• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Did you see how much Oz and Kirk made this off-season?

If Eagles valued Bradford they would have franchise tagged him like Redskins did to Cousins. They knew no teams would really want him all that bad. That's why he took that deal.

Oz has way more upside. Also, Cousins had a much better year than Bradford. He basically carried that team to the playoffs on his back.

Who are the three amazing free agents?

Brandon Brooks and Rodney McLeod were two of the best available players at their position and incredible values. Nigel Bradham is a player that thrived under Jim Schwartz and is an extremely good pickup because of his knowledge and level of play under Schwartz defensive scheme. All of them are grade A signings.

Edit: I should clarify. I don't mean to say they are "amazing players" as if they are the best in the league. I mean they are amazing values as free agents, which is the better way to grade free agency.

If Eagles valued Bradford they would have franchise tagged him like Redskins did to Cousins. They knew no teams would really want him all that bad. That's why he took that deal.

Oz has way more upside. Also, Cousins had a much better year than Bradford. He basically carried that team to the playoffs on his back.

I will definitely agree that cousins had the better overall year last year, but what makes you say that Oz has more upside? He was so bad that he got benched for a QB that had thrown 19 picks in part of a season. The Broncos offense looked better when he was out and the gimp went back in. Brock has shown nothing so far.

Brandon Brooks and Rodney McLeod were two of the best available players at their position and incredible values. Nigel Bradham is a player that thrived under Jim Schwartz and is an extremely good pickup because of his knowledge and level of play under Schwartz defensive scheme. All of them are grade A signings.

I like the Brooks signing. I dont trust any DB from the Rams but we will see how McLeod does. Bradham is a nothing move, no way is that an A signing.

I like the Brooks signing. I dont trust any DB from the Rams but we will see how McLeod does. Bradham is a nothing move, no way is that an A signing.

Bradham is good because it's a big position of need and he's dirt cheap. That's where the "value" aspect comes in. He's not going to light anything up, but the team is very thin at the LB position.

Duxxy3

TrentRichardsonTruck.gif

He's gonna rush for 1200 this year.

Bank on it.

Or don't. You might lose money. I rarely know what I'm talking about.

Ian Rapoport ‏ @ RapSheet 13s 14 seconds ago
Random tidbit of the day: # Browns OLB Barkevious Mingo bulked up to 260 pounds this offseason, up from 240. Make-or-break 2016, new coaches…
Don't get caught Mingo...

I will definitely agree that cousins had the better overall year last year, but what makes you say that Oz has more upside? He was so bad that he got benched for a QB that had thrown 19 picks in part of a season. The Broncos offense looked better when he was out and the gimp went back in. Brock has shown nothing so far.

Didn't show anything? Did you miss the game against the Pats? He didn't play badly at all. I think the general consensus is that he got benched because Peyton Manning was the leader of that team and they wanted him at the helm going into the playoffs. Their defense was so good all they needed was a game manager who could stand up to pressure. Looking back, it was a good move.

I am skeptical of the idea that the offense looked better with Peyton. Very skeptical.

Duxxy3

Didn't show anything? Did you miss the game against the Pats? He didn't play badly at all. I think the general consensus is that he got benched because Peyton Manning was the leader of that team and they wanted him at the helm going into the playoffs. Their defense was so good all they needed was a game manager who could stand up to pressure. Looking back, it was a good move.

I am skeptical of the idea that the offense looked better with Peyton. Very skeptical.

Part of why he looked good against the Pats, at least in my opinion, was because there just wasn't much tape on the guy. The more games he played, the more teams were able to figure him out.

squicken

I seriously have no idea how good/bad Bradford is. And I watched pretty much every Eagles game last year.

He's middle of the road. If the blocking is bad and the receivers don't get open, he will look awful. Block it up and WRs get open and he will hit them. Some QBs lose games (Hoyer), some win games (Wilson), and Bradford is in the class that is going to rise and fall with his surrounding talent

Philly is the wrong place for him. They don't accept average over there.

It won't end well.
There are loud exceptions, but most of the Philly media like Bradford. Generally regarded as the best QB they've had since McNabb. There was so much bts drama last year that he mostly skated, I guess

Godslay

Banned

The Broncos offense was an interesting contrast between Manning and his backup last year.

With Brock out there, he could make all the throws and things opened up because of that. The problem was, depending on what the defense gave him, Brock looked clueless and slow at times. That 2nd half offense against the Steelers regular season game was pretty embarrassing. Reason being? That's a defense most QBs out of college should be able to pick apart. He's inexperienced so I think he deserves some slack there. Maybe BoB can teach him how to handle certain defenses and speed up his throwing motion and thought process.

Manning was smart enough to defeat defenses and was able to get the ball out fast. The problem was he didn't have the power to make the throws that Oz could. Add in an injury and an old dog new offense and you have embarrassing games like the KC game.

It was basically brains versus brawn, and in the end brains won out when healthy. Not to mention that Kubes benched Oz because he failed as a leader, not because of mediocre performance. In that SD game, Oz played decent enough, but the rest of the O was fucking up. Whereas someone like PM would take control of the offense as a leader, Oz didn't for whatever reason. Kubes said it to Tracy Wolfson at the half, and as a result sat Oz and we all saw that the offense perked up and got it's shit together enough to win the game.

Nobody can argue that benching Oz wasn't the right decision, because it paid off in the form that it did. I like to think Oz could have won a playoff game, but I don't think we would have beat NE without PM at the helm. Same for Carolina.

MechDX

lol

He's middle of the road. If the blocking is bad and the receivers don't get open, he will look awful. Block it up and WRs get open and he will hit them. Some QBs lose games (Hoyer), some win games (Wilson), and Bradford is in the class that is going to rise and fall with his surrounding talent

There are loud exceptions, but most of the Philly media like Bradford. Generally regarded as the best QB they've had since McNabb. There was so much bts drama last year that he mostly skated, I guess

Good thing we got Howie picking the talent for him.

Tim McManus ‏@Tim_McManus 24m24 minutes ago
Eagles reportedly working out quarterback Jared Goff today:

Interesting that they are having a private workout with him. Well I guess if they are going to copy the Reid years they have to get a QB in the first round.

Edit:

Geoff Mosher ‏@GeoffMosherNFL 19m Jared Goff not the only Cal star getting privately worked out today by Doug Pederson. Wideout Kenny Lawler also participating.

bionic77

ESPN says Gronk is officially on Instagram. Where's Dutch?

Better hope it's fat. 20 lbs of lean muscle in three months is really fucking hard if not impossible naturally.
If you ain't juicing in the NFL you ain't trying.

I love James Harrison as a player but he was juiced to the max. In a normal human being you are made up of 60% water. With Harrison that number was only 10% because the other 50% was juice.

Hindl

Maybe in terms of gaming. Who knows it could just end up being niche there.

There are too many applications in the real world for it to fail long term outside of gaming imo.

Exactly. VR could completely fail in gaming. But engineering, architecture, medicine? The applications are endless

Resident Evil 5 was so shit

Gameplay-wise, it perfected everything good about RE4, but Chris was ridiculous and I like when RE does gothic settings in their games.

Exactly. VR could completely fail in gaming. But engineering, architecture, medicine? The applications are endless

I know more people who want it for those purposes than they do for gaming. I might get one sometime next year, I'm not too keen on launch hardware.

That's not middle of the road. That's bad.
We can talk all day about the Jags tier opponents in week 4 of the NFL, but if your Franchise guy can't win you a late November game what use is he?

I've said this before, but the worst QB are guys like Alex Smith. Guys who are competent and can manage the shit out of a game but you know deep down will never come through in the clutch.

Top Bottom