reese in recent years. The trend would continue there and its a deep defensive line draft so we could still come out with some quality Dline player depth. Bobby Hart will get every opportunity to take over the RG position.

I would not pay a premium price for Okung. If he's willing to take a reasonable deal in the 5-6 million range for 2-3 years? Sure.

My guess for first rounder is going to be Corey Coleman from Baylor.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Alleged murder accomplice: Aaron Hernandez 'shot and killed Odin Lloyd'

Aaron Hernandez sits behind bars for the murder of Odin Lloyd, though despite his conviction he insists he didn't pull the trigger. Not so, says the lawyer for Ernest Wallace, who was with Hernandez on the early morning of June 13, 2013.

"It was Aaron Hernandez who shot and killed Odin Lloyd," defense attorney David Meier said Tuesday as opening statements began in the trial of Wallace.

Godslay

Banned
More than likely that is what this is.

They either sign Okung and cut Clady or Clady reworks his contract.

Clady could also be cut outright. Which would hurt depth, but boost cap. Then I think Ty would be the guy at LT, and we'd still have to add someone.

I just hope Clady reworks it, and sticks around. He'd be a huge boost to that OL if healthy.

þ@JordanRaanan
Jordan Raanan

Note: Reese only gets out to select few Pro Days. Was at LSU two years ago, Miami last year. Hmmm ... #Giants

Floyd's a rangy dude. Good athlete, pass rush skills, etc. Needs to add weight to his frame though. Reminds me or Demontre Moore in that sense. Curious if they do go that route if they see him as a DE or SAM linebacker? I'd fear similar issues to Moore in that his size wouldn't allow him to hold up against the run if he played with his hand in the ground at 240lb.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
In these parts we call it Bamboozled.

To be fair, did Reed fully understand that he was under a contract to play football? Are you sure he wasn't under contract as some kind of sportscaster that gets to shit on the team but accidentally put a jersey on him for a few games?

MechDX

To be fair, did Reed fully understand that he was under a contract to play football? Are you sure he wasn't under contract as some kind of sportscaster that gets to shit on the team but accidentally put a jersey on him for a few games?

#CoachReed was a popular hash tag during his tenure. But his comments when he got released were correct in hindsight after 2013

Striker

Floyd's a rangy dude. Good athlete, pass rush skills, etc. Needs to add weight to his frame though. Reminds me or Demontre Moore in that sense. Curious if they do go that route if they see him as a DE or SAM linebacker? I'd fear similar issues to Moore in that his size wouldn't allow him to hold up against the run if he played with his hand in the ground at 240lb.
It's a curious position. I admit I don't know a whole lot about him. Could he play WLB (which is often times a RILB from a 3-4) on the defense? Or middle? I don't see him at DE unless it's on 3rd down. Moore had nice size but never seemed to get stronger so he was always engulfed in the run.

Draxal's mention of Coleman is intriguing too, he's been rising up some boards.

Top Bottom