• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

It's not a mass market device and was never pitched as one. These models for all companies are for early adopters who always pick up the new tech at day one. Also, I don't think anyone without a PS4 already is gonna opt to pick up one of these either, but even with the cost of peripherals, it's still much cheaper for most people to pick up a PSVR vs any other VR device when it eventually hits mass market models.

As a vita owner that still plays with their vita to this day, I definitely don't disagree with your last sentence and am still super bitter at Sony for not even attempting to appeal to the vita market anymore, but I don't think they'd drop PSVR support as quickly as they did for the Vita.

PSVR will surely be the most adopted of all VR solutions, that I agree with.

Simply put, VR is still a fad. the technology is still too limited and expensive, just as it was 30 years ago. We've finally reached an experimentation phase, where more people can actually try and use the technology, but to talk about consistent support for it? keep dreaming.

Man I am still so fucking pissed about the way 3d got killed off.

Not me. Way too much work for too little payoff IMO.

PSVR will surely be the most adopted of all VR solutions, that I agree with.

Simply put, VR is still a fad. the technology is still too limited and expensive, just as it was 30 years ago. We've finally reached an experimentation phase, where more people can actually try and use the technology, but to talk about consistent support for it? keep dreaming.

Agreed. It's hard for me to take it seriously yet, especially when it hasn't hit the market yet. Though the potential is certainly there and is much more than gimmicky things like 3D.

squicken

that GIF holy moly

I'm mainly interested in it for flight and space sims, so even if it doesn't take off mainstream I'd be fine with it being niche on PC, since those are niche genres as it is.

Speaking of, someone needs to do a proper Top Gun flight-sim game with VR support. I want to tangle with Iceman in a dogfight. Hell, reuse the DOAX volleyball engine at the same time for the obligatory volleyball matches in-between. But with more Cruise and Kilmer obviously.

I would not leave my house

effzee reminded me on Twitter that CLE offered a first for Bradford. So:

Marcus Mariotta or

Three 1s, 3rd

I'll take the picks every time

Why? I am the exact opposite. Three 1st round picks are 3 chances to draft busts. I want a guy that I am sure will be good at a position of importance. I have always felt like teams overvalued their picks way to much. There is no guarantee at all that there will be any great players left by the time the Eagles draft at any of those picks. Even if there are there is also no way to be sure that Howie would even draft them if they were available. Give me the QB who I think will be special, if I get a great QB I can cobble the rest together.

Why? I am the exact opposite. Three 1st round picks are 3 chances to draft busts. I want a guy that I am sure will be good at a position of importance. I have always felt like teams overvalued their picks way to much. There is no guarantee at all that there will be any great players left by the time the Eagles draft at any of those picks. Even if there are there is also no way to be sure that Howie would even draft them if they were available. Give me the QB who I think will be special, if I get a great QB I can cobble the rest together.

What's Roseman's track record with first round picks?

I would love for Colbert to get a deal like that. Since 2000 there is only 1 first round pick he's made that I would call a bust (jury's still out on Jarvis).

2nd round on down I would agree with you.

Why are you so convinced Mariotta won't be a bust?

I would love for Colbert to get a deal like that. Since 2000 there is only 1 first round pick he's made that I would call a bust (jury's still out on Jarvis).

2nd round on down I would agree with you.

Marcus Smith and Danny Watkins were Howie first round picks. I think his record in the first is 50/50. Though to be fair the Danny Watkins pick was supposedly made because Howard Mudd, the OL coach, banged on the table and said they had to get him.

Why are you so convinced Mariotta won't be a bust?

I just liked what I saw of him in college and last year. The Titans were not some great situation for a young guy to walk into but I thought that he handled himself well. I think he could have been really good in Chip's system.

Hindl

Marcus Smith and Danny Watkins were Howie first round picks. I think his record in the first is 50/50. Though to be fair the Danny Watkins pick was supposedly made because Howard Mudd, the OL coach, banged on the table and said they had to get him.

To be fair, the other two Howie picks were Fletcher Cox and Lane Johnson, two centerpieces of our team. In addition, he drafted Zach Ertz, Vinny Curry, Bennie Logan, and Mychal Kendricks. He hit pretty well

Colasante

Steve Belichick is the new safeties coach for the Patriots. There must always be a Belichick in Foxborough.

The former safeties coach, Brian Flores, is now the linebackers coach. He's replacing Patrick Graham, who left for the Giants this offseason. I'd thought Graham was the defensive coordinator in waiting should Matt Patricia get a head coaching job, but it seems like that's actually Flores.

To be fair, the other two Howie picks were Fletcher Cox and Lane Johnson, two centerpieces of our team. In addition, he drafted Zach Ertz, Vinny Curry, Bennie Logan, and Mychal Kendricks. He hit pretty well

Not sure I would use any of those guys as proof of drafting well. Ertz hopefully will finally have a breakout year this year, but he has been okay so far. Curry has been under used but also only had 2 sacks last year. Logan is a solid DT but he hasnt been anything great so far, and Kendricks had a really down year last year. I definitely feel like the draft is somewhere that he really needs to improve going forward.

CollegeFootball 24/7 ‏@NFL_CFB
Browns QB coach Pep Hamilton now watering balls for Jared Goff to throw.
Party! https://soundcloud.com/chase_frederick/wallpaper-1234-bms-soundtrack
Michael Silver ‏ @ MikeSilver 12m 12 minutes ago
We'll talk to Browns coach Hue Jackson live from @ CalFootball Pro Day on @ nflnetwork next...

Tony Grossi ‏ @ TonyGrossi 8m 8 minutes ago
Hue Jackson on Jared Goff on @ nflnetwork: He's a tremendous young man, has a lot of poise, accuracy, can throw the ball with anybody.

Hue jackson on face of the franchise angle: At end of the day, it really comes down to your gut & what you feel inside. You trust yourself.

Daryl Ruiter ‏ @ RuiterWrongFAN 8m 8 minutes ago
"That's not the case at all...I'm proud of the direction & things were doing" - Jackson on notion # Browns won't win a game this season

Tony Grossi ‏ @ TonyGrossi 7m 7 minutes ago
Hue Jackson on # Browns: I'm very proud of the direction and the things we're doing. I know exactly where we're headed.

"I can't wait for everyone to jump on the bandwagon when things get good..." - Jackson on @ nflnetwork

Mary Kay Cabot ‏ @ MaryKayCabot 8m 8 minutes ago
. @ MikeSilver says # Browns coach Hue Jackson came close to getting the Cal head coaching job before Goff's freshman year there.

Hue jackson on the No. 2 pick: It may be a quarterback and it also may not be.

Hue Jackson on losing UFAs: You want to keep them all. Sometimes it doesn't work that way.

Mary Kay Cabot ‏ @ MaryKayCabot 8m 8 minutes ago
# Browns Hue Jackson on losing FAs:'You want to keep 'em all, but it doesn't work that way.' Says joined at hip w/Sashi Brown etc on approach

"we're moving forward; they've chosen a different route and we have too" - Jackson on free agents bolting # Browns

Hue Jackson: We also know it's a process and it's going to take time to get to where we want to be.

Hindl

Not sure I would use any of those guys as proof of drafting well. Ertz hopefully will finally have a breakout year this year, but he has been okay so far. Curry has been under used but also only had 2 sacks last year. Logan is a solid DT but he hasnt been anything great so far, and Kendricks had a really down year last year. I definitely feel like the draft is somewhere that he really needs to improve going forward.

Ertz had a slow start, like the rest of the offense, but had a pretty good year. In most stats outside of touchdowns, he ranked around the 6th-7th best TE in the league. Additionally, Pederson's offense leans on the TE, so I expect him to do better, and he's shown progress every year. Curry isn't a good fit for a 3-4, and even with him playing 50% of snaps was a great pass rusher. He didn't have the sacks this year but he generated pressure well. As for Logan, I'm not sure what you were watching, he became a great run stuffer. He was playing injured toward the end of the year and had to be put on IR, but he graded out very well during the season, and this is a deep draft at DT to draft a rotational guy to help him out. I'll agree with Kendricks, but that's part of the reason I want to target Myles Jack if he falls.

I just don't think Howie has been the horrible talent evaluator you make him out to be. He has his hits and misses, and he's brought in good talent in FA.

Nick Eatman ‏@nickeatman 8m8 minutes ago
Cowboys expected to host Redskins RB Alfred Morris on Monday
Eww. Got worse with every season. Dreams of trading down and getting Zeke are dying. Why Jerry, why?

No offense but those are just words.

How many people are actually clamoring for VR? Fanboys and techies will buy this because they always buy stuff like this, but it just is not a mass market device, and won't be at those prices. Just like all peripherals, adoption will dictate support, and with a cost of entry of $880 (Console, VR, camera, Move controller). I wouldn't hold my breath for 3rd parties scrambling to develop titles, and Sony themselves have proven time and again that they are quick to drop support for something if it doesn't make money.

I don't say this often when it comes to our gaming opinions but I actually agree.

I'm getting a PSVR and I'm highly interested but I'm exactly the type of techie that dives into technology when available. That said, its not at a mass market price point to make it enticing to your typical gamer out there. It is very much a curiosity that will take time to cultivate into anything worthwhile novelty aside.

My hope is that it moves on from curiosity to integral if the /right/ experiences are made for it. That's part of the problem with gimmicky shit be it the Wii controller, Kinect, etc, in the gaming space. None have proven themselves WORTH their existence outside of the "fad" or curiosity phase. It always comes back to traditional experiences simply because the technology in question simply doesn't work well enough or the experiences aren't good enough to justify the cost.

as much shit people talk about the Browns, they had to clean house with all the bad contracts, ....they be arite, just look at the Raiders, only a few years ago people was saying the same shit, but things are looking up ....Hue a good coach too

Pepiope

Two firsts, a second, and Cox for Mariota? You're becoming crazier by the day.
You're forgetting Sammy B would go in that deal too, Which cost us a 2nd + Foles a month prior.

Potential franchise QB in Bradford, once in a lifetime talent in Cox, 2 firsts, and a 2nd for MM? Reid may have saved the franchise by telling TEN to keep the pick.

Top Bottom