• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Syrinx

Wow, sorry for your luck. When did you first start noticing issues with your vision? I know it's typically during the adolescent years.

It's a relatively benign procedure. I've tagged along for a couple and been amazed at how quickly they can be done.
My mom has it so I got tested for it really young. I've.worn glasses for as long as I can remember.

@realskipbayless said:
My take: Peyton wanted to play another year or 2 but prospect of weekly interview sessions keeping controversies alive prompted retirement.

smh. I always wonder how this clown gets paid to talk sports. Unreal.

squicken

Good luck on the surgery, Syrinx

-Manziel isn't Leaf or Russell. Those guys were the 2nd and first overall picks in their drafts. That's a huge difference from 22nd. Especially Russell, for all the cap room he took. I'm not arguing JFF wasn't a spectacular flameout. Just that he represented far less organizational capital than the other two

Heck the Rams had Jason Smith and Greg Robinson drafted 2nd overall. Smith was a huge bust and Robinson is well on his way. The Rams took Chris Long, Bradford, Robinson and Smith either 1 or 2 overall and didn't get a single Pro Bowl out of it. Worst drafting team in football

Good luck on the surgery, Syrinx

-Manziel isn't Leaf or Russell. Those guys were the 2nd and first overall picks in their drafts. That's a huge difference from 22nd. Especially Russell, for all the cap room he took. I'm not arguing JFF wasn't a spectacular flameout. Just that he represented far less organizational capital than the other two

Heck the Rams had Jason Smith and Greg Robinson drafted 2nd overall. Smith was a huge bust and Robinson is well on his way. The Rams took Chris Long, Bradford, Robinson and Smith either 1 or 2 overall and didn't get a single Pro Bowl out of it. Worst drafting team in football

Now that they're in LA their prospects in free agency should improve somewhat, at least.

get-well-soon.gif

Chicago Bears expected to pursue Patriots' Akiem Hicks

The window for NFL teams to begin negotiating with agents of unrestricted free agents opens tomorrow at Noon (EST), and the rumors regarding potential landing spots for some of the top available veterans will start circulating like gossip in a high school hallway.

The Bears are one day ahead of the curve when it comes to the rumor mill, as it was reported earlier today by ESPN’s Mike Reiss that the Chicago Bears are likely to be in play for Patriots’ free agent defensive tackle Akiem Hicks.

Reiss explains that the Bears’ familiarity with Hicks — Ryan Pace was a member of the Saints organization when Hicks was drafted by New Orleans in the third round of the 2012 NFL draft — is one key piece to the puzzle. Combine that familiarity with the Bears need to add defensive ends who can play in their hybrid 3-4 alignment, and the connection between the two is strong.

Despite his background as a Canadian college football player, Hicks emerged as a starter for the Saints in his second year and was relatively productive. He started all 16 games and totaled 56 tackles and 4.5 sacks. In total, he started 33 games for the Saints before being dealt to the Patriots last September.

Hicks didn’t register any starts for the Patriots in 2015, but he was a key contributor to their defensive line’s rotation and is considered by many as their top priority this off-season.

Chris, you may have just saved me hundreds of dollars.

Anyone have any experience with kindle fire?

I've heard mixed things about them, but a friend of mine bought 2 for his kids for that exact reason (they are Minecraft fiends) and hasn't had many complaints. They aren't state of the art by any means but they seem to get the job done.

My wife has/had one. The Amazon software is slow. Lasted about a year before it went kaput. I wouldn't recommend them unless you're just looking for a short-term solution.

How about a Nexus 7 (2013) via eBay? I'm still attached to mine.

I own a Kindle Fire and really enjoy it. I mostly read books, but whenever I do some gaming, it's worked fine. I once had a game that would immediately crash after start-up, so I had to delete it and reinstall.

My nine year old niece has one too. She only plays games on it, and loves it. The only problem is the battery life when she uses it a lot. If you're mindful of that, I don't think it would be much of a problem.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Looking at the list, Gay is the one I'd really like to have back. What's the general impression of McClendon? I think DHB is gone; Coates is gonna move up to #4.

I know everyone thinks Gay is a shoe-in resign, but it's probably his last chance at getting a good contract. I'd push it to free agency if I were him.

McClendon is decent, but how much is he worth? An average nose tackle in a league where you have to play nickel all the time. He'd be more valuable if he can play DE in the nickel. I think he can do that, but I also don't think I'd give him much of a raise.

If I'm Kevin Colbert, I'd see if Boykin would sign for Cortez Allen's contract. Probably not.

Everyone else can come back for minimum wage or hit the bricks. jmo

Top Bottom