• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Maybe in terms of gaming. Who knows it could just end up being niche there.

There are too many applications in the real world for it to fail long term outside of gaming imo.

I think at worst VR finds a high-end niche on PC, like hardcore flight and driving sims. People already spend enough on wheels, pedals, flight sticks, etc that those peripherals continue to be viable products. A VR headset would take over for Track IR gear and extra monitors.

me8vbHD.jpg

squicken

That's not middle of the road. That's bad.
We can talk all day about the Jags tier opponents in week 4 of the NFL, but if your Franchise guy can't win you a late November game what use is he?

I've said this before, but the worst QB are guys like Alex Smith. Guys who are competent and can manage the shit out of a game but you know deep down will never come through in the clutch.

Alex Smith was a couple of Kyle Williams fumbles from winning a SB. There are like 5 guys that can win games by themselves against good defenses. And every single one of them will get wrecked by an awesome defense complemented by a game manager QB

e: Good to see the USMT didn't soil itself again. Sorry, BG

Slo

Alex Smith was a couple of Kyle Williams fumbles from winning a SB. There are like 5 guys that can win games by themselves against good defenses. And every single one of them will get wrecked by an awesome defense complemented by a game manager QB

TEDDY! TEDDY! TEDDY! TEDDY!

cdyhybrid

Friend squicken, did you see the Harvard Sports Analysis link I posted earlier?

squicken

Friend squicken, did you see the Harvard Sports Analysis link I posted earlier?

Just now reading it. Cool link. I know Faroq has some stuff on the various drills. I think bashing the Combine is one of those the Twitter mob fell in love with, but I never felt that way. I've never really thought about it too long, but the drills that measure explosiveness have always had more weight to me. Even the bench, I guess I knew that guards and CBs needed it. But OT's longer arms made it less useful. I think his point about WRs being too varied a role is right. Slot guys need different physical skills than outside guys

Biggest surprise is that the Combine matters for QBs. I wouldn't have thought it mattered except for medicals and interviews. I still think pfref's AV is flawed stat, but it seems to be the one the stat guys all use. Thanks for linking the article!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Yeah people on both sides get really, really angry about this kind of thing.

It's another issue where I ride squarely on the fence.

Games that objectify women? Awesome!
Games where women aren't objectified? Also awesome!

Different products made for different people...awesome!

There's a broader discussion to be had about the balance between the two....but lord almighty do people get angry about it.

MechDX

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 2m2 minutes ago
I'm told #Houston WR Demarcus Ayers had a private workout with the New England #Patriots today. Excellent inside receiver with return skills

Called it! PatsU

Almost...funny word that.

That postseason was the absolute best of Alex Smith - where he defied the common wisdom on him as a quarterback and managed to play above his station and make some clutch plays. Does Alex have that in him again? That 49er team was stacked with talent, far more than the Eagles have now. If Bradford can't win a game or two by himself, how will he ever have postseason success?

Say what you will about Brady, but there was a point in the Super Bowl against the Seahawks in which you thought for sure the game was done. Pats were down two scores and fading. Brady engineered two touchdown drives to pull the Asterisks back in it. Swap Brady for Bradford. How does that go down?

You've watched a lot more of Bradford than I have, but I have never seen him in a game where I could say Bradford's performance put them over the top. Even in their upset of the Patriots last year the Eagles capitalized on a series of flukes, and Bradford didn't do anything to cock it up. If his ceiling is everything else needs to be perfect, may as well get Peyton and give him vet min.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
lol Lakers: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...lakers-rift-video-took-nick-young-made-public

Sources told ESPN.com that some teammates' trust in Russell is eroding after a video surfaced in the past week that shows Russell recording a private conversation between himself and teammate Nick Young. Young does not appear to realize he is being taped.

The video, which is believed to have come to light last week via the Twitter account of a celebrity gossip site, shows Russell filming Young while asking questions about Young being with other women. Young got engaged to Australian rapper Iggy Azalea last summer.

While it's unclear how the video became public, sources say the resulting tension in the Lakers' locker room in recent days was among the factors that contributed to L.A.'s limp showing in Salt Lake City on Monday night, when they absorbed a 48-point pounding from the Utah Jazz. The loss was the Lakers' worst in franchise history.

Top Bottom