• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Hindl

This reminds me of the time we added the other Steve Smith. Hopefully this works out better than that did.

I have a few friends who are Giants fans, they didn't have great things to say about him. Just kinda seems like a camp body to be honest, maybe a 5th WR. Don't expect anything

No one ever invited me. Who do you think gave bread the download codes?

I have both Vegas games
Sweet, we'll have to set up a game sometime. How's terrorist hunt on siege? Do they use more of the map or is it still just the one building?

booban tell your bro that i won't be able to play madden for a week i've got family here

OK. We've got guests over from the states for the next couple of weeks as well so we're going to be busy as well.

MechDX

Sweet, we'll have to set up a game sometime. How's terrorist hunt on siege? Do they use more of the map or is it still just the one building?

OK. We've got guests over from the states for the next couple of weeks as well so we're going to be busy as well.

The whole map. I play more Vs. Modes since you earn more points in that to purchase character upgrades

The whole map. I play more Vs. Modes since you earn more points in that to purchase character upgrades

Aww yes. Didn't like how you'd run across half the map but the enemies were always confined to the one building or house. It's not t-hunt unless you're running around like a mad man trying to find that last enemy before time runs out.

arj3tPP.gif

I wonder were Nintendo would be if they didn't hit on Wii which let them afford to fuck up things..
DS, Wii, 3DS was a pretty solid run.

But holy shit, they might actually be a novelty toy company in 5 years.

On the plus(?) side, gonna be some excellent opportunities to short Nintendo stock in the near future.

The Rams are one of the last teams I wanted to see on Hand Knocks, they re just so......dull. It's fitting though, it's all about Rams ownership building the brand while not giving a fuck about the product on the field

DS, Wii, 3DS was a pretty solid run.

But holy shit, they might actually be a novelty toy company in 5 years.

On the plus(?) side, gonna be some excellent opportunities to short Nintendo stock in the near future.

Prior to this leaking I never would of considered the idea of Nintendo going 3rd party, even after the fucking Wii U. But unless there something about this new console that we just aren't getting (which is quite possible), it's becoming more and more likely that Nintendo consoles will cease to exist. There's something going wrong with Ninty's R&D side, since their software development has been on point generally since the Wii/DS generation.

Prior to this leaking I never would of considered the idea of Nintendo going 3rd party, even after the fucking Wii U. But unless there something about this new console that we just aren't getting (which is quite possible), it's becoming more and more likely that Nintendo consoles will cease to exist. There's something going wrong with Ninty's R&D side, since their software development has been on point generally since the Wii/DS generation.
Would be fun for a couple of years. The problem is, "3rd party Nintendo" is a direct path to "hollowed out zombie Nintendo that releases shitty versions of their most popular IP yearly while letting 90% of their devs go and having the remainder make bad cell phone games."

i.e, Sega. Can't take risks on 4 year dev cycles to come up with a crazy new concept when you don't have the hardware publishing fees to lean on.

At least we'll get at least one more legit 3D Zelda game (2 if they're able to crank one out whenever they go 3rd party) before the company goes tits up. Woohoo?

Would be fun for a couple of years. The problem is, "3rd party Nintendo" is a direct path to "hollowed out zombie Nintendo that releases shitty versions of their most popular IP yearly while letting 90% of their devs go and having the remainder make bad cell phone games."

i.e, Sega.

Stop rubbing salt in my wounds! *snuggles his plugged in Dreamcast*
I can't say for sure if Nintendo would go that path, because they are Nintendo. A company that almost always tends to fight against logical choices, for better or worse.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

i.e, Sega.

Yeah I don't see the quality or the quantity continuing if they went third party. They'll get far less revenue per unit sold and they'd be missing out on all that licensing money from having their own hardware.

I think they're mostly out of ideas for new and innovative ways to play video games using low cost technology. With a bigger budget, they can do all kinds of stuff but they no doubt want to go cheap with this stuff. Stuff like VR and those crazy tactile feedback controls don't exactly cost a dollar...

Stop rubbing salt in my wounds! *snuggles his plugged in Dreamcast*
I can't say for sure if Nintendo would go that path, because they are Nintendo. A company that almost always tends to fight against logical choices, for better or worse.
It's just hard to imagine them doing away with physical face buttons if Iwata/Miyamoto were still running the show. Miyamoto was kicked back down to a developer role a few years back (presumably due to Wii U?), and Iwata is now helping God get an extra Earth to fit on the same cartridge.

Trying to copy tablets and phones with haptic touch (when you're guaranteed to lose on price) + sprinting away from homogenous platforms (when your competitors are sprinting towards that, and you've already been struggling to draw any 3rd party support for years due to simple architectural differences) == ... this is not a company that has competent leadership and vision at the top.

I like Nintendo doing well as a company because it allows their devs (some of the best in the business) to propose risks and get funding to take them. Those days look numbered.

I feel like the game industry isn't what I remember it. Even my friend over the weekend was just talking about jumping from the new "it" game to the next. I think the focus on multiplayer has created a sort of clustering effect. I've only ever really care about multiplayer in a very select few games.

Jcdxigp.gif

This is what some people are hoping that Nintendo is going to do

These people are going to be so sorely disappointed...

People on this forum shit on Wii so fucking hard before it came out. I'm not writing anything off. The disconnect from regular things here is vast.

MRSA happy your ok, get yourself some Popeyes and beer.
Jcdxigp.gif

This is what some people are hoping that Nintendo is going to do

These people are going to be so sorely disappointed...
Idk what's suppose to be happening here. But I saw one Mock up of it being a VR set haha.

I personally can't write anything off until I see the reveal

bionic77

Yeah I don't see the quality or the quantity continuing if they went third party. They'll get far less revenue per unit sold and they'd be missing out on all that licensing money from having their own hardware.

I think they're mostly out of ideas for new and innovative ways to play video games using low cost technology. With a bigger budget, they can do all kinds of stuff but they no doubt want to go cheap with this stuff. Stuff like VR and those crazy tactile feedback controls don't exactly cost a dollar...
They should have released a super cheap ARM powered console for like 90 bucks that could output Xbox 360 graphics and supported traditional and wacko controllers. Then make sure it supported a ton of their old catalog on day one and make it easy to port PC and mobile titles.

I still believe this is the future for gaming unless VR takes off.

Nintendos new idea could I guess in theory be good but man I have never seen anything come close to legit buttons so we should all be and are skeptical as fuck.

Top Bottom