• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

rando14

I hope that dragon bitch dies

BGFJcCQ.png
Gregory why

tbh, Sony can probably get away with alienating part of their PS4 userbase. Especially if it's the sacrifice they have to make to cash in on VR.

You don't hear about how Apple is alienating their userbase with their brutal upgrade cycles. People eat that shit up with a smile!

Hindl

My Macbook Pro can't do airplay, newer ones can, I need a new one if I want that feature. It's not alienating, it's what every consumer electronics market does.

I think a key difference is that consoles are a luxury, whereas today a smart phone and computer is practically essential. That makes it a lot easier to justify upgrading every two years

Slo

My kids expect to be able to throw away the tablets that I buy them just have me buy them a new one every year. Are gamers really still that sensitive about having their electronics replaced?

Or are we not talking about teenagers that have come to expect this kind of thing, instead we're talking about 30 somethings who's mom won't buy them another game console?

I think a key difference is that consoles are a luxury, whereas today a smart phone and computer is practically essential. That makes it a lot easier to justify upgrading every two years

You can get a smart phone for $49. An iPhone certainly isn't essential. Incremental updates for consoles makes more sense than major revisions.

Fox318

My kids expect to be able to throw away the tablets that I buy them just have me buy them a new one every year. Are gamers really still that sensitive about having their electronics replaced?

Or are we not talking about teenagers that have come to expect this kind of thing, instead we're talking about 30 somethings who's mom won't buy them another game console?

tell your kids to get a job.

I had my first job at 10 and was making 200 a week

which for 10 was awesome.

Slo

The local paper boy has his mom drive him around in as shitty Dodge Caravan
redundant?
. Kid hops out, delivers 3-4 papers, hops back in and she drives him half a block up.

#progress

Fox318

The local paper boy has his mom drive him around in as shitty Dodge Caravan
redundant?
. Kid hops out, delivers 3-4 papers, hops back in and she drives him half a block up.

#progress

I used one of the following depending on the day

• razer scooter with 4 bags attached to me
  • bike with 2 milk carts in it
  • shopping cart I lifted from a closing store

At one point I was paying somebody to do the work for me and i was still making a profit. I would pay the kids with rolls of singles because it made their eyes wide with the volume of cash.

Even though it wasn't actually a lot of money.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
At one point I was paying somebody to do the work for me and i was still making a profit. I would pay the kids with rolls of singles because it made their eyes wide with the volume of cash.

Even though it wasn't actually a lot of money.

n7dxwo7.gif

Drakeon

tbh, Sony can probably get away with alienating part of their PS4 userbase. Especially if it's the sacrifice they have to make to cash in on VR.

You don't hear about how Apple is alienating their userbase with their brutal upgrade cycles. People eat that shit up with a smile!

Difference is phones are used a lot more than consoles. I don't think people are willing to upgrade consoles every 2-3 years like they are phones.

Difference is phones are used a lot more than consoles. I don't think people are willing to upgrade consoles every 2-3 years like they are phones.
Used for what, though? What can your new phone do that your 18 month old one couldn't?

People are willing to upgrade because they've priced that in. There's no logical reason it should be ok.

Top Bottom