• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Mindlog

tumblr_o0y5amQ8BT1s02vreo1_500.gif

Cute animals shall calm down the anger.
Well that and some drinks.
Angry drunks GTFO.

On a happy note. Fuck the Devils!

john telich ‏ @ JohnTelich8 now 9 seconds ago
Browns DB @ DonteWhitner has confirmed to me he has been released. # Browns
Pretty much have one starting safety right now in ibraheim campbell. On the negative/Bright side this is literally a whole new team.

Don't believe Browns fans will be crushed by the release. He did talk a lot lol. #BringBackWard

Edit: forgot about Mechs boy that we signed, but it's pretty much a 1 year prove it deal. Ohio state safeties come on down!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Pretty much have one starting safety right now in ibraheim campbell. On the negative/Bright side this is literally a whole new team.

Don't believe Browns fans will be crushed by the release. He did talk a lot lol. #BringBackWard

How do you think Whitner would be on our Steelers?

Lol how you gonna talk trash

Code:
2015 NFL Teams by Defense:

Pittsburgh	5809 yards	363.1 yards/game	19.9 points/game

Cleveland	6067 yards	379.2 yards/game	27.0 points/game
Damn the addition of Whitner to the steelers should make both defenses equally worse :")

Kave look at your boy Randall

Wes

venison crêpe

Edit: forgot about Mechs boy that we signed, but it's pretty much a 1 year prove it deal. Ohio state safeties come on down!

I read someone suggest earlier that maybe Desir could play FS?

How about its snowing Hard as fuck right now outside. Can't even see if you walk outside
I read someone suggest earlier that maybe Desir could play FS?
Idk about that ? Maybe ? Kinda like him at corner, You have to remember last season their was a lot of wierd stuff going on with Players getting in Pettines dog house and he just wouldn't play them. Campbell is one starter right now for sure, and he might be a upgrade or atleast even. Played well last season. On a bright side/naive Browns fans take, some of these younger players are gonna have to step into leadership roles. With I like............. for better/worse this is a whole new team. Maybe worse first ........but can we get worse then the worst record in the league we already had?

So what's the deal with Squidwards contract? I thought it was considered a team friendly deal, weren't the Broncos willing to shell out 16mil for Brock? But won't throw 11mil at Kaep.

Godslay

Banned
zswordsman said:
So what's the deal with Squidwards contract? I thought it was considered a team friendly deal, weren't the Broncos willing to shell out 16mil for Brock? But won't throw 11mil at Kaep.

That was prior to CJ, Okung, and some others.

Kaep's deal is team friendly in the sense that SF really doesn't pay a penalty for moving on from him. He's also below market for what was once a serviceable guy. It's year to year basically.

As far as the comparison between him and Osweiler? Kaep is devalued after a rough year plagued with injuries. Brock played decent enough to be paid borderline elite money. That's the difference moneywise. Elway didn't want to pay that for Oz, and it's looking like he likes Kaep but wants him for a price closer to what his value is now versus what he was paid when he was fully healthly and playing well.

Honestly would you rather have Kaep for $7M-$12M or Brock at $18M? That's a huge difference imo.

Drakeon

Brock hasn't proven shit given his stint last year, but Kap legitimately looked like a terrible QB quite a few times (in fact, there were probably multiple weeks he was the worst QB in the league last year, definitely the first game vs the Cardinals). Now, who's to say how much of that is injury, coaching, etc. I still think some of that meltdown falls to him. But I don't blame Kap for not wanting to take less because his salary became guaranteed yesterday, that's basically like stealing money from his bank account at this point.

His deal is also friendly in that it basically is structured so the team can get out of it any year without owing a bunch of money to him (unless they wait for the guaranteed money to kick in like it did this year).

effzee

That was prior to CJ, Okung, and some others.

Kaep's deal is team friendly in the sense that SF really doesn't pay a penalty for moving on from him. He's also below market for what was once a serviceable guy. It's year to year basically.

As far as the comparison between him and Osweiler? Kaep is devalued after a rough year plagued with injuries. Brock played decent enough to be paid borderline elite money. That's the difference moneywise. Elway didn't want to pay that for Oz, and it's looking like he likes Kaep but wants him for a price closer to what his value is now versus what he was paid when he was fully healthly and playing well.

Honestly would you rather have Kaep for $7M-$12M or Brock at $18M? That's a huge difference imo.

I'd rather have Kaep at 12M than Bradford at 18M per year.

Godslay

Banned
I'd rather have Kaep at 12M than Bradford at 18M per year.

Kaep at $12M isn't a bad deal. SF pays closer to $15M with roster and workout bonuses. Which would be good if there wasn't some bad blood there.

Hard to say who's more valuable considering the past.

I'm re watching the 30 for 30 on Randy Moss and the Patriots didn't want nothing to do with Moss at the draft but yet signed him later in his career. Lol Kraft

MRSA

Banned
I just got home from sex; congrats on the sex, condolences on getting bled on.

You know I get bled on all the time but something about getting bled on after the fact your penis was her vagina just makes you feel violated.

God I need a drink

Top Bottom