• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

During Ravens rookie minicamp last May, Walker told the Baltimore Sun he was dedicating his first NFL season to the memory of his father, who died in November 2014. A day after he was drafted, Walker spread his father's ashes in the waters off Miami on what would have been his dad's 54th birthday.

"This upcoming season, the whole process of right now, I dedicate that to him," Walker told the Baltimore Sun. "That's all he wanted. He just wanted the best for me and prayed to God that I would get this chance, and now I'm here."

:[

Hey fighting bros, any excitement from Final Round?

Team America beat Team Japan in the GF of the team tournament and hope for the first time bloomed that America was catching up.

Then Tokido single handedly bodied the American east coast team (which beat the west coast team) 5-0 without dropping a single round and the hope disappears as we realize the gap has only gotten bigger.

Oh and Guilty Gear had a sick GF and Tekken looks beautiful.

Team America beat Team Japan in the GF of the team tournament and hope for the first time bloomed that America was catching up.

Then Tokido single handedly bodied the American east coast team (which beat the west coast team) 5-0 without dropping a single round and the hope disappears as we realize the gap has only gotten bigger.

Thank you for the updates. Tokido used Sim?

Lmao with so much going on I forgot about this.

Looks like we bending over for a good 5 more years.

Lmao with so much going on I forgot about this.

Looks like we bending over for a good 5 more years.

America exposed themselves to the world. We got dloaded.

To be fair, some of the top American players weren't there for it. FChamp (who beat Team Japan during the main team tourney), Snake Eyez, Jwong, Ricky, etc.

It was mostly the NLBC/WNF crew like Arturo, Julio, LI Joe (who was playing with a migraine), Moons, Brent, etc. Not making excuses for anyone though. Anyone that thought that Japan wasn't ready to continue their dominance is nuts. Tokido and Fuudo are gonna be major threats and then you can never sleep on the international players like Infiltration and Poongko

Damn, just saw the news now.

RIP Tray Walker.

To be fair, some of the top American players weren't there for it. FChamp (who beat Team Japan during the main team tourney), Snake Eyez, Jwong, Ricky, etc.

It was mostly the NLBC/WNF crew like Arturo, Julio, LI Joe (who was playing with a migraine), Moons, Brent, etc. Not making excuses for anyone though. Anyone that thought that Japan wasn't ready to continue their dominance is nuts.

Interesting guess we just wait for Sunday to find out. I totally forgot FR was this weekend holy hell with Daredevil S2 coming out and Ultra what a pack weekened.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm not scared!

455622506-quarterback-matthew-stafford-of-the-detroit-gettyimages.jpg

With Matthew Stafford commandeering this young, talented Lions team and hitting that 28 year old prime QB age, Packers, Vikings and Bears fans should be.

We're coming back and taking what was once ours.

lions-championship.jpg

Ryu was also quickly dropped in 4 when Evil Ryu became a thing.

Evil Ryu didn't come out until 2010 which was 2 years after 4 came out. And even then it was Yang/Yun that took over the tier chart (God bless AE aka HK Edition) when he did come out. It wasn't until Daigo switched to Evil that everyone else switch which was probably either righter after or a little before Ultra.

I'm looking forward to the Alex news. That's if they announce it.

On another note we still have the #1 pick. Damn I hoped we have already traded it away.

Line_HTX

They're either going to announce the Alex news on Sunday or on the 31st. They're not doing well on the update front.

*Helm Breaker's sf2fanatic

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Darius Slay's arms are 32 inches.

All Pro year incoming.

Real talk with the way he's played the last two seasons, especially last year Darius Slay is a shutdown corner. He's also 6'2 compared to Hargreaves 5'11. Not saying that's all that matters but usually the great DBs are 6'1 and can hang with the 6'3 WRs. Whether it's Charles Woodson, Richard Sherman, Patrick Peterson, Josh Norman, etc. they have the height combined with the coverage ability.

Darius Slay is already in Pro Bowl form watching him last season and that's my Lions fanboyism aside. Mayhew hit a home run drafting him in the 2nd round.

On a much more serious note, RIP Tray Walker. Really depressing. =/

Happy Saturday!

tumblr_inline_n9ivg7ZBpr1s5qdww.gif

I had a great night of sleep, I'm rejuvenated and ready to get inebriated again!

DRUNK SNAPS FOR EVERYONE

(just kidding, I never want to drink alcohol ever again. Yesterday was the worst)

MechDX

NFL Philosophy ‏@NFLosophy 10h10 hours ago
I've given you guys warning that you should jump off the Wentz hype train. Leaks coming out that sounds like GMs agree with me.

NFL Philosophy ‏@NFLosophy 10h10 hours ago
@RichWkru Processes info slowly, has to see the guy open before pulling the trigger, locks onto WRs.

Uh oh.....serious or:

squicken

Hawks have the least amount of cap space in the league dedicated to the OL.

Such a strange roster strategy by Schneider. Back to back SBs so obviously it "worked", but last year it finally bit them in the butt. I don't know who sold them on the idea that Cable could take anyone and make him a solid pro, but it hasn't worked at all

e: This is very disturbing

Cd4poTEWIAI6qjV.jpg:large

Deadspin Warning

NFL to Georgia: Pass Your Anti-Gay Law and Atlanta Won't Get the Owl in 2019

Georgia House Bill 757 is a new bit of “religious freedom” legislation currently in the late stages of the approval process that would prevent the government from penalizing organizations that deny “social, educational or charitable services that violate such faith-based organization’s sincerely held religious belief.” The bill also has language that handcuffs the state government’s ability to “substantially burden a person’s exercise of religion even if the burden results from a law, rule, regulation, ordinance or resolution of general applicability.”

In practical terms, this bill would be a check on the civil rights of gay people in Georgia.
757 breezed through Goergia’s legislature, and it now sits with Governor Nathan Deal.

Deal has been public about his hesitancy to sign a bill this hateful, and he appears to be carefully weighing his options. The NFL has stepped into the fight, and they released the following statement to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution:

NFL policies emphasize tolerance and inclusiveness, and prohibit discrimination based on age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other improper standard. Whether the laws and regulations of a state and local community are consistent with these policies would be one of many factors NFL owners may use to evaluate potential Super Bowl host sites.

Atlanta’s new stadium opens in 2017, and they’ve been very vocal about wanting the Super Bowl in 2019. The NFL, for their part, has flexed their muscles like this before. They leaned on Arizona before Super Bowl XLIX in response to a similar anti-gay law, and even moved Super Bowl XXVII from Arizona to Los Angeles in 1993 because Arizona refused to recognize MLK Day.

Top Bottom