• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

7Chb6TV.jpg

Milchjon

Konka is being a hipster again, I see. So many British pub ales are watery piss.

Still wish Cask Ale was a thing in Germany (Milch is being a hipster again)

squicken

Trent Richardson's Road Back to the NFL

However, Harbaugh acknowledged on Tuesday at the NFL owners meetings that the Ravens have had an "unofficial agreement" in place with Richardson, who is still only 25 years old, and will sign Richardson once he reaches a "physical benchmark."

"It's in Trent's court," Harbaugh told reporters. "(Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome) and Trent have talked a lot. I text with Trent all the time. He's keeping me posted on his training. I'm planning on Trent being a Raven right now. I'm kind of excited about it.

Richardson was back in Tuscaloosa around a month after being cut by the Raiders, moving into close friend Agnew Hall's house not far from the University of Alabama campus.

He was depressed, wasn't working out and was barely paying attention to football aside from watching Alabama.

Hall would walk into Richardson's room and ask, "Are you going to lay there and quit or are you going to regroup?" But there were many days during that first month back filled with a combination of simply crying, eating, a lot of sleeping and wondering how he had gotten himself into that position.

"It's very easy to get lazy in the NFL — not having everything scheduled and not having everything like at Alabama where it was so structured," Richardson said. "We had study hall or we had to get a workout in in between classes and had five classes a day. It was just so structured. In the NFL, everything's on your own."

There were also the family members and friends constantly asking for money to the point, Richardson said, that it became mentally exhausting and took away from his focus on football.

There were countless texts and calls each day. Richardson bought cars for people, somehow got stuck with paying for five funerals that were each at least $12,000 and treated people to unnecessary things like week-long trips to places like

Richardson had trimmed down from around 235 pounds to 228 despite only limited work with McCoy to that point, but the 5-foot-9 Richardson weighed in at 238 in Baltimore after settling for fried chicken at Popeyes the night before and then eating a heavy breakfast that consisted of pancakes, grits and a breakfast wrap.

"I didn't think I was working out," Richardson said. "They were like, 'You ready to go work out?' I'm like, 'Work out?' That was right before the workout and I got weighed right before that. I was like, 'Oh my God.' And I jumped on the scale and I was like, 'Oh my God. I've been doing so good...'"

bionic77

NFL ‏@NFL 26m26 minutes ago

A #SB50 champion and your #SB50 MVP...

Join us in wishing @Millerlite40 a Happy Birthday!

Is he really wanting QB type of money?
He just won a SB without a real qb. That is the hardest thing to do in football. Broncos are the only legit team to do it without cheating or murder in the past 2 decades.

He deserves it.

Top Bottom