• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

when is the last time a RB drafted in the top 5 busted? can't happen.

TrentRichardsonTruck.gif

Bread

Banned
I try to think of a Bradford comparison in other sports but I really can't. It's unique how enamored Philly fans are with a guy who has proven nothing in like 7 seasons.

bionic77

They need an age disclaimer on Facebook.

Sometimes I will click on someone's hot friend or relative only to find out that the person is like 19 years old.

Not cool people...

gutshot

I try to think of a Bradford comparison in other sports but I really can't. It's unique how enamored Philly fans are with a guy who has proven nothing in like 7 seasons.

You are saying Philly fans but really there are only like 2 of them who like the guy and they somehow both happen to post on this board.

Doomsayer

I see it's time for our daily Bradford debate.

For someone who has accomplished less than RG3 it's really fucking insane he is talked about so much.

Hindl

I seriously have no idea how good/bad Bradford is. And I watched pretty much every Eagles game last year.

Now you know how I feel. Ultimately he'll most likely be a bridge for whatever rookie the Eagles take in the later rounds this year. His performances were just so all over the place in 2015

Pepiope

Now you know how I feel. Ultimately he'll most likely be a bridge for whatever rookie the Eagles take in the later rounds this year. His performances were just so all over the place in 2015
By all over the place You mean the beginning of the season. Which should be expected given how long he was away from football.

bionic77

I seriously have no idea how good/bad Bradford is. And I watched pretty much every Eagles game last year.
He will never be very good but he is better than half of the qb's in the league (maybe even more because of the sorry state of qbs).

The Kelly offense was perfect for him though and in general it is pretty qb friendly. A lot of dink and dunk.

Philly is the wrong place for him. They don't accept average over there.

It won't end well.

He will never be very good but he is better than half of the qb's in the league (maybe even more because of the sorry state of qbs).

The Kelly offense was perfect for him though and in general it is pretty qb friendly. A lot of dink and dunk.

Philly is the wrong place for him. They don't accept average over there.

It won't end well.

It wont end well now because he has a terrible HC and an awful GM building the rest of the team. If the Eagles had a competent front office he could be a good QB. It sucks for Sam since he is going to be judged for this upcoming debacle.

bionic77

It wont end well now because he has a terrible HC and an awful GM building the rest of the team. If the Eagles had a competent front office he could be a good QB. It sucks for Sam since he is going to be judged for this upcoming debacle.
I am not a Kelly fan but his system was very friendly for qb's.

Maybe not so much for winning but I like his offense for qb's who can't win it on talent alone. The Pats and Chiefs and previously Niners did similar shit to hide their qb (the Pats had the added element of cheating and cuntery).

2nd half of the season Bradford and 1st half of the season Bradford were two different people.

When he comes out this year destroying defenses I'll be handing out ITYSs.

Guy has a new coach and offense this year too, and the Eagles offense isn't exactly brimming with weapons.

He won't have the luxury of taking the first half of the season to adjust with Chase Daniel breathing down his neck. And you know Eagles fans are going to be clamoring for change if things don't start well.

I am not a Kelly fan but his system was very friendly for qb's.

Maybe not so much for winning but I like his offense for qb's who can't win it on talent alone. The Pats and Chiefs and previously Niners did similar shit to hide their qb (the Pats had the added element of cheating and cuntery).

Yeah Chip did an amazing job of making garbage like Foles and buttfumble look decent.

Pepiope

I could not disagree more. I really have no idea what you are basing that off of.
Howie has been great. He retained Bradford for under market value, got us a higher draft pick while getting rid of dead weight, and he's putting the Eagles in a great position with contracts in the coming seasons.

He has aced this portion of the off-season.

Hindl

I could not disagree more. I really have no idea what you are basing that off of.

Unloaded underperforming players with bad contracts? Extended home grown talent instead of trading it away? Bringing in decent to good talent on team friendly deals instead of going for the biggest splashes in FA? Moving from 13 to the top 10 on draft day? Criticize him for talent evaluation, sure. He still has the draft ahead of him. But he's done well in fixing the issues on the team, and setting us up for the future

Howie has been great. He retained Bradford for under market value, got us a higher draft pick while getting rid of dead weight, and he's putting the Eagles in a great position with contracts in the coming seasons.

Lol, we have no idea what his actual market value was. Ryan Fitzpatrick had a better season and can't get shit for a contract. Coaches watch the tape and know better.

He has gotten rid of players but brought very little back. The guard from the Texans is probably the biggest move he has made. He gave up a guy Kiko to move up a few spots, and if healthy Kiko could be very good. Lets see what he does in the draft but this FA has just been Howie trying to get rid of bad contracts that Howie gave out last year.

The fact that the vast majority of sports writers have given them very high grades in this free agency?

There were two contracts Howie did that were shit. One was Bradford, the other was Chase Daniel. The Bradford one is the result of a tight QB market and the Chase Daniel one is to help Pederson bring his offense to the team. I can see both of them as excusable.

The rest of his moves were beyond shrewd. Locking up young talent to long term contracts that will be very team friendly down the line, dumping very large contracts of players that didn't produce to expected levels, and moving up in the draft while doing it. Then signing very wise free agents that will help flesh out the weakest areas of the team. Even the damn Reuben Randle signing is a good signing.

He has gotten rid of players but brought very little back.

He extended nine contracts and brought in three amazing free agents. How is that getting little back?

bionic77

Yeah Chip did an amazing job of making garbage like Foles and buttfumble look decent.
I am surprised more teams don't try to emulate that.

Load the fuck up on defense and develop screen heavy, run heavy, dink and dunk offenses that even Mark Sanchez could run reasonably well.

That seems like it would be a lot easier to implement for a shit team like the Browns than praying that they draft Joe Montana every year (who would fail in their system because they don't know what they are doing).

The fact that the vast majority of sports writers have given them very high grades in this free agency?

There were two contracts Howie did that were shit. One was Bradford, the other was Chase Daniel. The Bradford one is the result of a tight QB market and the Chase Daniel one is to help Pederson bring his offense to the team. I can see both of them as excusable.

The rest of his moves were beyond shrewd. Locking up young talent to long term contracts that will be very team friendly down the line, dumping very large contracts of players that didn't produce to expected levels, and moving up in the draft while doing it. Then signing very wise free agents that will help flesh out the weakest areas of the team. Even the damn Reuben Randle signing is a good signing.

He extended nine contracts and brought in three amazing free agents. How is that getting little back?

Who are the three amazing free agents?

Pepiope

I am surprised more teams don't try to emulate that.

Load the fuck up on defense and develop screen heavy, run heavy, dink and dunk offenses that even Mark Sanchez could run reasonably well.

That seems like it would be a lot easier to implement for a shit team like the Browns than praying that they draft Joe Montana every year (who would fail in their system because they don't know what they are doing).
Multiple teams have said they knew the plays Chip was running throughout the game. His offense worked at first, but it was figured out. He will be fine if he expands his playbook, but the only reason the offense was beneficial to Bradford was because the dink and dunk allowed him to stay up. I can't wait to see him in an offense where he's allowed to audible and actually run the offense.

Top Bottom