• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Why? At least he has serious talent, if he gets his giant head out of his ass, it might work.
Because I don't think he will pull his head out of his ass and I don't think there is enough talent there for him to even be successful at even if he were to fix his issues.

This might be a temp situation as BG says.. But I still don't have to like it.

smh I always knew you didn't like JFF. Now that he is off your team, your true colors show
You just want RBH to post that screenshot, don't you.

RBH

Browns Reportedly Doing Background Work On Robert Griffin III

https://t.co/Oz8ZIKYVHf
#Browns #NFL

It's happening!! You deserve this BG!

553118160.gif

smh I always knew you didn't like JFF. Now that he is off your team, your true colors show
I feel like I'm the only person that remembers he has pending domestic violence charges, but ok.
DALLAS — Dallas police said Thursday they have referred their domestic violence case against Johnny Manziel to a grand jury, which will consider whether to charge the troubled Cleveland Browns quarterback on allegations that he attacked his ex-girlfriend.

Police released a statement saying they have asked the Dallas County District Attorney’s Office to present a misdemeanor domestic violence case to the local grand jury. Such a charge carries a maximum punishment of one year in jail and a $4,000 fine.
http://nypost.com/2016/02/25/johnny-manziels-domestic-violence-case-up-to-grand-jury/

squicken

I feel like I'm the only person that remembers he has pending domestic violence charges, but ok.

I don't know what the process on that is, but it has taken forever for the grand jury to do anything. If the physical/photo evidence starts coming out about what happened then I definitely will be on your side of this

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Gerry Dulac ‏@gerrydulac 43m43 minutes ago

Colbert: "Can’t say we’ll take a cornerback first, second or third. But there are enough that we should be able to get one.”

Colbert out here tipping his hand. smh

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
hLNUHS8.png

Atlanta vs. Charlotte in the playoffs possibly?

Another opportunity to poke fun at Panthers-GAF?
ehh3.png

It would be an honour to face the Hawks in the second round of the playoffs

If the Raptors can finally get past the first round!!!!!

Take it back.

Lebron's not winning another title ever.

Kind of a shame. I've never seen a "best player in the league" have his shine and top spot straight jacked from him like Lebron had his taken by Curry.

You can't blame him for finally breaking down after playing 23523423423432 games and its certainly not his fault that the greatest team of all time just happened to spring up out of nowhere on his watch.

It is Lebron's fault that he chose to go play with mini Jamal Crawford (i.e no pass PG), engineered trading Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love, filled his roster with career bums, got the coach replaced with some motherfucker whose only claim to fame is getting stepped over by Allen Iverson fifteen years ago, and left the women, weed, and weather of South Beach to go spend his winters in that reject city. So....

rando14

Kind of a shame. I've never seen a "best player in the league" have his shine and top spot straight jacked from him like Lebron had his taken by Curry.

You can't blame him for finally breaking down after playing 23523423423432 games and its certainly not his fault that the greatest team of all time just happened to spring up out of nowhere on his watch.

It is Lebron's fault that he chose to go play with mini Jamal Crawford (i.e no pass PG), engineered trading Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love, filled his roster with career bums, got the coach replaced with some motherfucker whose only claim to fame is getting stepped over by Allen Iverson fifteen years ago, and left the women, weed, and weather of South Beach to go spend his winters in that reject city. So....

Ayyy BG got roasted like 12 times in this single post

Gb6z8VI.gif

Now this is a presidential worthy post.

squicken

How NFL Teams View 4 of the "Character Issues" Players in the Draft

Bosa

“If you spend time with him there, it’s like being around a pro player. Ohio State is bigger than the Bengals and the Browns in Ohio, and that’s a lot of temptation in college.

Other evaluators who spoke with The MMQB saw Bosa’s behavior as a trend that seems to follow Urban Meyer teams, from Gainesville to Columbus. “There seems to be some concern with a number of the guys in the Ohio State program,” one scout said. “There are some issues but nothing anybody can get absolutely confirmed.”

Noah Spence

Several mock drafts have pegged Spence as a late first-rounder, thanks in part to his 11.5 sacks in one season for the Colonels. But two evaluators who spoke with The MMQB questioned that prognosis: “I don’t hear that he’s first-round guy at all,” said one evaluator. “I hear second or third round. There are a handful of teams that won’t touch him at all.”

Another evaluator saw the incident at Eastern Kentucky as a sort of final straw: “There’s a pattern there that’s troubling. Multiple issues. For you to get dismissed at Ohio State with that talent, that’s troubling. Then you slip up at Eastern Kentucky for drinking and throwing the bottle into the street. I don’t think that maturity adjustments have been made.”

Robert Nkemdiche

“People are worried about the brother,” said one evaluator. “That’s the biggest fear. How do you say no to family? People so easily say it should be easy decision because there’s a lot of money at stake. Well, you don’t throw away 20 years of brotherhood.”

Said another scout: “The bottom line with him is people around him enabling him, not a lot of real trouble. The public opinion on him is a little harder than it should be. There’s some smoke here but no big fire.

Connor Cook

Dantonio went on to explain that his redshirt senior quarterback, who entered the 2015 season with legitimate No. 1 overall draft hopes, was actually voted one of the rotating nine captains who subbed for the main three. But that was beside the point, Dantonio said, because he never believed the captain snub would become an issue. Cook, the coach said, was the consummate leader on the field. And the coach told the room that in regards to preparation and responding to adversity, Cook was better than anyone he’d else coached at Michigan State

Nah. It isn't kind of a shame at all.

He left, got his ring, and came back believing he could get another in The City That Never Smiles. No sympathy from me. It's like fans who believe every year is the year the Cubs get that championship: at some point, you're setting yourself up for the disappointment while everyone around you tells you it's doomed.

I was going to try to use a movie comparison, but I don't think there's ever been a movie where someone escaped the apocalypse, made it back to Paradise, and was like "oh shit my friend's poodle is still there" and drives right on back to the apocalypse. And if there was, you'd bet nobody would be feeling sorry for him

Tom Penny

It's a team game. Lebron needs more help.

Lmao

Probably a bit too much truth for one post.

Top Bottom