• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Man all these sites saying Zeke is a lock for the top 10, it seems like his market might be drying up.

I still worry that the Eagles take him

Personally I'd breathe a welcome sigh of relief of Zeke avoids the Eagles and Giants. Think he'd be menace for years, personally.

1) No thanks.

2) We'd need to trade down from 4 to get him?

Is my sarcasm meter broken?

I've read speculation that the Giants or Eagles will take him...

I just think we picked a bad year to go 4-12. None of the top guys really wow me this year. Would love to trade back a few spots. Get some value and save some bucks on the contract.

I was in Las Vegas in November! It's a interesting place, but don't think I'd ever want to live there

Neither would I! :(

You're forgetting Sammy B would go in that deal too, Which cost us a 2nd + Foles a month prior.

Potential franchise QB in Bradford, once in a lifetime talent in Cox, 2 firsts, and a 2nd for MM? Reid may have saved the franchise by telling TEN to keep the pick.

What the fuck are you talking about?

When Darren McFadden can deliver a 1000 yard season without Tony Romo, I don't see any urgency at running back for the Cowboys right now.

Our Offense is a championship offense. Our defense is not. Pretty simple math here.

Hindl

No thanks.

I've read speculation that the Giants or Eagles will take him...

You'd be able to gain more picks trading down, and Zeke with that O Line would dominate the NFC East, especially given the state it's in. This class is deep on DL. If Ramsey is there at 4, grab him, but I think Zeke wouldn't be a terrible pick for the Cowboys.

Similarly, I could see a scenario where the Eagles grab Zeke, but there would need to be a lot of caveats before that happens

I feel bad for Hue. I've wanted him to get another HC shot for awhile but unfortunately he's in one of the worst possible gigs. They'll draft a new QB, suck this season, suck next season, and he'll likely be on the chopping block to be fired.

You'd be able to gain more picks trading down, and Zeke with that O Line would dominate the NFC East, especially given the state it's in. This class is deep on DL. If Ramsey is there at 4, grab him, but I think Zeke wouldn't be a terrible pick for the Cowboys.

Similarly, I could see a scenario where the Eagles grab Zeke, but there would need to be a lot of caveats before that happens

We already dominate the NFC East with our O-Line. It's our defense that needs help. We barely had any pressure on the QB last year.

Browns so thirsty for a QB they're watering Goff's balls.

Jared Goff apparently has the smallest hands in this draft's QB class (smaller than Alex Smith's)...Hue is apparently a fan of QB's with big...hands...

Jackson said hand size -- a trait that draws a lot of attention when it comes to QBs -- does indeed matter for signal-callers, citing the rainy, snowy weather that QBs will encounter when playing in the AFC North.

I don't say this often when it comes to our gaming opinions but I actually agree.

I'm getting a PSVR and I'm highly interested but I'm exactly the type of techie that dives into technology when available. That said, its not at a mass market price point to make it enticing to your typical gamer out there. It is very much a curiosity that will take time to cultivate into anything worthwhile novelty aside.

My hope is that it moves on from curiosity to integral if the /right/ experiences are made for it. That's part of the problem with gimmicky shit be it the Wii controller, Kinect, etc, in the gaming space. None have proven themselves WORTH their existence outside of the "fad" or curiosity phase. It always comes back to traditional experiences simply because the technology in question simply doesn't work well enough or the experiences aren't good enough to justify the cost.

If you don't think the Wii was justified by Wii Sports alone then the bar for PSVR has been set impossibly high. IMO Nintendo did it with Wii Sports but never managed to sustain that momentum, and Kinect was a solution without a problem that never amounted to anything. If Sony manages to crank out one game that acts as a proof of concept then the endeavour would be a success.

VR will get to a point in which the market adopts it, and it will get there due to efforts like this that enhance the scope of capability and skilled hands working with it. In that way I think it will be a success, so that's something.

When Darren McFadden can deliver a 1000 yard season without Tony Romo, I don't see any urgency at running back for the Cowboys right now.

Our Offense is a championship offense. Our defense is not. Pretty simple math here.

McFadden was awful in our zone blocking scheme. Had to basically switch to man blocking just to accommodate his useless ass. And he had like what only three TDs all season. Getting an actually good running back would make more difference than any one guy they could get on the defensive side of the ball.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm already on page 10 of names in my disrespect notebook.

AFC North-GAF is exempt because they are supposed to hate.

I'm already on page 10 of names in my disrespect notebook.

AFC North-GAF is exempt because they are supposed to hate.

Man you think the disrespect has been bad so far, wait until the Browns go 0-16 this year. You are going to need a phone book to hold all the names.

If you don't think the Wii was justified by Wii Sports alone then the bar for PSVR has been set impossibly high. IMO Nintendo did it with Wii Sports but never managed to sustain that momentum, and Kinect was a solution without a problem that never amounted to anything.
Sustainability was primarily my point. There's no doubt Nintendo tapped into the mass market with Wii Sports but one game does not justify the existence of a gimmick for me. Avatar is /fantastic/ in 3D. It's one of the few films that I think is worth watching in 3D. That doesn't justify 3D as a format when most of the experiences are shit. The device itself has to lead to a sustainable string of worthwhile experiences to succeed (primarily in the gaming space).

IMO Nintendo rode Wii Sports to a very successful console whose audience disappeared come time to sell them another box.

McFadden was awful in our zone blocking scheme. Had to basically switch to man blocking just to accommodate his useless ass. And he had like what only three TDs all season. Getting an actually good running back would make more difference than any one guy could on the defensive side of the ball.

I disagree. Individually, pass rushers have more impact overall on the game than any other position besides QB.

Darren McFadden was fine, and Lance Dunbar just re-signed a few hours ago. Add Tony Romo back in the mix, and our run game is not only adequate but probably top 5 in the league. Getting the best defensive prospect we can is the right move.

Yeah Cox is really good but once in a life time is insane. Hell Jerome Brown was during my life time and was a much better player.

I think to some extent the jury is out on Cox's full potential because of the system he was in so far. I think the switch on the defense this year is going to determine just how much of a talent he has. He's obviously way more effective and comfortable shooting gaps than two-gapping and eating up blockers. I think he has WAY more ability to get at the QB than has been seen to this point, and I don't think doing that will effect his ability to play the run at all either because he's just so fast and powerful. I'm excited to see him next season.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lions GM Bob Quinn must explore other avenues as free agent OT market dries up

Detroit Lions general manager Bob Quinn promised to use all avenues for player acquisition. Good thing, because the Lions need an offensive tackle and with top target Russell Okung heading to Denver, free agency has been a bust on that front.

If the Lions are willing to pay the price, there are a couple top options who could be available in a trade. It starts with Cleveland's Joe Thomas.

Another option is Ryan Clady, who the Broncos are reportedly shopping now that they have Okung in the fold.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...nn_russell_oku.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Article goes into details about the Lions options via draft or trade like Joe Thomas or Ryan Clady. Joe Thomas would cost to much.

All right BroncosGAF what do you want for Ryan Clady? Would a 3rd rounder suffice? We have traded in the past so I think we could come to reasonable terms.

Still not happy we missed out on Okung especially based on a contract basically structured around his playing time.

I don't know much about Ravens CB Tray Walker but hope he pulls through...bad car accident

EDIT: Motorcycle. Fuck those things, took Duane Allman

I disagree. Individually, pass rushers have more impact overall on the game than any other position besides QB.

Darren McFadden was fine, and Lance Dunbar just re-signed a few hours ago. Add Tony Romo back in the mix, and our run game is not only adequate but probably top 5 in the league. Getting the best defensive prospect we can is the right move.
Where are you gonna get a pass rusher? The draft? First year pass rushers have almost no impact. Average less than three sacks in their first year. Romo only has a couple seasons left. We need to be in win now mode.

Hindl

I think to some extent the jury is out on Cox's full potential because of the system he was in so far. I think the switch on the defense this year is going to determine just how much of a talent he has. He's obviously way more effective and comfortable shooting gaps than two-gapping and eating up blockers. I think he has WAY more ability to get at the QB than has been seen to this point, and I don't think doing that will effect his ability to play the run at all either because he's just so fast and powerful. I'm excited to see him next season.

Same, he's been the best player on our team for a bit now, and he's been in a system where he can't just go after the QB. I'm going to temper expectations since he's going to be in a new system, but I'm really excited. Either he'll just dominate the line and rack up a ton of sacks/hurries/hits, or he'll require the double and possible triple teams that will allow the others on the line to excel. This could all go out the window, but I can't wait to see what he'll do

Sustainability was primarily my point. There's no doubt Nintendo tapped into the mass market with Wii Sports but one game does not justify the existence of a gimmick for me. Avatar is /fantastic/ in 3D. It's one of the few films that I think is worth watching in 3D. That doesn't justify 3D as a format when most of the experiences are shit. The device itself has to lead to a sustainable string of worthwhile experiences to succeed (primarily in the gaming space).

IMO Nintendo rode Wii Sports to a very successful console whose audience disappeared come time to sell them another box.

Agreed, however if that's the barometer that we are judging PSVR by then we may as well already call it a failure.

Instead I would rather judge a platform, no matter what is is, on a simple idea - does it have a game people want to play? While the Wii itself was a fad, Wii Sports was that proof of concept. Move and Kinect meanwhile proved themselves gimmicks that had nothing ultimately worth bothering with. I'm curious to see which side PSVR falls on.

Where are you gonna get a pass rusher? The draft? First year pass rushers have almost no impact. Average less than three sacks in their first year. Romo only has a couple seasons left. We need to be in win now mode.

Byron Jones didn't have an impact last year? He was basically our best player in the secondary.

I prefer Jalen Ramsey over Bosa but I think even he would have an immediate impact given the state of our D-Line currently. It's not all about sacks.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I completely forgot they opened a Bacon Bacon storefront around the corner from the office...burger time for lunch!

Oh yeah? How was your mom last night?

tumblr_inline_n2rgxbvW6W1swqms5.gif

Byron Jones didn't have an impact last year? He was basically our best player in the secondary.

I prefer Jalen Ramsey over Bosa but I think even he would have an immediate impact given the state of our D-Line currently. It's not all about sacks.
Byron had a good rookie season but his actual impact was taking us from an average, mediocre defense to an average, mediocre defense. RB is actually a position where rookies have no problem making big contributions right away. Zeke over McFadden is a big upgrade. Could probably get him with a trade down and pick up an extra pick or two to help shore up the defense.

Top Bottom