• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
On the other hand any early positive reviews or buzz are almost immediately dismissed. Negative reviews are taken at face value.

No matter what the score is, I'll go see it. At worse I think it will be a brainless team up movie which is what Avengers was as well for me.

Early reviews and "buzz" are pr bullshit, though. That's why they're dismissed.

bionic77

One reviewer literally said that Ben Affleck is the worst incarnation of Batman on the big screen ever.

A reviewer said that in a world where Batman and Robin exists.

Let that sink in.
Worse than Batman and Robin?

That sounds like bullshit. This coming from someone who thought this movie looked like crap from the first trailer.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The whole "two personal fouls = ejection" proposal seems dead in the water

Personal fouls encompass quite a few penalties so I'd hate to see that. A defensive player could get hands to the face and a late hit on the QB and be ejected? Crazy.

Automatic rulings on the whole is ridiculous. Just have the league office make the call down to the officials when to eject a player.

Lol, my brother has been bitching to see batman for a month and preordered tickets. I had a feeling it was gonna suck since DC is playing catchup to Marvel with their whole cinematic universe thing.

Lol, my brother has been bitching to see batman for a month and preordered tickets. I had a feeling it was gonna suck since DC is playing catchup to Marvel with their whole cinematic universe thing.

They could have made it so good if they had just waited, gotta have at least one or two movies to set up the relationship between Batman and Superman before having them face off against each other.

That shit needs to be a huge event, but they've rushed it and crammed three movies worth of stuff into one without setting any of it up.

They could have made it so good if they had just waited, gotta have at least one or two movies to set up the relationship between Batman and Superman before having them face off against each other.

That shit needs to be a huge event, but they've rushed it and crammed three movies worth of stuff into one without setting any of it up.
Yep, agree. I was expecting a man of steel 2 not a batman vs superman movie. I immediately felt it was gonna suck when announced. Super skeptical of the trailers when they released too.

I'm so happy about these BVS reviews. I didn't want it to be a case of "everyone thought it looked like shit from the terrible trailers BUT REALLY IT WAS GOOD ALL ALONG".

Line_HTX

Personal fouls encompass quite a few penalties so I'd hate to see that. A defensive player could get hands to the face and a late hit on the QB and be ejected? Crazy.

Automatic rulings on the whole is ridiculous. Just have the league office make the call down to the officials when to eject a player.

You know there has been and will be another game where they'll call BS personal fouls on Watt.

effzee

Early reviews and "buzz" are pr bullshit, though. That's why they're dismissed.

I'm talking about actual reviews from real publications. The rule with gaf is if the reviews are positive, then be careful it's the studio somehow. Same reviewer or publication gives negative reviews then it's "I always knew it would be trash!".

If early buzz is trash, studios try to bury reviews until after the premiere or opening weekend.

I've always railed against this concept. If the movie sucks then it sucks. Not cause it didn't follow some golden rule of Marvel's movies. It's as if Marvel invented superhero movies or superhero movies with multiple characters.

You don't need 10 origins movies with after credit scene after scene to set up a team movie.

I'm so happy about these BVS reviews. I didn't want it to be a case of "everyone thought it looked like shit from the terrible trailers BUT REALLY IT WAS GOOD ALL ALONG".

You wanted it to be bad?

I'm talking about actual reviews from real publications. The rule with gaf is if the reviews are positive, then be careful it's the studio somehow. Same reviewer or publication gives negative reviews then it's "I always knew it would be trash!".

If early buzz is trash, studios try to bury reviews until after the premiere or opening weekend.

I've always railed against this concept. If the movie sucks then it sucks. Not cause it didn't follow some golden rule of Marvel's movies. It's as if Marvel invented superhero movies or superhero movies with multiple characters.

You don't need 10 origins movies with after credit scene after scene to set up a team movie.

You wanted it to be bad?

I wanted the trailer to not be misleading.

Man of Steel's trailer was good, and also a fucking lie. Genuinely one of the worst movies I've ever seen in a theater, and I can't think of a worse comic film I have seen in theaters.

This looked bad, has a bunch of bad trailers, is reviewing bad, and is likely bad. I like it when stuff's upfront like that. I wasn't planning on seeing it when I found out 1) it was Man of Steel 2 and 2) Snyder was involved, and I'm glad I was spared because of consistent bad evidence.

Slo

I wanted the trailer to not be misleading.

Man of Steel's trailer was good, and also a fucking lie. Genuinely one of the worst movies I've ever seen in a theater, and I can't think of a worse comic film I have seen in theaters.

This looked bad, has a bunch of bad trailers, is reviewing bad, and is likely bad. I like it when stuff's upfront like that. I wasn't planning on seeing it when I found out 1) it was Man of Steel 2 and 2) Snyder was involved, and I'm glad I was spared because of consistent bad evidence.

That's one of the most strange stances I've ever read on the Internet. You don't want it to be good, but you also aren't hoping for it to fail. You're just hoping for consistency between the trailer and the final product?

WTF

Snyder and Shymalan might be my least favorite directors. Started off with one great major film each (Dawn of the Dead and Sixth Sense), then everything else was rock bottom down a hill.

Dawn of the Dead hurts so much. What could have been :'[

MechDX

Amazing stat:
Alex Gelhar ‏@AlexGelhar 5h5 hours ago
It's J.J. Watt's 27th birthday today and GOOD GOD has he dominated since 2012 (h/t @NFL research team):

CeL12fzUEAABVqc.jpg:large

Hey you old farts I have a serious question. So for those of you who are in your late 20's and or 30's and went back to school. How did it work out or is working out for ya?

I'm thinking about it. Just felt like I've hit a wall and the only way to jump up to the next level is go back. People tell me that since I have no family/kids to worry about it is a no brainer, and I should be pushing the highest education that I can.

MechDX

Hey you old farts I have a serious question. So for those of you who are in your late 20's and or 30's and went back to school. How did it work out or is working out for ya?

I'm thinking about it. Just felt like I've hit a wall and the only way to jump up to the next level is go back. People tell me that since I have no family/kids to worry about it is a no brainer, and I should be pushing the highest education that I can.

Go for it. If I didnt have the kids I probably would as well.

Line_HTX

If you don't have any major responsibilities to worry about, then it'll probably better for you to step back in order to make the next step, if that makes any sense. I kind of screwed up in my decision making, so it kind of took longer for me to finish. I'm almost there though, so I'm doing the best I can.

32...going through it now...sometimes I feel like quitting or that I won't be able to finish but for the most part I've handled it pretty well, already finished 2 and a half years with 3.7 gpa and I work full time so it's certainly possible but be ready to give up just about everything else in your life (if you're working) I've had very little in terms of social life/leisure time when in school and I go to school during summer too (skip winter) but like you I got tired of the same job. I've been in finance for over 10 years and I'm done with the corporate world so that's why I decided to go back to school, honestly I wish I would have done it sooner but it's never too late, go for it bro.

Top Bottom