• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

I would do that trade 100 out of 100 times if I am the Eagles. MM would have been special in Chips offense. Losing Cox would suck but the Eagles are not exactly winning playoff games with him. I would trade him for a top QB in a second.

Two firsts, a second, and Cox for Mariota? You're becoming crazier by the day.

That's just crazy talk

tbf, we shouldn't expect someone who rates Sam Bradford to be all that sane

If two firsts, a second and a defensive player and a quarterback is "giving up very little" I don't want to know what you would consider giving up a lot.

One of those firsts in Agahlor, who someone on the last page said was the worst WR last year. Obviously he can improve but his loss is not some franchise killer, Rowe looks like he can be a solid CB, but again you can easily replace that. The only player in that trade that would be hard to replace is Cox and he is a DT. People want to over value him because he is such a good player and for some weird reason people always over value their own teams picks. I have no doubt that the Texans would have traded Watt if they could have gotten a young potential franchise QB. Guys like Watt and Cox help your team win, but they dont make your team win, definitely not like a top QB does.

MechDX

One of those firsts in Agahlor, who someone on the last page said was the worst WR last year. Obviously he can improve but his loss is not some franchise killer, Rowe looks like he can be a solid CB, but again you can easily replace that. The only player in that trade that would be hard to replace is Cox and he is a DT. People want to over value him because he is such a good player and for some weird reason people always over value their own teams picks. I have no doubt that the Texans would have traded Watt if they could have gotten a young potential franchise QB. Guys like Watt and Cox help your team win, but they dont make your team win, definitely not like a top QB does.

You are looking at it in hindsight. Algohor wasn't an impact player immediately but you didn't know that before the draft.

And no Watt would never be traded for a chance at a franchise QB. If you think that you don't know how this organization runs obviously.

Look at the picks the Rams got from Washington and what they all became as a prime example of why the risk is too high to trade up.

You are looking at it in hindsight. Algohor wasn't an impact player immediately but you didn't know that before the draft.

And no Watt would never be traded for a chance at a franchise QB. If you think that you don't know how this organization runs obviously.

Of course not. Today look back at what the Eagles would have given up the trade does not look bad at all for them.

It's easy to say that now. And even saying that, what we would have had instead of Ag may have been even worse.

It's easy to say that now. And even saying that, what we would have had instead of Ag may have been even worse.

Who did the Titans have at WR last year? I think MM's ability to scramble allows him to prolong plays and gives poor WRs extra time to get open. Losing Nelson's nonexistent production last year would not have hurt at all, obviously he can still develop going forward but the Eagles also could have targeted a WR in FA this year any way.

Bill Barnwell weighs in on the McLeod signing:

Barnwell gave the signing a C+

McLeod was previously part of St. Louis’ relatively anonymous secondary, which is suddenly blowing up to become the most expensive unit in league history (albeit scattered to the wind). The lesser of St. Louis’ two safeties alongside playmaker T.J. McDonald, McLeod was the beneficiary of a great pass rush, spending less time in coverage than the vast majority of his counterparts. The Eagles hope to continue that with Jim Schwartz around.

I'd be skeptical of defensive backs from the Rams for the same reasons I was hesitant with Janoris Jenkins. But McLeod has the speed for cover for mistakes at cornerback -- you may remember him laying out Emmanuel Sanders with a legal hit in 2014 -- and given that the Eagles are currently booked to start Eric Rowe and Leodis McKelvin, there are going to be mistakes at cornerback. At five years and $37.5 million, it's a lot to spend on a safety, especially given the fact that Philly already gave Malcolm Jenkins a four-year, $35 million deal this offseason. The Eagles are set to spend as much on safeties as anybody else in the league over the next three years, and they're doing it without a transcendent star like Earl Thomas. It remains to be seen whether that's a smart idea. At the very least, it's a better plan than hoarding resources on running backs.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Missed this from last night:

FxqWOiM.jpg

That is one sweaty man.

Beer before liquor never sicker. At least you started with liquor!!!

Why would you mix so much....

The mixing thing is a complete myth. The reason you get sick is at best because it's harder to track how much you've had if you're mixing like that. It has nothing to do with the order you drink stuff. Otherwise I would literally be sick every time I drink. I do citywide specials to start the night all of the time.

The mixing thing is a complete myth. The reason you get sick is at best because it's harder to track how much you've had if you're mixing like that. It has nothing to do with the order you drink stuff. Otherwise I would literally be sick every time I drink. I do citywide specials to start the night all of the time.

The reason may be a myth, but it certainly does lead to worse nights, as you described. I'll usually stick with beer, maybe shots and one liquor.

Yup, I mix all the time, I prevent hangovers by drinking a lot of water, I haven't had a hangover in almost 10 years.

The reason may be a myth, but it certainly does lead to worse nights, as you described. I'll usually stick with beer, maybe shots and one liquor.

That's because you don't get a PBR and a shot of Old Grand Dad for $5 like you can in half the bars in Philly.

Yup, I mix all the time, I prevent hangovers by drinking a lot of water, I haven't had a hangover in almost 10 years.

Totally. It's too the point now where I get annoyed with bars that don't automatically give you water with your beverage.

Top Bottom