• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

bionic77

Shiiiiiiiit, didn't even realise Cruyff was ill. RIP :(

TzNKrYc.gif
When did they change the soccer balls in soccer?

I remember back when I was a kid soccer balls were heavy and solid as fuck. But today they are really light and soft and are much easier to control as a result (at least it seems that way to me).

bionic77

Crazy part about the Garner thing was I practically walked past that area like a week before.
I remember when there used to be a debate about which city had the bigger and more violent gang of thugs between the NYPD and the LAPD. But it seems like that debate is over and done with and New York keeps winning while LA seems to barely even be part of the conversation anymore.

Tom Penny

Yeah this generation in general is just showing me consoles are kind of a waste unless you love their exclusives
Im about to win my fantasy basketball league. Not sure if Uncharted is enticing enough for me to dive in with the winnings. Probably keep holding off.

bionic77

Im glad I havent bought a console yet with 4k gaming coming. Poor early adopters.
What the fuck is Sony thinking with the 4K release?

I don't get it.

I must be too old for video games. I don't get a controller without buttons or a pointless upgrade 2 years into a generation when your box is killing it.

effzee

This reminds me of the time we added the other Steve Smith. Hopefully this works out better than that did.

I mean it kind of has to. Steve Smith was coming off a major knee injury and never recovered.

He's gonna be our Jason Avant.

Nope. Avant was a team leader, didn't run lazy routes, and had sure hands. If the Eagles are interested in adding a vet WR who would also be a good influence for the younger guys, they should sign Anquan Boldin.

I wanted him 6 years ago. Still do.

Earlier today when Pederson said JMatt was going to be an outside WR, I knew it was bs. Why move him from where he is so effective? Randle is nothing special, but he's better than Huff. They have gone from Maclin and DJax to Randle and Algholor outside. Quite the falloff from a few years ago

Falloff yes but I have high hopes for Agholor. He wasn't a reach and by all accounts is a great guy, works hard, and his game mirrors Maclin.

Bad rookie season but then again I don't blame him. Playing with Bradford, patchwork OLINE, and no run game.

I expect big improvements from him in year 2. Plus while they won't be picking a WR at 8, I am pretty sure they will draft someone who they hope beats out Randle or Givens. Also hoping the TEs are utilized far more in the passing game to take the pressure off of the young WRs.

My take on who we should take with 1st pick

OL Laremy Tunsil Ole Miss

why? Tennessee gave up the most sacks allowed and no question Mariota needs a line to block, Tunsil can help with the run game since Titans traded for DeMarco Murray. Run game was awful due to lack of blocking and with Murray I expect them to rely more on the run game this season.

Murray is also a really good blocker

Hindl

Yep. Built a gaming PC. No need for a console.

Same. Oddly enough the Wii U has gotten most of my console time, but that's because those games aren't anywhere else.

Im about to win my fantasy basketball league. Not sure if Uncharted is enticing enough for me to dive in with the winnings. Probably keep holding off.

PS4 finally looks like it has a solid exclusive lineup this year, so it might be worth jumping in. But with this news best to at least wait until E3, especially since anonymous developers are supposedly confirming the new PS4 thing.

Like with the NX, I'll let Sony give me the full pitch before writing it off. First impression isn't great though

What the fuck is Sony thinking with the 4K release?

I don't get it.

I must be too old for video games. I don't get a controller without buttons or a pointless upgrade 2 years into a generation when your box is killing it.

But your not too old to play animu loli face rubbing simulators.

When did they change the soccer balls in soccer?

I remember back when I was a kid soccer balls were heavy and solid as fuck. But today they are really light and soft and are much easier to control as a result (at least it seems that way to me).

They've been changing footballs constantly throughout the years, the build up to every World Cup is guaranteed to have plenty of talk about the latest football design. The story will invariably be about how it is more round, can be hit harder and there will be a couple of quotes from a goalkeeper complaining about how it moves too much in the air and is impossible to catch.

They're definitely easier to control and dribble with now and you can get them to move all funny like a knuckleball if you hit it right. The downside is you can't score free kicks like this because the ball is so light it doesn't come back down in time and flies over the bar.

PS4 finally looks like it has a solid exclusive lineup this year, so it might be worth jumping in. But with this news best to at least wait until E3, especially since anonymous developers are supposedly confirming the new PS4 thing.

Like with the NX, I'll let Sony give me the full pitch before writing it off. First impression isn't great though

Been waiting for a reason to buy a PS4 for a couple of years now, hopefully Horizon turns out to be great and I can finally jump on board.

MechDX

Poster at BRB sums up his thoughts about the Osweiler signing and I agree 100%:

1.) If you want to compare Hoyer’s stats with those of Osweiler’s first 6 games, you also have to look at Tom Brady’s first 6 games and tell me what you find there. Be sure to report back, OK? But you probably won’t.

2.) Bill O’Brien used NINE different QBs over a 2-year span, some of which were atrocious in their games prior to playing for O’Brien, with the Texans going 9-7 in both 2014 and 2015 and making the playoffs in 2015 after having beaten the Colts in Indy for the first time in team history. In 2013, Gary Kubiak couldn’t coach Case Keenum to a single win in EIGHT tries, but the following year in 2014 Case Keenum was called away from his deer stand and promptly won two straight games under O’Brien’s management. Kubiak: 0-8 with Keenum. O’Brien: 2-0. #Scoreboard

3.) If people want to speculate that Osweiler was a poor decision, they need to examine the whole situation starting with how O’Brien has made chicken salad out of chicken shit the past two years. If anything, the trends indicate that Osweiler will out-perform any of the previous 9 QBs the Texans have turned to for the past two years. By the way, the contract is structured in a way that it’s really essentially a 2-year deal so the Texans can move on in Year 3 if they absolutely need to. The money is such that it’s not a cap killer for the Texans. After Osweiler signed with Houston, the Broncos wisely let the news cycle run its course for several days before finally signing Mark Sanchez. MARK SANCHEZ. Tell me again about teams and QBs and poor decisions.

Ultimately, the criticism of the Osweiler deal in Houston is indicative not of sound and logical analysis but rather a lack of knowledge about what the Texans have (and can) accomplish under their coaching and their front office who is running circles around the front offices of the other AFC South teams’ front offices. The Colts can’t draft players to protect their "star" QB, the Jags had to buy free agents because they are so poor at drafting their own, and the Titans are stuck with similar situations that cause them to be an annual joke in the AFCS. But yeah, lecture us on how "bad" the Osweiler deal is. We’re listening.

MechDX

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 19m19 minutes ago
.@Gil_Brandt reports b/c of snow, only 1 NFL HC made it to Wentz' Pro Day at NDSU: #Browns Hue Jackson. 18 teams there, 30 credentialed

Hue has some Wentz fever. Rain, sleet, snow or hail nothing will stop the Cleve from ruining another QB

Hindl

That's exactly why I wanted to buy the NX, but....

Like I said I'll let them sell it. Controller aside, the various patents and things they've been saying about the NX sound great, and the potential for a great console is there. And there could be things about the controller that we don't know yet. Or this could just be the handheld. At first glance, the controller doesn't look great, but there could be things we don't know. Or, one of the people in the NX thread threw this mockup together:

Figured this would be a good exercise. Made a quick UI animation concept:

LwdiSnM.gif

• Contextual actions/buttons
  • Click down on left analog stick for weapon wheel
Hear it with sound for that extra OOMPH.

I could potentially get down with something like that depending on how it's implemented. Of course clickable sticks hasn't worked out great so far, so they would have to nail that. It gives a bad first impression but we'll see

Been waiting for a reason to buy a PS4 for a couple of years now, hopefully Horizon turns out to be great and I can finally jump on board.

Yeah between that, Uncharted, Persona 5, FFXV, maybe TLG, Sony finally is releasing all those games they've been dangling in front of our noses for the past 3(10?) years

Pro day ends and hue and pep take over the workout :")

Did the same with Goff, Farmer would have been hiding in the bushes pretending he wasn't at the pro day

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I can always count on Mech to support me.

I have to keep remembering that when he insults the Browns it's not a shot at me but at everything around me.

MechDX

I can always count on Mech to support me.

I have to keep remembering that when he insults the Browns it's not a shot at me but at everything around me.

I wish nothing but the best for you, Floyd and Gobias. BG can rot in hell with all the former Browns QB's

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 28s28 seconds ago
Cleveland is expected to reach agreement with former Redskins' QB Robert Griffin III today, per team source. Griffin III to be a Brown.

You deserve this BG.

Colasante

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 28s28 seconds ago
Cleveland is expected to reach agreement with former Redskins' QB Robert Griffin III today, per team source. Griffin III to be a Brown.

It's happening! I'm rooting for this marriage to work out but I fear it will end up being a disaster.

Top Bottom