• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

NFL ‏@NFL 35m35 minutes ago

"I haven't even scratched what I know I can do.. Seattle kind of limited me in that defense" http://on.nfl.com/1pwdS6w

Cdwbt_TWoAAedTN.jpg:large

zZEi9yowiH5Wo.gif

squicken

Interesting, everything I hear about the Eagles in Philly is that they traded up to 8th as part of a plan to move up more, but I cant imagine them going all the way to one. Mostly though because I dont think Goff is worth trading up for. Man the QB class this year sucks compared to last year.

Really? I think they really do think there are 10 or so guys who are the elite prospects, and didn't want to barely miss out on one by staying at 13. I just want Wentz and Goof to go top 7. I kind of worry than one of those guys could fall. I'm with you. Neither guy is all that impressive to me. I liked Teddy out of college more than either of these guys

Really? I think they really do think there are 10 or so guys who are the elite prospects, and didn't want to barely miss out on one by staying at 13. I just want Wentz and Goof to go top 7. I kind of worry than one of those guys could fall. I'm with you. Neither guy is all that impressive to me. I liked Teddy out of college more than either of these guys

OMG yeah. I would take Teddy over any of the QBs in this draft no questions asked.

"Asked the health of his ribs, TE Martellus Bennett said: "I'm healthy. I prefer my ribs barbecued."

Bennett on being traded: "Just try to go where the wind blows. Be a dandelion."

Awh yiss

Best TE combo in the league.

Hindl

"Not Another Philly Sports Talk Show"

It's more than just the Eagles, but they always have Eagles segments. It's pretty funny b/c they don't hold back. They really do not like Kiko Alonso

I doubt Jack is there. Howie will probably never take a RB in the first round. I think Hargreaves would be the guy if Stanley isn't there. But McClane thinks they are going back to the Reid days of "if in doubt, take a lineman"

Yeah Jack is just a dream scenario, I know he won't be there. And I agree with RB, although a lot of people are mocking Zeke to us. I'd only want him if 5-6 other options are off the board, which I highly doubt. I think I'd rather take Hargreaves than Stanley, but I'd accept him.

squicken

Yeah Jack is just a dream scenario, I know he won't be there. And I agree with RB, although a lot of people are mocking Zeke to us. I'd only want him if 5-6 other options are off the board, which I highly doubt. I think I'd rather take Hargreaves than Stanley, but I'd accept him.

Right now, CB isn't great but it is serviceable. But as we have talked about around here, there's just no way they go into the season expecting Peters to play 16 games. I don't think they'd reach for Conklin, but I do think they'd go Stanley over Hargreaves.

But I think they'd go Bosa if he somehow falls. McClane talked about it in that podcast I mentioned. Pass rush was non-existent late in the year. Cousins just shredded them without ever getting his jersey dirty

Right now, CB isn't great but it is serviceable. But as we have talked about around here, there's just no way they go into the season expecting Peters to play 16 games. I don't think they'd reach for Conklin, but I do think they'd go Stanley over Hargreaves.

But I think they'd go Bosa if he somehow falls. McClane talked about it in that podcast I mentioned. Pass rush was non-existent late in the year. Cousins just shredded them without ever getting his jersey dirty

A big problem with the pass rush last year was Curry barely playing for whatever reason, and then them counting on the LBers to get to the pressure while the ends eat up blocks. Kendricks had a terrible year, Alonso was hurt and unproductive the whole year, Barwin had a terrible year, hell Cox was the only one to get any consistent pressure but you cant count on a 3-4 DT to be your main pressure guy.

Like I said beforeI don't mind trading our #1 this year. Get 2 of 3 first rounders in return and stock pile on OL's. #1's basically is used for QB's.

Like I said beforeI don't mind trading our #1 this year. Get 2 of 3 first rounders in return and stock pile on OL's. #1's basically is used for QB's.

Jerks! you guys should have traded out of #1 last year. Chip would still be the HC, and Howie would still be in a broom closet.

Hindl

Yeah I know, Stanley is probably the right choice, but defense is most likely going to be the strength of this team. If they can solidify it I think it would be a bigger impact than shoring up the O Line. Having a strong D can mask a weak offense.

As for Bosa, I would be alright with that, but I want to see what we look like in the 4-3 under Schwartz. I feel like pass rush was an issue with the scheme along with the weak LB play. We have great talent on the line that we were forcing to read and react instead of just attacking. Hopefully the promotion of Vinny Curry along with the 4-3 helps that out. This draft is deep at DT, and while Bosa would be tremendous, there's other people I'd rather have. I'd rather have him than Zeke though

Mindlog

I think we've officially reached total disrespect. We need a Browns Appreciation Week or something to balance the scales.
Wait till next year.
We might hit a point lower than any other time in Cleveland sports going 0-16.
10-6 Unless the Browns hire El Kapitan.
Wait till next year.
We might hit a point lower than any other time in Cleveland sports going 0-16.
[/QUOTE]"]The real tank captain.

MechDX

Proposed rule changes:
Competition Committee proposing that all chop blocks be made illegal.(True ZBS teams would be fucked)

Baltimore proposing that each team be provided with three challenges while expanding reviewable plays.

Washington proposing the elimination of overtime in preseason games (like that).

Hmmm1: #KCChiefs propose to prohibit quarterbacks from falling to the ground, getting up, and throwing a forward pass.

Panthers propose expanding intentional grounding ... In effect, to eliminate the ability of a QB to just throw it at a receiver's feet.

Ravens propose requiring receivers becoming eligible/ineligible "to wear jersey vests with numbers appropriate for their positions."(wonder who this one is aimed at?)

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
CTE is like lung cancer in the 80s. Everybody already knows what causes it but there are rich people that are spending a lot of money to make people turn their head. I mean, is anybody really shocked that running your head into hard objects over and over again will lead to brain damage?

Fox318

CTE is like lung cancer in the 80s. Everybody already knows what causes it but there are rich people that are spending a lot of money to make people turn their head. I mean, is anybody really shocked that running your head into hard objects over and over again will lead to brain damage?

I think people are starting to understand that it isn't the big hits but the smaller hits that happen over and over again.

Draxal

CTE is definite in Boxing, Rugby, NFL, and the NHL, but it's more tertiary physical sports like soccer (headers, incidental contact while diving), were they needs to be more studies. There's some correlation in soccer already, but it's very much in its infancy right now.

Top Bottom