• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

How are Bear's fan's feeling about the Bennett trade?

I liked Bennett a lot, but I'm happy with the trade. He made it plenty clear he wasn't happy being a Bear last season. His quest for a new contract messed with his play. He gave up on routes, seemed to drop everything that came his way. Then Zach Miller outplayed him, and he became a luxury. There's no way he was going to get the contract he wanted, so I'm glad they got something out of him. The Pats seem content to let players go one and done, so it's a win win for both teams.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Florida sounds more terrible every day.

I honestly don't know what's to like.

It's 90 degrees and humid year round, it's basically one giant swamp, Florida man, awful drivers, hurricane prone, and the whole north part is just more Alabama and Georgia.

"Hey guys, let's live in a state that periodically gets a devastating hurricane every 20 years so I can rebuild my house every few decades!"

Yeah let's not.

It's 90 degrees and humid year round, it's basically one giant swamp, Florida man, awful drivers, hurricane prone, and the whole north part is just more Alabama and Georgia.

"Hey guys, let's live in a state that periodically gets a devastating hurricane every 20 years so I can rebuild my house every few decades!"

Yeah let's not.
I've never been but isn't the gulf side supposed to be pretty nice? Clear water, white sand and all that. I've been to Jacksonville, Orlando, and Miami. It's an alright state to visit but I could never live there, I hate hot and humid weather.

Cornbread78

I liked Bennett a lot, but I'm happy with the trade. He made it plenty clear he wasn't happy being a Bear last season. His quest for a new contract messed with his play. He gave up on routes, seemed to drop everything that came his way. Then Zach Miller outplayed him, and he became a luxury. There's no way he was going to get the contract he wanted, so I'm glad they got something out of him. The Pats seem content to let players go one and done, so it's a win win for both teams.

I really liked him but Zach Miller's solid play made him expendable.

I guess they could draft another tight end but supposedly it's really weak for that position.

I forgot Miller had that crazy run towards the end of the season. He had a ton of catches with a horrible Raiders team, so maybe he was getting back (healthy) to form last season.

I think it's good deal for a 4th round pick.

Yeah let's not.

If I wanted to live somewhere in the US with nice beaches and warm weather I'd pick Hawaii over Florida any day of the week.

Yeah let's not.
False

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
If I wanted to live somewhere in the US with nice beaches and warm weather I'd pick Hawaii over Florida any day of the week.

Or maybe don't get stranded on an island where everybody hates you and try Cali. Plus, while malasades > gata's life, In-and-Out > spam, eggs and rice

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Yeah let's not.

It's also America's wang.

Beach

I forgot Miller had that crazy run towards the end of the season. He had a ton of catches with a horrible Raiders team, so maybe he was getting back (healthy) to form last season.

I think it's good deal for a 4th round pick.
I think you're thinking of the other Zach Miller that played for the Raiders and won a superbowl with Seattle

Godslay

Banned
Saw this on Reddit, if it happens I think we can say that Eli is the GOAT.

Peyton plays in his 1st Super Bowl (41). One year later, Eli beats the Patriots.

Peyton plays in his 2nd Super Bowl (44). Two years later, Eli beats the Patriots.

Peyton played his 3rd Super Bowl (48). This season will be three years later. Eli gonna lead the Giants to a victory over the Patriots.

This also means Eli will also do it again in Super Bowl 54. Fours Years after Peyton's final Super Bowl.

Spinluck

Did you see it?

Florida sounds more terrible every day.

I saw a BUNCH of holes in the front yard but thought maybe a douche neighbor's dog or something was making them. Then they started to get worse and I began to notice a really deep home under the walkway to the entrance.

I saw it last night when I was walking dog.

IMG_20160317_094937_zps0zscvs2h.jpg

IMG_20160317_095015_zpspkmixact.jpg

IMG_20160317_095035_zpsodkzhfqb.jpg

IMG_20160317_095256_zpsyy0jnuy5.jpg

Dog went near hole and the ugly fucker scurried into the woods. It was kind of dark so it could've been an armadillo, but I don't think I saw a tail.

Hello darkness my old friend.

Spinluck

Yeah let's not.

Wienke pls.

Florida used to get hurricanes every year like 7-8 years ago. Hasn't really had one since. It's not nearly as bad as living in tornado prone areas and is about on par with earthquakes. The humidity is by far the worst thing, along with the critters and pest, and that isn't even a factor if you live in the city.

Unfortunately, North and some parts of Central Florida are straight hick (Ez's people, RIP). I remember taking a girl (she was Hispanic but looked white) out to a date once when I used to live in Ocala, and she said we should go to a restaurant outside of that particular area because there were KKK in that area. It really opened my eyes.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
They haven't seen the women in South Beach B^).

Tbh, the beaches in Miami suck. Sarasota is where it's at.

Anyway, I hate the beach.

Yes, I have. And Destin beaches are the best in Florida, scientifically factual fact. But even that doesn't touch the sheer majesty of Hawaii beaches.

But you don't want to live in Hawaii. It's a summer vacation spot at best.

Well...it's not like you have a better argument.
Healthcare options, schools, general infrastructure, employment options, quality of life, cities (Charleston? lol, Morgantown? lol), WVU, drugs, etc.

The only good thing about WV is the Appalachian mountains but I can get that in VA, NC, or even parts of Kentucky without having to deal with all of the above.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I've never been but isn't the gulf side supposed to be pretty nice? Clear water, white sand and all that. I've been to Jacksonville, Orlando, and Miami. It's an alright state to visit but I could never live there, I hate hot and humid weather.

Oh sure, I'd vacation there because for some reason that's where all the theme parks are located. I'd rather go to Vegas or something with the dry heat instead of fucking Florida in the middle of summer. Ideally all that shit would be somewhere like California where it's mostly temperate year round.

Hawaii is apparently kind of a shithole to live in. Everything is expensive and you get some sort of "island" syndrome. Most people who move there regret it after a while.

It's also America's wang.

It's America's appendix.

Wienke pls.

Florida used to get hurricanes every year like 7-8 years ago. Hasn't really had one since. It's not nearly as bad as living in tornado prone areas and is about on par with earthquakes. The humidity is by far the worst thing, along with the critters and pest, and that isn't even a factor if you live in the city.

Unfortunately, North and some parts of Central Florida are straight hick (Ez's people, RIP). I remember taking a girl (she was Hispanic but looked white) out to a date once when I used to live in Ocala, and she said we should go to a restaurant outside of that particular area because there were KKK in that area. It really opened my eyes.

Look, here's the cold hard truth from the rest of America. Every time a hurricane hits Florida we're sad that people die but outside that we don't really feel bad for you all. You live in the path of hurricanes and then wonder why they happen. It's like people who live in flood plains and then wonder why their house floods. I get that not everyone can afford to move but holy shit people keep moving to Florida. It's madness!

As far as the racism goes, I've also heard bad things. My best friend at UMass was Vietnamese. So he and a Puerto Rican buddy of his drove down to Florida on vacation and they said that they never got so many bad looks in their life driving through the Carolinas, Georgia, and north Florida. As the whitest person alive, I get weird looks in the Third Ward sometimes but that's like a few square miles where I can't imagine basically entire states being hostile like that. Shit's fucked up.

If watching reruns of Dog the Bounty Hunter has taught me anything, it's that Hawaii is a meth hole.

Probably Oahu. The other islands are better. I lived in Maui for half a year and there is some of that stuff going on but it wasn't that bad, definitely not enough to detract from the positives

Oh sure, I'd vacation there because for some reason that's where all the theme parks are located. I'd rather go to Vegas or something with the dry heat instead of fucking Florida in the middle of summer. Ideally all that shit would be somewhere like California where it's mostly temperate year round.

Hawaii is apparently kind of a shithole to live in. Everything is expensive and you get some sort of "island" syndrome. Most people who move there regret it after a while.

It's America's appendix.

Look, here's the cold hard truth from the rest of America. Every time a hurricane hits Florida we're sad that people die but outside that we don't really feel bad for you all. You live in the path of hurricanes and then wonder why they happen. It's like people who live in flood plains and then wonder why their house floods. I get that not everyone can afford to move but holy shit people keep moving to Florida. It's madness!

As far as the racism goes, I've also heard bad things. My best friend at UMass was Vietnamese. So he and a Puerto Rican buddy of his drove down to Florida on vacation and they said that they never got so many bad looks in their life driving through the Carolinas, Georgia, and north Florida. As the whitest person alive, I get weird looks in the Third Ward sometimes but that's like a few square miles where I can't imagine basically entire states being hostile like that. Shit's fucked up.
A hurricane hasn't hit Florida in years

Top Bottom