• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
This hurts Xia....who can I turn too when a Mod mocks me?? :(

Fill out this form in triplicate, then email it to nobodycares@gofuckyourself.net
635913101991790855-hurt-feelings-form-page-001.jpg

Good morning everyone.

I'm making it from ikea scraps
Good call.

Bosa drop out of the top ten
Jlawokay.gif

I enjoy the Lakers sucking :)

It's always Thursday in Germany.
That sounds like hell. Why would you want that?

I'm surfing GAF on a library computer at 5AM on a Tuesday eating mozzarella sticks. This night took a bad turn

Some would argue it took a great turn

The best turn even.

Striker

There's lots of funnies in the mock. KC picking Leonard Floyd as a future replacement of Justin Houston, instead of Tamba Hali, for example. Wentz dropping out of the first with teams like LA, ARZ and CHI letting him go. Ramsey not going in the top 3.

Leonard Williams was in similar position but he wasn't going anywhere far last year. Washington picking Brandon Scherff instead, dummies.

squicken

Say what you will about Brady, but there was a point in the Super Bowl against the Seahawks in which you thought for sure the game was done. Pats were down two scores and fading. Brady engineered two touchdown drives to pull the Asterisks back in it. Swap Brady for Bradford. How does that go down?.

This is more about Brady than Bradford, but you give a league average QB the greatest TE of all time and one of the 5 best coaches of all time, I think he can get it done maybe 4 times out of 10.

Alex Smith's game elevated when he got to play with a good coach. But you can see Alex's limits now that he has Maclin and Kelce. A better QB gets more from those guys.

This is more about Brady than Bradford, but you give a league average QB the greatest TE of all time and one of the 5 best coaches of all time, I think he can get it done maybe 4 times out of 10.

Alex Smith's game elevated when he got to play with a good coach. But you can see Alex's limits now that he has Maclin and Kelce. A better QB gets more from those guys.

❤️❤️❤️

Also, should I take a nap or watch an episode of House of Cards?

squicken

Before the Combine I sorta thought Cook could be good, but the more I have watched his stuff, and the more I have read, I am off that. I'd rather have Hackenberg. Kevin Hogan has lots of fans, but unless he gets the Aaron Rodgers' mechanics change, his windup and noddle arm aren't NFL caliber

Hindl

Before the Combine I sorta thought Cook could be good, but the more I have watched his stuff, and the more I have read, I am off that. I'd rather have Hackenberg. Kevin Hogan has lots of fans, but unless he gets the Aaron Rodgers' mechanics change, his windup and noddle arm aren't NFL caliber

I actually like a lot of the lower round QB talent in this draft. Everyone needs a lot of development, but the Eagles at least have a good setup for that. Any rookie wouldn't be expected to start for at least two years barring injury. I'm hoping one of Cardale Jones, Dak Prescott, or Jacoby Brissett are available around the 4th or 5th. Pederson had a private workout with Hogan, but I don't think he'll be going for him

squicken

I hate this Ezekiel Elliot shit. Cowboys need defenders!

Is the succession plan to Romo a 2011 Colts collapse and high pick? Seems like you guys just had that, and now is the time to get the QB. I'm not joking. If Wentz or Goff are good enough, seems like a great team that can draft and stash the heir apparent

Is the succession plan to Romo a 2011 Colts collapse and high pick? Seems like you guys just had that, and now is the time to get the QB. I'm not joking. If Wentz or Goff are good enough, seems like a great team that can draft and stash the heir apparent
What seems most likely to me is that we trade down, grab someone like Hargreaves, then trade up to grab Paxton in the 2nd/late 1st

bionic77

It makes me happy the Lakers wasted last years pick on Deangelo Russell.. League will probably hand them the number 1 pick now...
Maybe Russell had a good reason to snitch out his teammate like that.

I mean your fanbase seems to be filled with snitches all over the place. What causes a man to snitch on his brothers and friends?

bionic77

I'm guessing Kobe taught Russell, but who taught Kobe?
Obviously it was a bad habit he picked up from watching Jordan as a kid.

I mean how the hell did the cops know to look in Pippen's truck where the found enough weaponry to arm a small army? There was obviously a bald headed rat in the organization...

Draxal

I've never even heard of Jordan Howard. And I've looked at a lot of mock drafts.

RB from UAB who transferred to Indiana after UAB's football program got killed by Bear Bryant Jr. He's good, but I liked Tevin Coleman from Indiana last year better, and he was drafted in the third round.

gutshot

RB from UAB who transferred to Indiana after UAB's football program got killed by Bear Bryant Jr. He's good, but I liked Tevin Coleman from Indiana last year better, and he was drafted in the third round.

Yeah, I just clicked through Walter Football's full mock draft and he didn't have Howard getting picked until the 4th round. Ike Taylor is crazy.

It makes me happy the Lakers wasted last years pick on Deangelo Russell.. League will probably hand them the number 1 pick now...

No! Sixers get #1 and Lakers get #4 so that also goes to the Sixers. Now that the league has their boy Coangelo running the Sixers they are finally going to let them win the lottery.

bionic77

No! Sixers get #1 and Lakers get #4 so that also goes to the Sixers. Now that the league has their boy Coangelo running the Sixers they are finally going to let them win the lottery.
Even though it would be nice to have an actual NBA team to watch in Philadelphia I really don't want to see this happen.

Lakers fans have never suffered like we have since Kobe's achilles blew up. We have been so spoiled over the past 30 years going from Kareem, to Magic, to Cedric, to Kobe (was a slight drop-off with Kobe but it speaks to his greatness how small of a drop-off it was). And now we have fucking clowns like Hibbert playing a game I am not familiar with. And our best prospect is a fuckboy who rats on his teammates wives' for fun.

Please God. Make it stop. I want to have fun watching the Lakers again...

Even though it would be nice to have an actual NBA team to watch in Philadelphia I really don't want to see this happen.

Lakers fans have never suffered like we have since Kobe's achilles blew up. We have been so spoiled over the past 30 years going from Kareem, to Magic, to Cedric, to Kobe (was a slight drop-off with Kobe but it speaks to his greatness how small of a drop-off it was). And now we have fucking clowns like Hibbert playing a game I am not familiar with. And our best prospect is a fuckboy who rats on his teammates wives' for fun.

It is crazy to hear that none of his teammates will sit with him at lunch or talk to him. What a mess. David Aldridge reported at the trade deadline that the Lakers tried to shop him to every team in the league. At the time it sounded crazy but now it makes sense.

Line_HTX

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 23m23 minutes ago

Bill O'Brien is right: Free agency rules need to change http://wp.me/p14QSB-a0U7

Thankfully Osweiler's presser gives me hope that they'll gel, but I'm cautious about the interaction between the two.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Excuse me while my eyes roll the fuck out of my skull after reading "Lakers fans" and "suffer" in the same sentence.

This is what Pats fans will sound like in 5 years!

I don't get the push for the Eagles to take an RB so high in the draft. Ryan Matthews, while injury prone, was very good last season, and he didn't even get a ton of opportunities. They still have Sproles as a second back who has shown no signs of regressing as of yet. Seems like a position they can try to fill later in the draft because if they miss it's not the end of the world. They have the Barner kid, but he's basically an unknown at this point and probably not great.

It's one thing if Ezekiel Elliot is available, because he could be the sort of player that defines and offense, but that is a rare trait with RBs. If Wentz falls that far I'd rather the Eagles took him.

bionic77

Excuse me while my eyes roll the fuck out of my skull after reading "Lakers fans" and "suffer" in the same sentence.

This is what Pats fans will sound like in 5 years!
Don't you ever compare us to those disgusting animals!

The Lakers never cheated (on the court, if we are talking about on their wives well shit is relaxed on that front in the NBA)!

We gave the world Magic Johnson, Showtime, Cedric the Great and even a cure for AIDS! We even gave you Pat Riley and his marvelous hair! I didn't even get to Kobe or the Laker girls!

The Pats have done nothing but evil during their time on this blessed planet. We are the exact opposite of them. There are no asterisks on our titles!

Laker fans are also extremely intelligent, good looking, kind and almost impossible to hate. We are the exact opposite of the Pats.

I admit that we had it good for a long time and we are spoiled. But don't compare us to the Pats! If you mean it we are through weinke. For real! Not like one of those weird games animus play with their anime pillows before they have make up pillow sex! If you mean this then we are done.

Top Bottom