• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Mindlog

VoVfmXf.png
tbh, Sony can probably get away with alienating part of their PS4 userbase. Especially if it's the sacrifice they have to make to cash in on VR.

You don't hear about how Apple is alienating their userbase with their brutal upgrade cycles. People eat that shit up with a smile!
I don't believe the long term implications are being considered.
Consoles have been predicated on the loss leading mentality. This gen started a big step back from that ledge and now we're walking in the other direction. A mid-cycle refresh suggests that keeping the price high is a valid path to make money. If money can be made on hardware then what's to stop other companies from wanting a piece of that pie? 3D0 failed in part because the companies creating the machines couldn't make enough profit on the the machines themselves. Now we have two of the biggest players doing exactly that.

Open standard one console future.

MechDX

Now that BG has squickened to the Steelers Kave needs to leave the Browns. Join me Kave and fulfill your destiny! Together we can lead NFL GAF into a new dark age

I don't believe the long term implications are being considered.
Consoles have been predicated on the loss leading mentality. This gen started a big step back from that ledge and now we're walking in the other direction. A mid-cycle refresh suggests that keeping the price high is a valid path to make money. If money can be made on hardware then what's to stop other companies from wanting a piece of that pie? 3D0 failed in part because the companies creating the machines couldn't make enough profit on the the machines themselves. Now we have two of the biggest players doing exactly that.

Open standard one console future.
Eh.

Consoles are one part market capture (for licensing dollars), one part standardization, one part DRM. Other players have always been free to try -- it's easier said than done. People rightfully give Nintendo shit for their 3rd party support, but if EA tried to roll out a console it would be the most hilarious and catastrophic failure since the 90s.

There is no money in hardware now, and there will not be any time in the near future. Unless you're Apple, of course.

Sony is doing this to push other technologies -- 4K (they still own bluray, right? What will 4K discs be sold on? Bluray, right?), VR. They sacrificed the first couple years of the PS3's life to win the bluray/HD-DVD format war, so this isn't really anything new.

MechDX

J.J. Watt Played With A Herniated Disk In 2015 Season
Houston (CBS HOUSTON) – Houston Texans defensive end J.J. Watt played four games last year with a broken hand and a club/cast of some sort. The three-time defensive player of the year said on Wednesday on The Triple Threat with Sean Pendergast, Rich Lord and Ted Johnson on SportsRadio 610 that he played some time with a herniated disk in his back as well.

“Last year, was definitely by far the most strenuous on my body that I’ve ever had, fighting through a bunch of things that I’ve never dealt with before,” Watt told the Triple Threat. “We had the broken hand. I had a herniated disk in my back halfway through the year. I had, obviously, everything that went on with my groins and I don’t think everyone fully understand what that proccess was like.”

Damn and still was DPOY.

Here le me pre-emptive post for the haters:
"Too bad he is wasting away in Houston"
"Oh look he is needing to be in the spotlight"
"Such a media whore"

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The gamer gate thing totally passed me by and I feel like I missed absolutely nothing important

Recently it seems some mid level chick at Nintendo, who happened to be an outspoken feminist, was basically dragged through the mud by the Internet because people thought she had something to do with censorship. As a result Nintendo fired her.

As if fucking censorship isn't discussed and decided upon in a damn board room by VPs. Nintendo doesn't give a shit about censorship but they do care about sales. Literally no one is saying "hey lets censor this game, even though it'll sell less copies now, because we're SJWs". Companies don't care that much.

Sorry just read up on this latest thing and I'm kinda livid.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Recently it seems some mid level chick at Nintendo, who happened to be an outspoken feminist, was basically dragged through the mud by the Internet because people thought she had something to do with censorship. As a result Nintendo fired her.

The official story is Nintendo not approving of her moonlighting gig. The whole GG stuff also happening though is awfully coincidental timing-wise.

I'd tread lightly on speculating on the subject outside of the discussion thread given the gaming side thread mess and all the rules being laid down over there on it. Better safe than sorry!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The official story is Nintendo not approving of her moonlighting gig. The whole GG stuff also happening though is awfully coincidental timing-wise.

I'd tread lightly on speculating on the subject outside of the discussion thread given the gaming side thread mess and all the rules being laid down over there on it. Better safe than sorry!

Noted!

Ordered the Deluxe version of FFXV on Amazon. $71.99 before taxes for Prime members.

I really wished the Deluxe copy would of had the soundtrack. Then I would of gotten the disc version. The CE is way to expensive for me right now so I'm a just let it pass and buy this digitally.

Damn no art book with the deluxe copy?? Was going to order the collectors but 270? yeah....no....the deluxe will do....also I'm getting KH/FFXII vibes from FFXV which is awesome :D

MechDX

Rumor about Glennon to the Jets with Mo Wilkerson included is interesting.

Wilkerson would have to agree to a new deal. His cap hit now is 15.7 million. Bucs have around 9 million in space and Glennon would only add around 1.7 in space when traded

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Mods should change your names to wienku and hellomynameiscreeps

Id probably get one that said "the captain" that linked to an Ace Ventura YouTube talking about how he found captain winky.

With a name like mine, it's better to not tempt fate.

Line_HTX

I think what Chris needs is that Astros player that tried to dive into 2nd base but his face met with the ass.

That gif was legendary.

Fantomex

Hi my night owl friends. Did i hear my boy BG is joining me in ramsnation?

Xia when am i gonna get my Lonesome Dove Ramnsation tag fam? Im here representing by myself.

Top Bottom