• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Fantomex

Perfect gif of Nintendo Fans right now
a407e907194fe72506e63cdd02ddeb16.gif

Sat here at a wedding holding a baby and I'm creasing up at internet sleuths trying to identify individual trees. What the fuck? Not enough :jncs in the world

Fantomex

Sat here at a wedding holding a baby and I'm creasing up at internet sleuths trying to identify individual trees. What the fuck? Not enough :jncs in the world

The crazy thing is, they are going ultra detailed like "What if the trees already grew? When was that google map photo taken? Has the winter solstice happened yet?"

I'm just baffled at how Nintendo still doesn't seem to understand why the Wii U failed......and how they think having another console with an expensive controller (this won't be cheap.) is the right direction.

Syrinx

It does looks similar... and that's not a good thing

Sometimes I feel like the R&D at Nintendo is trying to make the most "different" thing they can, rather than something functional and good. Fishing for that Wii level success again
That's the thing. It needs to serve an actual purpose here. It opens the door for malleable button setups and whatnot which is cool I guess, but the thing is that it seems like for third parties, the less work they have to do in porting a game from one platform to another, the better, and designing your own control layout is work.

Whatever, Nintendo should start talking about this thing ASAP, because the longer they wait, the less they can control their message, and the more misinformation is going to spread like wildfire.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I am still skeptical about a Nintendo leak.

I don't remember anything like that ever happening before.

Well I kinda believe it because, as another poster in that thread said, it's so Nintendo it hurts. They would totally release some bullshit controller in an effort to swing for the fences.

gutshot

Is there a reason Nintendo won't just release a normal controller and console like everyone else? I think most people would love to get a Nintendo console that includes all their amazing 1st party stuff while still having access to most of the major 3rd party games.

I really have to wonder if Nintendo bothers with any focus group testing when it comes to their consoles, since its quite obvious that never happened with the Wii U and it looks like the NX is the same.

Draxal

Is there a reason Nintendo won't just release a normal controller and console like everyone else? I think most people would love to get a Nintendo console that includes all their amazing 1st party stuff while still having access to most of the major 3rd party games.

They just can't compete with Sony and Microsoft as consoles are loss leaders for them that they make up in other methods.

Nintendo usually goes for a. gimmick or b. low cost. They really should be going for b.

I just want Nintendo to go third party. I would have purchased multiple Nintendo games if I didn't have to purchase a Wii U.

Maybe their Mobil/Cellphones games will be good, but I am far past buying hardware from them.

Last console I bought was the GameCube. And that's because it was 99 bucks!

lol same

yup if they'd just release a cheaper console I'd buy it as a secondary one just for their games just like I did with the GC, by the time it's really cheap I've moved on to the newer consoles and don't care to pick up their system anymore.

Tom Penny

I think Nintendo is gravitating toward getting out of the console space and just take over the phone games space and handheld. They would do great. They really should just make games. Theyd make a killing.

MechDX

#Innovation

bionic77

Well I kinda believe it because, as another poster in that thread said, it's so Nintendo it hurts. They would totally release some bullshit controller in an effort to swing for the fences.
The whacky controller is 100% believable. I also hate the idea of no buttons. Fuuuuuuuuuck that. I played with Apples shit with really nice haptic feedback and it is not the same as a nice, juicy console button. And I am sure Nintendo's solution would be a lot more ghetto and less precise.

The fact that something this big leaked out of Nintendo is what I have a hard time believing. Definitely a first time for everything but nothing big ever seems to leak from them.

bionic77

What's with the Trees and ppl trying to find the building? Is the person who posted that in physical danger ? Haha
You know how like Brown fans read press releases from the organization or news stories and read over every single word with a magnifying glass trying to take something positive from it?

Thats probably how Nintendo fans feel about a leak that their next console won't have any buttons.

Let them have their trees. We let you have Johnny for several months before we moved in on your corner...

Hindl

The whacky controller is 100% believable. I also hate the idea of no buttons. Fuuuuuuuuuck that. I played with Apples shit with really nice haptic feedback and it is not the same as a nice, juicy console button. And I am sure Nintendo's solution would be a lot more ghetto and less precise.

The fact that something this big leaked out of Nintendo is what I have a hard time believing. Definitely a first time for everything but nothing big ever seems to leak from them.

They've had quite a few leaks the past few months actually. The new Pokemon games and their logos and the entire 3DS lineup for 2016 leaked last month

You know how like Brown fans read press releases from the organization or news stories and read over every single word with a magnifying glass trying to take something positive from it?

Thats probably how Nintendo fans feel about a leak that their next console won't have any buttons.

Let them have their trees. We let you have Johnny for several months before we moved in on your corner...
tumblr_mt4w47T6v71s6pzz9o1_r1_250.gif

bionic77

They've had quite a few leaks the past few months actually. The new Pokemon games and their logos and the entire 3DS lineup for 2016 leaked last month
I have seen leaks like that, usually from a retailer or some GameStop employee.

But the fucking controller or a picture of the system before one of their reveals? I don't remember anything like that before for Nintendo. I do remember rumors but not an actual photo.

I have seen leaks like that, usually from a retailer or some GameStop employee.

But the fucking controller or a picture of the system before one of their reveals? I don't remember anything like that before for Nintendo. I do remember rumors but not an actual photo.

It's close to E3 time. Something was going to leak eventually, and there's been way too much talk about the NX for the last 7 or so months for it all to be an illusion anyway

I don't want Nintendo to end, yo :(

bionic77

It's close to E3 time. Something was going to leak eventually, and there's been way too much talk about the NX for the last 7 or so months for it all to be an illusion anyway

I don't want Nintendo to end, yo :(
Neither do I but it is pretty fucking hard to spin a buttonless controller for a Nintendo console.

I liken it to trying to convince people that the Patriots and Tom Brady and not a pack of cheating cunts.

This sucks. My day was already shit and now this Sam news just has me bummed

I'm really never going to get to see an openly gay NFL player start in my lifetime

Top Bottom