• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

rSbOG82.gif

If I can't due Animu Sunday, I'll just have to do Animal Sunday.

Bread

Banned
i wish they would make an 8th day of the week and call it gataday

we would all have the day off from work and spend time with friends and family in our life who are gatas

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I'm trying. I have a line on a really good job that would allow me to stay indefinitely. If it was up to me alone (AKA if I can get a job) I'd likely stay here for many years. I've never not loved it here.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
The wife feeling the same way?

Yeah. She may love it more than me, even. We stopped off at some farmer's field on the way home this morning and watched the sun come up over this wooded hilltop. Later, we're going by one of those restaurants that already has their biergarten set up, going to eat some mediocre fried food, drink some fantastic beer and catch the bus home. This week we're thinking of going down to Munich to visit a couple of museums. Meanwhile, it's Sunday and everybody is chill as shit today. Got a bottle of pils chilling in the cooler and a loaf of osterbrot ready for snack.

It's a fantastic place to live.

Yeah. She may love it more than me, even. We stopped off at some farmer's field on the way home this morning and watched the sun come up over this wooded hilltop. Later, we're going by one of those restaurants that already has their biergarten set up, going to eat some mediocre fried food, drink some fantastic beer and catch the bus home. This week we're thinking of going down to Munich to visit a couple of museums. Meanwhile, it's Sunday and everybody is chill as shit today. Got a bottle of pils chilling in the cooler and a loaf of osterbrot ready for snack.

It's a fantastic place to live.

Are you working for a travel agency now? Cause I kinda want to go to Germany now.

Side note: Gonna see 10 Cloverfield Lane now, is it good?

bionic77

He probably should have said "healthcare ain't that important...for poors"

I'm sure bionic has that good lawyer health plan that would already be better than whatever Bernie would give him
It doesn't sound very nice when you put it that way weinke!

I am all for poor people getting stuff from our taxes, but the tax hikes in that article were a little alarming. Honestly that extra 25k in taxes probably just goes in the bank or some other account and it sounds cunty but fuuuuuuuuuuuuck that!

I feel taxes are good where they are at now. Just cut money from other shit like the military to get these poor people's teeth cleaned!

squicken

The most shocking revelation of the owners meetings may have been Bill O’Brien acknowledging that he hadn’t even met Brock Osweiler before the Texans decided to give the quarterback $37 million guaranteed over the next two seasons. This move has owner Bob McNair’s signature all over it, and you have to wonder how comfortable O’Brien is with his owner making football decisions

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...ule-changes/38Oh9Y5eMuDFR3sqF4FwnO/story.html
Never change, Texans

MechDX

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/...-in-top-four-7181033.php?cmpid=twitter-mobile

Only two players – Lawrence Taylor and J.J. Watt -- have been voted the NFL Defensive Player of the Year Award three times.
Taylor, who played outside linebacker for the New York Giants, won the award in 1981, 1982 and 1986.
Watt, who turned 26 last week, has won the award three times in four years, including his most recent in February.
"That J.J. Watt is a bad SOB," Taylor said Saturday during an appearance at Hiterman Sports Memorabilia at Baybrook Mall. "He's going to get it a couple of more times.
"I think he's one of these guys that only comes around once every 20 to 30 years."

While signing autographs and posing for pictures, Taylor didn't try to hide his respect for Watt. Taylor put Watt among the four greatest defensive players in history.
"In front of me I see guys like Reggie White (and) Deacon Jones," he said. "Do I put J.J. in front of me? No, but the guy is a phenomenal player. He can go down as one of the best players to ever play his position.
"Every time I watch film on him or I see a game he's playing in, the first thing that comes to my mind is this guy can go all day."

Taylor also was voted the NFL Most Valuable Player Award after the 1986 season in which the Giants won their first Super Bowl. Watt finished second to Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers after the 2014 season.
"Now the question is, will he become the Most Valuable Player of the league?" Taylor said. "That's one I have on him.
"The year I won MVP we won the Super Bowl. They wanted to call me the greatest defensive player of all time. He can put up numbers, and he can be one of the greatest players that ever played (but), you've got to be able to take your team to a title."

LT recognizes Watts abilities. Awesome!

Never change, Texans

O'Brien has full control over the 53 man roster and absolute final say on the QB, this is known. He has met Brock the past two years in the league when the Broncos and Texans had joint practices. How was he supposed to meet with him this year when they either got him signed ASAP during the tampering period or lose him? You can NOT be this dense and biting on this garbage

squicken

O'Brien has full control over the 53 man roster and absolute final say on the QB, this is known. He has met Brock the past two years in the league when the Broncos and Texans had joint practices. How was he supposed to meet with him this year when they either got him signed ASAP during the tampering period or lose him? You can NOT be this dense and biting on this garbage

Rick has control of the 90 man roster. He can sign and draft whoever he wants. Then BoB picks 53 from those 90 to form his team.

McNair said in the offseason he was going to solve the QB issue. I think he lost patience with QB whisperer BoB in-between Hoyer playoff INTs 2 and 3. My guess is BoB would have preferred to keep drafting and trying to find their Russell Wilson. Pay a guy $18m and he is stuck with him

MechDX

Rick has control of the 90 man roster. He can sign and draft whoever he wants. Then BoB picks 53 from those 90 to form his team.

Thats what I said....

McNair said in the offseason he was going to solve the QB issue. I think he lost patience with QB whisperer BoB in-between Hoyer playoff INTs 2 and 3. My guess is BoB would have preferred to keep drafting and trying to find their Russell Wilson. Pay a guy $18m and he is stuck with him

Yay random speculation and since most of your guesses are 90% incorrect Ill side with the stats. Ive said it numerous times: Im just glad they did something finally against their usual M.O. Its basically a 2 year deal and the team can walk away with minimal impact at that time.

What would you have them do? Please enlighten me. Dont say trade up for Wentz/Goff because the price to go from 22 to top 4-6 would be astronomical and could put the franchise back years. They got a 25 years old QB who has already been weened at the QB position at the pro level and has good upside. It only cost money, money can be replaced but draft picks are gone forever.

Bread

Banned
"He can put up numbers, and he can be one of the greatest players that ever played (but), you've got to be able to take your team to a title."

Now with our new franchise qb Watt will have a chance to do just that!!!!

Top Bottom