• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Spinluck

N64/PS felt like the last era where games had a certain magic to them. PS2/GC/Xbox/DS sort of had that going too, but I wouldn't really consider those retro yet since we still get HD remasters of some games from that time.

Now we know everything about games before they come out, and it's getting harder and harder to try new things and be fresh. I guess this where Indies shine now, but a lot of them bank off trying to capture that magic of older games.

The worst part is that I'm 99% sure that my Boston hat almost got me laid last night but I was too drunk to realize what was going down

Double fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

MechDX

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 23m23 minutes ago
#Packers and RB James Starks have agreed to terms on a contract, per source.

Seems the secret to getting signed as a free agent running back in the NFL is to be linked to the Dolphins.

V9GQYbH.gif

At least you have your panthers now..

Hungover with pink eye and vomit on the floor

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

The worst part is that I'm 99% sure that my Boston hat almost got me laid last night but I was too drunk to realize what was going down

Double fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Shouldn't have drank so much of Dad's Root Beer. :)

Pepiope

Unless Mariotta is a hall of famer Titans are fools for not taking that deal IMO
If he would've traded away Cox...he would've gotten fired a lot sooner than week 16.

Also the willingness to trade away Bradford a month after calling him the guy. I see why he lost the locker room.

Pepiope

You wouldn't have Hix either.
Hicks?

We got him round 3, but we wouldn't have Rowe, and he looks to be a pretty good CB on the outside, but he's still an if. Cox is without a doubt a generational talent who's going to dominate this league for years as long as he's healthy. Trading him by far would've been the dumbest shit Chip could have done.

Hicks?

We got him round 3, but we wouldn't have Rowe, and he looks to be a pretty good CB on the outside, but he's still an if. Cox is without a doubt a generational talent who's going to dominate this league for years as long as he's healthy. Trading him by far would've been the dumbest shit Chip could have done.

Oh wow I just assumes you got him in the first. Nice pick

I would do that trade 100 out of 100 times if I am the Eagles. MM would have been special in Chips offense. Losing Cox would suck but the Eagles are not exactly winning playoff games with him. I would trade him for a top QB in a second.

Duxxy3

Is the great law firm still around?

No, but Blount is.

He'll probably be back shortly. I don't have any confidence in Donald Brown to do anything but get cut in camp.

I was hoping for an upgrade in free agency, but it looks like they will stick with their receiving backs and find RB help in the draft.

Hindl

Oh wow I just assumes you got him in the first. Nice pick

Yeah big irony is people were pretty pissed when he got picked in the 3rd, with our lineup of Demeco, Kendricks and Alonso at LB. He turned out to be the best one. Our first was Agholor who has potential, but had an awful year last year. I think he was the worst rated WR in the league.

I would do that trade 100 out of 100 times if I am the Eagles. MM would have been special in Chips offense. Losing Cox would suck but the Eagles are not exactly winning playoff games with him. I would trade him for a top QB in a second.

That's just crazy talk

Yeah big irony is people were pretty pissed when he got picked in the 3rd, with our lineup of Demeco, Kendricks and Alonso at LB. He turned out to be the best one. Our first was Agholor who has potential, but had an awful year last year. I think he was the worst rated WR in the league.

That's just crazy talk

How is that crazy talk? QB is a much more important position then DT. Even if you say Cox is the best DT in the league would you rather have him or a guy that could wind up being the best QB in the league someday? This trade seems like a no brainer for the Eagles to me. Outside of Cox you are giving up very little and you are getting back a QB that played very well as a rookie in a bad situation, and a QB that would have been a perfect fit with the Eagles.

MechDX

Anyone see what the Eagles supposedly offered for the #1 pick last year?

15 1st
15 2nd
16 1st
Any QB on the roster
Any defender on the roster

http://phillysportsnetwork.com/2016/03/17/12325/

Wowowowowowow

Can kill a franchise long term if you miss on the QB you gave that up for. Texans giving Brock 18 mill a year for two years isn't that crazy. He is young, has experience and is ready to compete day one.

Money can be replaced , draft picks are gone forever

Hindl

How is that crazy talk? QB is a much more important position then DT. Even if you say Cox is the best DT in the league would you rather have him or a guy that could wind up being the best QB in the league someday? This trade seems like a no brainer for the Eagles to me. Outside of Cox you are giving up very little and you are getting back a QB that played very well as a rookie in a bad situation, and a QB that would have been a perfect fit with the Eagles.

There was a Super Bowl less than two months ago where a dominant defense publicly humiliated one of the best QBs in the league last year (sorry Grova). Mariota looked good this year, but Cox is in that upper tier of defensive talent, and he's been hamstrung by the 3-4 too. Even Cox for Mariota straight up I wouldn't take. Not to mention even if we did get Mariota, all those picks would prevent us from surrounding him with talent until the end of his rookie contract anyway

Can kill a franchise long term if you miss on the QB you gave that up for. Texans giving Brock 18 mill a year for two years isn't that crazy. He is young, has experience and is ready to compete day one.

Money can be replaced , draft picks are gone forever

I would much rather give all that up and get MM then just give up money and get Brock.

If two firsts, a second and a defensive player and a quarterback is "giving up very little" I don't want to know what you would consider giving up a lot.

That's assuming Mariotta is a top 5 QB long term, which isn't much more than speculation at this point.

Tennessee is looking more and more like a place 1st overall picks go to die so we may never know his true potential

Top Bottom