• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Is the IR tweak still only limited to one player per team?

Correct. Once you designate a player with return, you're done. You just don't have to pre-designate him as an IR player to return anymore. You can bring back any player you've IR'd.

Pats:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m3 minutes ago
Despite Robert Kraft's request, Roger Goodell said the Patriots will not be getting back this year's first-round pick.

RIP Dudes who can only stay in the league because of return ability

Ted Ginn would be the world's fastest BK fry cook right now if he couldn't keep an NFL job returning kicks

This is obviously in response to the Bungles game where Cincy lost their mind and were just out for blood.

I am not sure what the league can do other than take football out of Ohio though.

Probably has more to do with the Beckham/Norman game. They would've both been tossed before Odell caught the TD late in the game to tie it.

Though I agree with taking football out of Ohio to protect the innocent. I further amend your proposal to include Maryland.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
RIP Dudes who can only stay in the league because of return ability

Ted Ginn would be the world's fastest BK fry cook right now if he couldn't keep an NFL job returning kicks

Thankfully Josh Gordon got his career in before this rule change. Otherwise the Browns wouldn't even have that much!

They aren't wrong about it dangerous though. Someone's going to get killed.

Honestly as crazy as it sounds, going back to soft leather helmets might be the only way to save the game.

It cracks me up that the Rams are going to get maximum exposure: Hard Knocks, tons of primetime games, probably China in 2018, I think a UK game or something next year too... And yet they will still probably be trash the whole time.

Drakeon

They aren't wrong about it dangerous though. Someone's going to get killed.

Honestly as crazy as it sounds, going back to soft leather helmets might be the only way to save the game.
Yeah, it's kinda crazy that it might help prevent a whole lot of injuries by going back to leather helmets.

Rams being on Hard Knocks is perfect. There was a danger that the sports media might have finally learned that the team sucks, going to be amazing when the show fools people into picking them as dark horses yet again because of a couple of Gurley montages.

7-9 on the way as usual.

I really don't get Boban's love for cricket.

Though an Indian guy I know told me that apparently America and Canada apparently have International teams. This was news to me and I am not sure I believe him but I am too lazy and don't care enough to look it up on Google.

If America does play cricket I will get behind it when we play our long time rivals to the north.

First international cricket game ever was USA v Canada but nowadays the game is barely amateur level in America. The US has no chance of becoming relevant in the next twenty years and to be honest, I would be shocked to see it happen in my lifetime. No money in it, the US governing body is an embarrassment and the international game is run by people worse than FIFA and the IOC could ever be. If you're not England, India or Australia then you can get fucked.

Hence the cheering for the likes of Afghanistan, Ireland and the Dutch. They're teams that the ruling body cut funding for and are actively trying to keep out of the big tournaments and it's always good to see them stick it to the man.

The fact that I can still love it despite the corrupt fuckery from the guys in the charge is testament to how cricket is the best. Really hard to pick up as a newcomer though, too many three yards and a cloud of dust equivalents to excite people who don't understand what's going on.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I really don't get Boban's love for cricket.

Though an Indian guy I know told me that apparently America and Canada apparently have International teams. This was news to me and I am not sure I believe him but I am too lazy and don't care enough to look it up on Google.

If America does play cricket I will get behind it when we play our long time rivals to the north.

Cricket is like Menudo. Unless you grew up with it, it's pretty much terrible.

Pretty much. From like age 4 to 8-9 my dad used to play like crazy. He'd take me and my brother to his games and we'd either watch him or play with the other player's kids while it went on.

I don't care for it now but back then I used to love it.

Hindl

Hold on, so if someone gets two roughing the passer or roughing the punter flags for example, is that an automatic ejection?

I think both of those are personal fouls. There's an ejection for two unsportsmanlike penalties, like taunting, exessive celebration, and stuff lke that

After being judged last night by the Mormons I should go commit some sins in Vegas. My server last night handed me my beer and she tells me that God loves me.
Maybe it was her way of trying to hit on you. Or super friendly. Was she alright looking.

Watching NX controller reactions:

latest

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Holy shit I have no words about that controller.

Okay I have a few:

RIP Nintendo. The rear view mirror controller has to be the worst piece of shit I've seen since the PS3 boomerang...except there's no way the NX controller will change because everything is designed around a touch pad.

Line_HTX

I'm just gonna wait until official confirmation of the controller, console, AND SPECS and then have the Undertaker tombstone it.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm waiting patiently for the snes meltdown.

He hasn't done anything on his twitter account recently that I can see.

edit: nevermind, looking at the wrong twitter account

I'm just gonna wait until official confirmation of the controller, console, AND SPECS and then have the Undertaker tombstone it.

Nintendo gotta make it look strong like my boy Roman Reigns.

Edit: for real tho, I'm interested in it. If it tech works well to play games that's all that matters, even if it looks different from a standard controller.

squicken

Pederson said Matthews will be playing as an outside WR this year, with Algholor the other starter. I think this is probably smoke, and that JMatt will be the slot guy, with them trying to add a WR in the draft or FA

Top Bottom