• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Godslay

Banned
Uh, yeah it did, was that in dispute? The whole team has been busted down and rebuilt.

One could argue that the Ravens really only had 1 down year after winning the 2nd Superbowl. They were in the playoffs the year before and 4 points away from reaching the AFCCG, and last year were demolished by injuries. So I would consider them close to being rebuilt.

I just hope that it doesn't take the Broncos as long as it did the Steelers to rebuild their team.

One could argue that the Ravens really only had 1 down year after winning the 2nd Superbowl. They were in the playoffs the year before and 4 points away from reaching the AFCCG, and last year were demolished by injuries. So I would consider them close to being rebuilt.

I just hope that it doesn't take the Broncos as long as it did the Steelers to rebuild their team.

5 years? As a Broncos fan you should be begging for that quick a rebuild.

And you clearly know nothing about the Ratbirds if you think their talent level is anywhere close to where it was their Super Bowl year.

The Ravens are definitely a sleeper team this coming season. Those injuries were a key piece of their record. They'll be playing a 3rd place schedule.

With that said, both Smith and Suggs--two very key vocal leaders of the team--suffered significant late career injuries that are hard to come back from. But if anyone is looking at their record last year and assuming they're not a playoff candidate team, they're assuming wrongly.

It would, wouldn't it?

Unfortunately, baalke is a doucher who thinks he knows better than good coaches.

Which might be why he's not listening to Chip.

Hunter S.

lay off the smokes, they're frying your brain.
I have not been around enough to make a good comeback. Your anti-tobacco posts make me want to punch you, but I do need to quit completely. Problem is coworkers and family smoke. So hard to escape social smoking several times a week you cunt.

The Ravens are definitely a sleeper team this coming season. Those injuries were a key piece of their record. They'll be playing a 3rd place schedule.

With that said, both Smith and Suggs--two very key vocal leaders of the team--suffered significant late career injuries that are hard to come back from. But if anyone is looking at their record last year and assuming they're not a playoff candidate team, they're assuming wrongly.

Those two losses (particularly Suggs) should not be taken lightly.

Baltimore's front 7 has been devastated. In the past few years they lost Lewis, Reed, Ngata, Upshaw, and Suggs. So far they only have one competent replacement - CJ Mosley. Matt Elam, Reeds heir, is likely to be cut or traded. Dumervil is pass rusher only and his contemporary (Upshaw) is gone. Many of their defensive picks in recent years, like Arthur Jones, have not panned out.

I could go on - Lardarius Webb, once considered a top 10 corner, is going into TC with a conversion to safety in mind.

None of this is mentioning the offense, in which Flacco and Smith aren't expected to start week 1. The NFL also gutted the bread and butter of the Rats offense - chop blocks. The Ravens are a well coached team and they could overcome all this, but near the end of a rebuild? No.

Deacon is the only one right about the Ravens. The injuries last season covered for how bad this team would have been if healthy. There are no strengths on this team anymore. Run D is meh, Pass D is garbage. Offense is shit everywhere. This team ain't even close to rebuilt. It can't be, as long as Flacco is QB giving top 20 QB play on top 3 QB pay.

Edit: And I posted this before I saw his recent comment.

Godslay

Banned
5 years? As a Broncos fan you should be begging for that quick a rebuild.

And you clearly know nothing about the Ratbirds if you think their talent level is anywhere close to where it was their Super Bowl year.

I'm not begging for anything, because it shouldn't take that long. 5 years is an eternity to turn a team around.

As far as the Ravens, they'll be perennial contenders. Newsome will restock the cupboards, injured players will return. I know you can't handle hearing that, but they've been in the mix just about every year going on a close to a decade now.

I think I've been hearing you say that the Ratbirds are shit for about as long. Maybe you'll be right this time though. I'm sure we'll all hear about it when it happens so write the post number down.

I'm not begging for anything, because it shouldn't take that long. 5 years is an eternity to turn a team around.

As far as the Ravens, they'll be perennial contenders. Newsome will restock the cupboards, injured players will return. I know you can't handle hearing that, but they've been in the mix just about every year going on a close to a decade now.

I think I've been hearing you say that the Ratbirds are shit for about as long. Maybe you'll be right this time though. I'm sure we'll all hear about it when it happens so write the post number down.

How long did it take the Broncos to turn the team around after their 98 Super Bowl win?

The Rats were 5-11 last year. They were a shitty kicker away from 4-12. You consider that rebuilt? Good on you bruh
You've read me saying the Rats are shit for ages? Receipts please.

Godslay

Banned
How long did it take the Broncos to turn the team around after their 98 Super Bowl win?

The Rats were 5-11 last year. They were a shitty kicker away from 4-12. You consider that rebuilt? Good on you bruh.

They had 1 down year, returned to the playoffs the year after that. Then had three consecutive years of playoff appearances, with the peak being the AFCCG in 05'.

So 4 playoff appearances in 5 years after the 98' season. No SB wins, but playoffs indicate that the team was heading in the right direction.

This was followed by 3 years of Shanahan fading out, and 2 years of McD shitting things up. So a five year stretch of garbage which was basically lost years.

Then Elway took over and here we are. Essentially rebuilt the team on the fly in less than 5.

Ravens also lost the majority of their team due to injury. If you insist that losing 2 players is gutting a team, then losing 18 players including your starting QB must be akin to a nuclear bomb going off. No wonder they were 5-11 and a shitty team. Nobody survives seasons like that.

Season prior they had the Patriots dead to rights in NE in the playoffs, right up until the middle of the 4th quarter, on the way to the AFCCG.

So it's hard for me to believe that they won't return to where they once where when healthy. They've proven they can do it, and an injured plagued season won't convince me otherwise.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
oLeq0U5.gif
oLeq0U5.gif
oLeq0U5.gif

Fuck. Kars 4 Kids is on ESPN now?

There is nowhere to hide anymore.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

They had 1 down year, returned to the playoffs the year after that. Then had three consecutive years of playoff appearances, with the peak being the AFCCG in 05'.

So 4 playoff appearances in 5 years after the 98' season. No SB wins, but playoffs indicate that the team was heading in the right direction.

This was followed by 3 years of Shanahan fading out, and 2 years of McD shitting things up. So a five year stretch of garbage which was basically lost years.

Then Elway took over and here we are. Essentially rebuilt the team on the fly in less than 5.

Ravens also lost the majority of their team due to injury. If you insist that losing 2 players is gutting a team, then losing 18 players including your starting QB must be akin to a nuclear bomb going off. No wonder they were 5-11 and a shitty team. Nobody survives seasons like that.

Season prior they had the Patriots dead to rights in NE in the playoffs, right up until the middle of the 4th quarter, on the way to the AFCCG.

So it's hard for me to believe that they won't return to where they once where when healthy. They've proven they can do it, and an injured plagued season won't convince me otherwise.

5-11 Doesn't count cuz injuries. Gotcha. Ravens started the season 0-4 before the injuries started nailing them hard.

Since Super Bowl XLV Steelers have only missed the playoffs twice - 2012 and 2013. Does making the playoffs = rebuilt? If yes then hey, Everyone's great!

Still waiting on those Ravens are shit receipts btw.

chip has already proven he is a good coach in the NFL. baalke didn't listen to harbs either.

We ain't giving you a 2nd for Kap lol. We might consider a 3rd because of the compensatory picks we are getting.

i can say a lot of negative things about baalke (all true), but one positive i will say about him is he usually doesn't get ripped off in a trade. if the broncos expect us to pay $5 mil of his salary, we aren't getting less than at least a 2nd round pick and likely more than that. if baalke trades kap for a 3rd rounder AND pays that $5 mil, then the only positive he has as a GM has also vanished

Godslay

Banned
5-11 Doesn't count cuz injuries. Gotcha. Ravens started the season 0-4 before the injuries started nailing them hard.

Since Super Bowl XLV Steelers have only missed the playoffs twice - 2012 and 2013. Does making the playoffs = rebuilt? If yes then hey, Everyone's great!

Still waiting on those Ravens are shit receipts btw.

How about the year the won the SB?

Plenty of receipts that year...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45303080&postcount=4

As much as I love hearing you guys argue about how good the Ravens are, Deacon, you never stop saying the Ravens are shit. I want the receipts where you say they're aren't shit.

Godslay

Banned
You know I would figure when you accused me of calling the Rats shit "for ages" you could back it up with more than a one liner post made after the Rats lost their third game in a row on their way to losing 4 of their last 5.

The tip of the iceberg. It basically went on all season as far as I recall.

Top Bottom