• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Or maybe don't get stranded on an island where everybody hates you and try Cali. Plus, while malasades > gata's life, In-and-Out > spam, eggs and rice

I ordered the egg meat rice plate from a Hawaiian place in SF one night when I was really drunk, but once they brought it out and I actually saw it I couldnt eat it.

Tom Nook

Hopefully with this new Apocalypse trailer Psylocke won't get any focus and just stay in the background.

Kvm4dq.gif

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Either the Raiders are going to the Super Bowl or they're this year's offseason champs. There is no middle ground with the team they assembled. 2011 Eagles hold the crown. Can the 2016 Raiders snatch defeat from the jaws of victory? Tune in to find out!

Hindl

Either the Raiders are going to the Super Bowl or they're this year's offseason champs. There is no middle ground with the team they assembled. 2011 Eagles hold the crown. Can the 2016 Raiders snatch defeat from the jaws of victory? Tune in to find out!

Eh, 2011 Eagles was the last gasp of a dying regime trying to make one last run. This is first year in a while the Raiders look to be really competitive, and even if nothing works out they'll still have their young core to develop for several years. This looks less like a Super Bowl run and more like getting in veteran presences to fill the holes while rookies learn the ropes.

Tom Nook

With these signings, I expect the Raiders to do really well this season. The division looks to be 50/50 between the chiefs and raiders.

Broncos with their QB mess and Chargers being...Chargers.

Godslay

Banned

They'll probably be in the 9-7/10-6 realm. Wildcard probably.

I think their inexperience will show in the playoffs and they'll get bounced. It's the next logical step for them, and an improvement I'm sure Raiders fans would be happy with.

Not a wildly bold prediction, but they've done the right things to build that team thus far. Still some issues, but nothing too glaring yet.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Eh, 2011 Eagles was the last gasp of a dying regime trying to make one last run. This is first year in a while the Raiders look to be really competitive, and even if nothing works out they'll still have their young core to develop for several years. This looks less like a Super Bowl run and more like getting in veteran presences to fill the holes while rookies learn the ropes.

That's kind of how all Super Bowl teams work though. Veterans at key skill positions and young talent to go the distance. Broncos and Carolina both fit that to a T. I feel like the Raiders are going deep, but I mean, they're the Raiders. Chances are something with go wrong.

They'll probably be in the 9-7/10-6 realm. Wildcard probably.

I think their inexperience will show in the playoffs and they'll get bounced. It's the next logical step for them, and an improvement I'm sure Raiders fans would be happy with.

Not a wildly bold prediction, but they've done the right things to build that team thus far. Still some issues, but nothing too glaring yet.

Raiders reminds me of the Golden States Warriors ...it still to come if Raiders will become a powerhouse like the dubs are right now, but they all started with young core with a sprinkle of veteran presence, just need time to mesh

Raiders reminds me of the Golden States Warriors ...it still to come if Raiders will become a powerhouse like the dubs are right now, but they all started with young core with a sprinkle of veteran presence, just need time to mesh
Weird analogy. Basketball is more of a superstar sport and Steph Curry is on pace to become one of the greatest of all time. Mack and Carr are the young stars for the Raiders but neither is even approaching that tier of greatness or influence.

Hindl

That's kind of how all Super Bowl teams work though. Veterans at key skill positions and young talent to go the distance. Broncos and Carolina both fit that to a T. I feel like the Raiders are going deep, but I mean, they're the Raiders. Chances are something with go wrong.

Yeah I guess I was just talking about comparing them to the 2011 Eagles. The Eagles basically had one last shot and decided to go all in and it blew up. This is most likely year 1 of many of them being competitive. The basic FA spending spree is the same, but the Raiders have a bright future even if most of their FA signing bust this year, unlike the 2011 Eagles.

Godslay

Banned

Maybe.

I just think that in the NFL the way it's set up and the wear and tear prevents teams from being perennially great. Careers and windows are short. If you have a great coach or a great QB, that window extends considerably.

The main block that I see potentially standing in the Raiders way isn't necessarily the talent or the FO anymore. I think it will be Del Rio. I think he's a decent HC, but I feel that eventually he'll limit them.

Who knows though, he might have improved and learned from his history in Jax.

squicken

-Jeff McClane was on a Philly podcast saying that Ronnie Stanley to the Eagles seems like fait accompli

-Buzz on Hack is that he's just too inaccurate to be a top 50 pick

-Connor Cook might not be smart enough to be an NFL QB

-Non-Eagles thought. The Bears let Marshall, Forte and Bennett got for like a ham sandwich. Not exactly DJax, Maclin and Shady, but it's close

Hindl

-Jeff McClane was on a Philly podcast saying that Ronnie Stanley to the Eagles seems like fait accompli

-Non-Eagles thought. The Bears let Marshall, Forte and Bennett got for like a ham sandwich. Not exactly DJax, Maclin and Shady, but it's close

I'd be alright with Stanley but I'd rather have Jack or hargreaves. But he's the new hot pick, along with zeke

Which podcast? I thought that I already listened to all the Eagles podcasts that there are.

I totally disagree with you about the Bears guys not being as good as the Eagles guys. Forte has been a much better RB over his career then Shady, he catches passes, he blocks, he does try to organize rape parties or stomp cops. I would also say that Marshall has been a better Wr over his career then DJax, both guys are headcases though. The only guy that is better from the Eagles is Maclin is much better then Bennett.

John Fox obviously a racist.

You are one of the good ones.

Andre Smith 1 year deal...

If the Vikings can't cobble together a decent Oline with Sullivan and Loadholt back healthy, plus adding Boone and Smith, Id be concerned.

Kalil-Boone-(Berger/Sullivan)-(Clemmings/Harris/Fusco)-(Loadholt/smith)

Lots of competition heading into camp. They need it too, Teddy had no time last year and was getting smooshed. They might even grab a lineman with their first rounder.

squicken

Which podcast? I thought that I already listened to all the Eagles podcasts that there are. .

"Not Another Philly Sports Talk Show"

It's more than just the Eagles, but they always have Eagles segments. It's pretty funny b/c they don't hold back. They really do not like Kiko Alonso

I'd be alright with Stanley but I'd rather have Jack or hargreaves. But he's the new hot pick, along with zeke

I doubt Jack is there. Howie will probably never take a RB in the first round. I think Hargreaves would be the guy if Stanley isn't there. But McClane thinks they are going back to the Reid days of "if in doubt, take a lineman"

Maybe.

I just think that in the NFL the way it's set up and the wear and tear prevents teams from being perennially great. Careers and windows are short. If you have a great coach or a great QB, that window extends considerably.

The main block that I see potentially standing in the Raiders way isn't necessarily the talent or the FO anymore. I think it will be Del Rio. I think he's a decent HC, but I feel that eventually he'll limit them.

Who knows though, he might have improved and learned from his history in Jax.

This and Bill Musgrave, but overall I agree with you. I think on paper, I think they can win the division outright assuming the Broncos don't have a big down swing.

Weird analogy. Basketball is more of a superstar sport and Steph Curry is on pace to become one of the greatest of all time. Mack and Carr are the young stars for the Raiders but neither is even approaching that tier of greatness or influence.

Well i'm using the warriors because they both play in the same city and same location, and if your a dubs fan, you should know the team was build thru the draft, ....and like i said MACK/CARR and Co. is still to be seen as mega stars but the potential is there, just like the young dubs under Mark Jackson, before Kerr took over ....

Mindlog

Anyone believe that more aggressive ejections will actually solve anything?
Under these rules Amendola still wouldn't have been ejected because of the Patriot immunity clauses.

Line_HTX

Anyone believe that more aggressive ejections will actually solve anything?
Under these rules Amendola still wouldn't have been ejected because of the Patriot immunity clauses.

Instead of two personal foul flags and you're out, they should make it three flags and you're out. Maybe add a game misconduct on top of it.

Report: One GM Believes A Team Will Trade Up To No.1 Overall For Cal QB Jared Goff

https://t.co/Ws4NesbObU
#NFL

Insane if it happens. I don't think Goff is anything special

Interesting, everything I hear about the Eagles in Philly is that they traded up to 8th as part of a plan to move up more, but I cant imagine them going all the way to one. Mostly though because I dont think Goff is worth trading up for. Man the QB class this year sucks compared to last year.

Na.. Warriors win, Raiders don't. Raiders probably be the Jazz of the Stockton/Malone era

Top Bottom