• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

I'm having tacos for dinner. Made a batch of carnitas with some pork shoulder last night.

That's how I run em at the beach. No bueno?

I'm down for more tacos, can I be there at 7 or is that too early?

Well that's 1. Get 6 more and you will be even.

BTW, Miller tore them up. That same Miller who is going to look great in Battle Red this upcoming fall

158.3 passer rating, 18-for-19 passing for 282 yards and 4 TDs....

#Checkthestats
#:kas

MechDX

I'm down for more tacos, can I be there at 7 or is that too early?

158.3 passer rating, 18-for-19 passing for 282 yards and 4 TDs....

#Checkthestats
#:kas

How many were YAC? BTW thanks for the ass whooping wake up call. Appreciate it.

Why is it that the Texans fans here are the biggest shit talkers?

Dutch. I found a place that has peanut sauce for the fries!

Does it bother you?

jbug617

Banned
Ce_Z_b9XEAE_llf.jpg

Slo

There's no such thing as nonprofit, one of my hospitals I work at is "nonprofit" but fuck do they cut back as much as they can. For example, the ED is full, why? Because they were forced to send nurses on the floor home to save money.

Disagree. The Mayo Clinic is a non-profit, and the way that they maintain that status is to spend spend spend spend. My father was a Union Construction Laborer, and he spent a good percentage of his career remodeling the same damned rooms in the Mayo Clinic over and over again. Build a building. Knock it down. Remodel a room in May. Redo in October. All to make sure the books say $0 at the end of the year.

Clearly this is a better approach than charging people less for their services.

MRSA

Banned
Disagree. The Mayo Clinic is a non-profit, and the way that they maintain that status is to spend spend spend spend. My father was a Union Construction Laborer, and he spent a good percentage of his career remodeling the same damned rooms in the Mayo Clinic over and over again. Build a building. Knock it down. Remodel a room in May. Redo in October. All to make sure the books say $0 at the end of the year.

Clearly this is a better approach than charging people less for their services.

Okay let me reword it, 99% of nonprofits are for profits institutions. I guess you can put county hospitals in that 1% because they bleed money like no other.

A lot of these places hide behind "nonprofit" but why are they telling our departments that we have to cut labor cost by 10hrs per day per department per work group (RN, PCAs, Techs)?

Slo

What kind of grad school?

CompSci. Probably from the U of Minnesota. Worried that it's not worth my time or my $40k. My goal is to work my way to a Director+ level title, but I'm not sure if a MS would actually help me get traction in that direction.

CompSci. Probably from the U of Minnesota. Worried that it's not worth my time or my $40k. My goal is to work my way to a Director+ level title, but I'm not sure if a MS would actually help me get traction in that direction.
I have a BS in CS. I've considered going back, but not in CS. If I was to go back, it would be really hard to justify paying for it -- during my time there, I'd be an asset to the university.

For what little that's worth. MBA might help more than a technical graduate degree if you're gunning for management. But job hopping is probably a more effective career strategy than going back to school, IMO.

Slo

I have a BS in CS. I've considered going back, but not in CS. If I was to go back, it would be really hard to justify paying for it -- during my time there, I'd be an asset to the university.

For what little that's worth. MBA might help more than a technical graduate degree if you're gunning for management. But job hopping is probably a more effective career strategy than going back to school, IMO.

Thanks, the MBA was my second thought. Honestly, I'd like to get my own gig started, so an MBA might help me work towards both goals.

I know what you're saying about justifying the cost and the time. I won't go so far as to say that I'd be an asset to the uni, but I've understand where you're coming from.

RBH

Hello friends.

For all of the casual/lapsed wrestling fans in this thread, I suggest you check out WWE's NXT special tonight!

If you sign up for the WWE Network with a new email address, your first month is free, so you'll get to see tonight's NXT show as well as tomorrow's Hall of Fame ceremony as well as WrestleMania on Sunday for free, and then you can cancel afterwards.

ZoHFPc4.jpg

20160302_HOF_Sting_1920x1080_mattel--f7526a5ba896f988350d78953ea2bcde.jpg

w0KuiQw.jpg

Be there.........or be square!
91O8tQU.gif

*folds arms and smiles*

MRSA

Banned
chang do you still have a fiesta? worth getting a ~2013 for around 8k?

Hatchback or sedan? Manual......wait you're a female, so you're getting automatic. I love my Fiesta and will upgrade to a next gen ST after I'm done with school. Actually I just love all hot hatches. If you get the sedan you suck at life.

Bread

Banned
Get a Tesla.
i have the money but it is tied up in so many different investments, i can only afford something under 10k now.

Hatchback or sedan? Manual......wait you're a female, so you're getting automatic. I love my Fiesta and will upgrade to a next gen ST after I'm done with school. Actually I just love all hot hatches. If you get the sedan you suck at life.
hatchback obviously, manual if necessary. i just want a hatchback and fiesta seems like the best option.

Top Bottom