• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
but why compare their stats

My point was the Lions and our offensive staff should completely remove him from the backfield as a RB and move him into the slot which is essentially what we did towards the end of the season.

I think a lot of Lions fans were wondering why we weren't using Riddick as much when he showed his catch and playmaking ability numerous times throughout 2014.

They're both exactly the same size and they both have similar play styles when they run routes and get in the open field.

Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 35m35 minutes ago
BREAKING: #Raiders were finalizing an agreement with left tackle Donald Penn on a new contract late Tuesday night, sources said.

Raiders are going to have a really good O-line

Milchjon

Morning, brehs

10366051_1058107887563732_2056018414935849163_n.jpg

Striker

Raiders are going to have a really good O-line
They will.

That stinks for NY. They have big question marks on the right side (again). I would have rather signed Penn and drafted an OT project in the later rounds to groom. Instead, they'll probably offer Okung something high and his injury history scares me. Plus it sounds like they're looking for whoever they sign to play RT.

Also need to sign a corner. Two names I heard were Patrick Robinson and Jerraud Powers.

Spinluck

They will.

That stinks for NY. They have big question marks on the right side (again). I would have rather signed Penn and drafted an OT project in the later rounds to groom. Instead, they'll probably offer Okung something high and his injury history scares me. Plus it sounds like they're looking for whoever they sign to play RT.

Also need to sign a corner. Two names I heard were Patrick Robinson and Jerraud Powers.

Come back home Powers.

Vikings are pissed that their new stadium is on Chicago Drive.

200x200px-ZC-07fc7272_50laugh.gif

Don't know if Pissed is the right word but they're trying to get the road/street/whatever renamed to something different.

If anyone is pissed it's business and people that have been there before this stadium that are going to have to get used to it.

gutshot

Rumors that the Eagles may strike a deal with Nick Fairley today. As long as it is just a short-term/incentive-laden deal, making him work for his money, I'm cool with it.

Hindl

Rumors that the Eagles may strike a deal with Nick Fairley today. As long as it is just a short-term/incentive-laden deal, making him work for his money, I'm cool with it.

Same guy who was talking about Fairley to the Eagles last night:

Benjamin Allbright
‏@AllbrightNFL
Pump the brakes on Fairley and the Eagles. I'll find out what changed, guys.

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/710077772916334592

Looks like it might not happen. Which would be ok, depending on who we draft in the 1st, we can grab a quality backup DT with one of our 3rds

They will.

Or they take Stanley at 10. Lots of high end Oline investment by Reese in recent years. The trend would continue there and its a deep defensive line draft so we could still come out with some quality Dline player depth. Bobby Hart will get every opportunity to take over the RG position.

I would not pay a premium price for Okung. If he's willing to take a reasonable deal in the 5-6 million range for 2-3 years? Sure.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Browns signed ILB Demario Davis to a two year deal!

Apparently this is the guy who made McCown do a Rosencopter in the first game of the season.

Striker

Or they take Stanley at 10. Lots of high end Oline investment by Reese in recent years. The trend would continue there and its a deep defensive line draft so we could still come out with some quality Dline player depth. Bobby Hart will get every opportunity to take over the RG position.

I would not pay a premium price for Okung. If he's willing to take a reasonable deal in the 5-6 million range for 2-3 years? Sure.
If they grab Stanley, do you move over Flowers? I am wondering if they like Treadwell or another WR enough to grab one of them really early; I don't like this assumption that Cruz is going to be healthy again. I hope so, but I think with the money he and Harris are making, they'll hedge their bets on those two and few others like White, Edwards, and Davis. The offense is very good but can be so explosive with just an adequate #2 on the other side.

If they grab Stanley, do you move over Flowers? I am wondering if they like Treadwell or another WR enough to grab one of them really early; I don't like this assumption that Cruz is going to be healthy again. I hope so, but I think with the money he and Harris are making, they'll hedge their bets on those two and few others like White, Edwards, and Davis. The offense is very good but can be so explosive with just an adequate #2 on the other side.
No. I think Flowers has footwork/technique issues he needs to work through but he's a better LT prospect at the moment, IMO and he has a year of play time under his belt there. Stanley would be a starter on the right side if we go in that direction.

WR isn't out of the question. The general thinking is that the Giants HAVE to go defense in the first round but after the free agency splash - I don't think that's 100% given.

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 47s48 seconds ago
After missing out on CJ Anderson, Dolphins moving in on another CJ: former Cards' RB Chris Johnson, who's visiting Miami today, per source.

Phins

Striker

No. I think Flowers has footwork/technique issues he needs to work through but he's a better LT prospect at the moment, IMO and he has a year of play time under his belt there. Stanley would be a starter on the right side if we go in that direction.

WR isn't out of the question. The general thinking is that the Giants HAVE to go defense in the first round but after the free agency splash - I don't think that's 100% given.
I agree. I was thinking Stanley or a WR. Boldin wouldn't be a bad signing for short term if they went that route, but they've been pretty quiet about receivers for some reason.

Mike Garafolo & #8207;@MikeGarafolo 7m7 minutes ago

OT Russell Okung expected to visit Broncos, source says. Denver looking to bolster OL after losing Ryan Harris. Clady situation fluid too.
Broncos

Top Bottom