• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Furyous

Are the 2016 Browns the Least Talented Team in Modern NFL History?

http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...the-least-talented-team-in-modern-nfl-history

I wasn't going to post this article out of respect to my Browns brethren but after the release of Karlos Dansby and Dwayne Bowe you have to wonder what the hell the franchise is doing.

It goes by a position to position breakdown of the Browns and compares them to some all time bad teams like the 2008 Lions. And looking at the Browns roster they may be worse than the 2008 Lions at this point which is ridiculous.

Are they purposely tanking for the 2017 draft, if so for who?

The NFL should step in at some point because ownership doesn't seem to give any fucks about the franchise.

I somewhat understand the logic: it's clearly going to be a rough year so don't break the bank on everyone knowing this is an at best six, keep in mind it's fucking March right now, win team.

At the same time this logic can kick rocks in the cases of Mack, Gipson, and Schwartz. Front office has to make this up to fans by getting us quality players and stockpiling picks. Trust the process is my new motto for the season and through the draft.

TheFatOne

"Wheeling and dealing continues: Bears are trading TE Martellus Bennett to Patriots for draft-pick compensation, league sources tell ESPN." - @AdamSchefter

"Teams finalizing deal, but Chicago and New England are expected to swap mid-to-late round picks in exchange for Martellus Bennett."

Black Unicorn to the Pats.

Excellent. Finally a solid option opposite Gronk.

squicken

BB accepting that Brady can't throw accurately outside the numbers, and going with another big target in the middle of the field

Colasante

All those receiving options and the Pats don't have anyone that can throw further than 5 yards. What a waste.

That's not true.

new-england-trick-play-against-baltimore.gif

Colasante

Looks like the Patriots traded a 4th for Bennett and a 6th. Great deal. Kind of surprised no one would offer Chicago something more, but Belichick and Ryan Pace do seem to enjoy trading with one another.

Tom Penny

Looks like the Patriots traded a 4th for Bennett and a 6th. Great deal. Kind of surprised no one would offer Chicago something more, but Belichick and Ryan Pace do seem to enjoy trading with one another.

That's more than I would expect them to give up to be honest.

was the denver game not an extreme outlier compared to the rest of the season?

They ran the ball 19 out of 21 plays against Miami in a half so Brady wouldn't die and Suh still almost got him..

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I somewhat understand the logic: it's clearly going to be a rough year so don't break the bank on everyone knowing this is an at best six, keep in mind it's fucking March right now, win team.

At the same time this logic can kick rocks in the cases of Mack, Gipson, and Schwartz. Front office has to make this up to fans by getting us quality players and stockpiling picks. Trust the process is my new motto for the season and through the draft.

Releasing Dwayne Bowe I totally get. I just don't understand why you would release Karlos Dansby. He's a decent player on the roster that really needs it.

Hopefully the Browns hit on a QB or potentially trade down from the #2 or #32 pick to get some more picks.

MechDX

Patriots will give up 4th and get back a 6th as well in Bennett deal. Late-round compensation still being worked out.

Twitter
Was really hoping we would snag him. But we don't take "problem players". Sigh.....Brock needs to go back to Scotsdale and punch that pizza thief in the face

Tom Penny

Wouldn't be shocked if Bennett had a big year, signed another good contract elsewhere, and the Patriots end up recouping that 4th with a compensatory pick next year.

Taking on 5M at TE is not a Patriots move I guess it will even out when I'm paid to be the short yardage RB this year.

Bennett is one and done, unless he's given a massive contract that makes him one of the highest paid TEs. Toss in the fact that he totally quit on the Bears, and the market gets pretty limited.

Tom Penny

Bennett is one and done, unless he's given a massive contract that makes him one of the highest paid TEs. Toss in the fact that he totally quit on the Bears, and the market gets pretty limited.

I'm pretty sure the Pats have zero intention of signing him after this year.

TheFatOne

Taking on 5M at TE is not a Patriots move I guess it will even out when I'm paid to be the short yardage RB this year.

Makes sense for a rental player. Pay him 5M this year, and get a compensatory draft pick if they can. He's going to be playing for a fat contract so hopefully he is a beast this upcoming season.

minx

I called Bennett to the Patriots a couple days ago. Was only expecting a 6th since he has one year left on his contract. A 4th is great news!

I wonder why Elway didn't make that move at TE spot... I guess that 4th round still in play for Kap?
Bad system fit?
Who knows.

But yeah seems like Brady got some weapons now.
At least the defense in the AFC East are going to be good. Yes, even the Dolphins.

TheFatOne

Twitter seems to think he might be the fifth receiving option, dunno if he'll get enough touches to put up big numbers.

I dunno who this is.

No way he's going to be a fifth option. At worst he will be the fourth option. Pats are going to scheme ways to get him open no problem. They tried doing it with Chandler last year except he's pure garbage. Might not put up 1000+ yards, but something like 700-800 yards and plenty of TDs should not be out of the question. He's going to have plenty of opportunities in this offense. He's also a nice addition in the red area. Him and Gronk are going to be great in terms of blocking and receiving.

I could sit here and tell you about the adjustments Juve made going from a 4-3-3 to a 4-5-1 (rombo) once they had the lead. But it's easier to tell you that they moved Manduzic to play long ball and they parked the bus = Mourinho style.

Khedira is clownshoes. If you line him up, you are playing with fire. Pep made amazing adjustments and risked everything as he usually does. If you look at the team starting the 80th minute they were playing a 3-5-2 formation which could have easily gone Juve's way if they counterattacked and actually had aim.

Juve were out on their feet by that point. You can't press like that for 90+ mins unless you're doping like Barca & co

Is he top, bottom or versatile?

Hzaxyi4.gif

Top Bottom