• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Happy Sunday

Bring Your Own Dance Gif

Unfortunately I'm gonna be too busy going to the store buying up all the Villanova gear and learning a Philly accent to find a GIF for youse.

squicken

CfHcmJIWQAA6ydx.jpg:large

I just got a news alert from ESPN that said the deal for Kap is coming down to whether the 9ers kick in a bit on his salary and Kap's reluctance to play for less.

Wes

venison crêpe
Idk about that ? Maybe ? Kinda like him at corner, You have to remember last season their was a lot of wierd stuff going on with Players getting in Pettines dog house and he just wouldn't play them. Campbell is one starter right now for sure, and he might be a upgrade or atleast even. Played well last season. On a bright side/naive Browns fans take, some of these younger players are gonna have to step into leadership roles. With I like............. for better/worse this is a whole new team. Maybe worse first ........but can we get worse then the worst record in the league we already had?

I like Desir at corner too. I just heard the possibility but wasn't sure how feasible a positional change actually is. I've not heard it happen much at all.

I dont think move means Ramsey at #2. I think it means trade down.

Godslay

Banned
Denver should really think over the fact that a team is choosing Blaine Gabbert over the QB they plan on starting

Depends on your perspective...

You could also look at it in the sense that you're getting a QB who led his team to within 5 yards of winning a Superbowl.

A change of scenery could be good under Kubes guidance.

If FMT still believes in Kaep, it's good enough for me.

I like Desir at corner too. I just heard the possibility but wasn't sure how feasible a positional change actually is. I've not heard it happen much at all.

I dont think move means Ramsey at #2. I think it means trade down.
Don't believe the move has any implications on pick #2.

squicken

Depends on your perspective...

I think with Kaep, it's a lot like RG3. Has the league caught up to them as far as the QB runs? Cam didn't become an MVP-type player until he started excelling as a passer. Kubes's offense is a good one for him, though. If they can get the run game going, there's lots of deep shots built in off play action.

It's hard to remember a SB winner going through this much turnover, though. I guess BAL had quite the offseason after they won

e: Pretty shitty what Cleveland did with Whitner. They knew long ago they were tanking. Why wait until now to release him, after the good money is gone in FA?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Don't believe the move has any implications on pick #2.

BG seriously speaking here:

If Cardale wasn't a Buckeye we probably wouldn't even be talking about him as potentially on our radar?

I only ask cause feels like everything I read has Cardale in a tier just slightly below Wentz/Goff/Lynch from Ohio beat writers.

Godslay

Banned
I think with Kaep, it's a lot like RG3. Has the league caught up to them as far as the QB runs? Cam didn't become an MVP-type player until he started excelling as a passer. Kubes's offense is a good one for him, though. If they can get the run game going, there's lots of deep shots built in off play action.

It's hard to remember a SB winner going through this much turnover, though. I guess BAL had quite the offseason after they won

The threat of a QB running is nearly as effective as the QB actually running.

Just fit him in this O and I think we'd be fine. No need to run him, just use his athleticism to make boots, rollouts, etc more effective. Pair that with his arm? It's a good fit. The reads are also fairly simplified, so he should be okay at least to start.

Plenty of concerns though. TOs and decision making need to be fixed, and I'd like to see some touch in his game early on. Might never happen of course.

Worth a shot for the right price and Elway has always liked him so it's probably going to happen.

Draxal

If Cardale wasn't a Buckeye we probably wouldn't even be talking about him as potentially on our radar?

I only ask cause feels like everything I read has Cardale in a tier just slightly below Wentz/Goff/Lynch from Ohio beat writers.

Cardale should have gone pro after the NC, everybody knew Barrett was the better fit for their offense.

You would be correct Kave.. the guy is a project.

Watching Trainwreck, Lebron is such a Great Actor 💆🏽

My Life is in shambles
Whats your current favoured choice for 2 and position choice for 32?
Qb at 2. I prefer Goff, but wouldn't be mad with Wentz. Would be happy any way, whoever hue picks.

At 32 we have so many needs who knows what players will fall. But obviously I want a wr. I'd like it if Docston or Mike Thomas was available. Would like to see us double up at wr during the draft. At some point we should address Rb too, a upgrade to Crow.

From the Ohio perpective he gets hyped up more from the locals. I don't think he's what we need lol. But I personally could see him goin relatively high 2/3rd roundish. I mean fuck! Logan Thomas went in the 3rd so can cardbae. If he goes to a team where he can sit and Develop like a Arizona who knows

Edit: I think that Ben Albright guy staked his rep on Cardale being the 2nd best Qb in the class haha

It's gonna be so hard outchea for ya boy if I have to deal with a year with both a Carolina Panthers Super Bowl loss and a Carolina basketball championship. What crimes did I commit against Tebow for him to troll me like this? Y God? Y? :(

gif8.gif

At least I have a
inevitably disappointing
Red Sox season and the Hornets in the playoffs to look forward to! :)

JABEE

e: Pretty shitty what Cleveland did with Whitner. They knew long ago they were tanking. Why wait until now to release him, after the good money is gone in FA?

Baltimore at least made sure they retained their franchise QB after that season. :Larry

squicken

When Bob Stoops said he was going to coach the BB team now that it was a big game, I knew it was trouble

Now I am cheering for the internet to put a crying Jordan face on a crying Michael Jordan as he watches the UNC game

Ravens knew their time was over.

Broncos know it too.

Denver should really think over the fact that a team is choosing Blaine Gabbert over the QB they plan on starting
Kap is still good, I don't care about last year. Shame we are likely to lose him but if Denver wants us to pay $5 mil of his salary we need a couple good draft picks (Two 2nds)

Top Bottom