• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Cam Newton has played in more Super Bowls than the entire Browns' franchise.

Show some respect

untitled-19taos0.gif

untitled-20tdaqj.gif

untitled-1yts93.gif

Is that enough respect?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Interesting, everything I hear about the Eagles in Philly is that they traded up to 8th as part of a plan to move up more, but I cant imagine them going all the way to one. Mostly though because I dont think Goff is worth trading up for. Man the QB class this year sucks compared to last year.

B..b..but

Better than last year as a group. Goff and Wentz are equal to Mariota and Winston with quite a few high upside development guys afterwards. Better than what was behind the first two QBs last year.

Just a gut feeling but I'm thinking Wentz will go on to have a great career

CTE is like lung cancer in the 80s. Everybody already knows what causes it but there are rich people that are spending a lot of money to make people turn their head. I mean, is anybody really shocked that running your head into hard objects over and over again will lead to brain damage?

Lung cancer is the most vilified and misunderstood cancer. There's a massive stigma associated with it because of smoking, even though it isn't the only cause. It gets no research monies, kills everyone that gets it and nobody cares.

And, as you see now, everyone is crucifying football for cte, even though that isn't the only cause.

MechDX

WTF mech? You really think those guys are going to be better then Winston and Mariota?

Still not sold on either to be honest. Then again #QBLust can make a man say crazy things. Good thing I don't have to worry about that for the near future.

/puts feet on desk

But I also stated as a group this year's was better than last year's. I stand by that. And until Mariotta or Jameis shows me more they are not any better. Wentz will have the best career of all of them if he survives the Cleve.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Lung cancer is the most vilified and misunderstood cancer. There's a massive stigma associated with it because of smoking, even though it isn't the only cause. It gets no research monies, kills everyone that gets it and nobody cares.

And, as you see now, everyone is crucifying football for cte, even though that isn't the only cause.

Lol. Well, yeah, football and explosions.

Unless I misread that study they did a control group of regular folks and none of them had signs of CTE

Ah ok I hadn't read it yet, well that's good then, seems like it's far more prevalent than was previously thought. Hopefully they find some kind of cure/preventive measure or impact sports as a whole are going to suffer.

Godslay

Banned
Can you imagine Ho-Ho-Hoyer beating out Oz in TC?

Rand Getlin on Twitter: "I'm told #Texans QB Brian Hoyer loves playing for head coach Bill O'Brien and doesn't intend on leaving Houston."

This is merely a fart in the wind.

Ez used to be the #1 poster almost every week.

Doomsayer

Rand Getlin on Twitter: "I'm told #Texans QB Brian Hoyer loves playing for head coach Bill O'Brien and doesn't intend on leaving Houston."

This is merely a fart in the wind.

Ez used to be the #1 poster almost every week.

Remember when Gata was the #1 poster?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Xia, you're in the East Bay right? I've got to spend like a month in Vallejo for work. How bad is it going to suck?

Where at specifically? There are good and bad parts of the V.

Decent eats here and there, both in Vallejo itself as well as in Benicia and Napa.

Line_HTX

Doubtful that that'll be enough competition to beat him out of the starting job though.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I don't really know the area, but it's at the hospital near Dan Foley park.

Sounds like Sutter. Kaiser is near that area as well, but Sutter's the one closer to the park.

Are you commuting or getting local digs?

Anyhoo, PM me and I can answer anything you might want to know about the town as I grew up there.

Top Bottom