• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

rando14

How are the Super Sonics doing?

ceu1epjwmaablmv.jpg

CPACJRW.gif

*puts on fedora and steps backward into shadows

Will be really weird to see how the next couple years play out in the NBA with the effed up cap situation.

Could easily see another superteam forming somewhere.

RBH

Former Dallas Cowboy's football player Joseph Randle has been arrested this morning for failure to appear.

A Sedgwick County sheriff's deputy confirms that Randle was brought into the jail after 1 a.m. Jail records show he is being held on a $150,000 bond.

Randle was released on bond last Tursday after an arrest on Feb. 21. The 24-year-old allegedly hit three people with his car and then forced his way into a home.

Ex-Cowboy Joseph Randle arrested in Wichita on battery, drug charges

He is charged with four counts of aggravated battery, and one count each of criminal threat, criminal damage to property and possession of marijuana in connection to that case. The deputy could not confirm whether Sunday morning's arrest is connected.

Randle has been arrested six times in the past 17 months.
http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/Joseph-Randle-arrested-overnight-371193071.html

RBH

Los Angeles Rams running back Tre Mason was subdued with a Taser and arrested Saturday night in Hollywood, Florida, according to a Broward County Clerk of Courts police report.

The Hollywood Police Department arrested Mason on suspicion of possession of marijuana, reckless driving, failure to register a motor vehicle and resisting arrest.

"We are very disappointed to learn of an incident involving Tre Mason in the Miami, Fla. area Saturday afternoon," the Rams said in a statement on Sunday. "We are in the process of obtaining more information about the facts surrounding this incident and will have no further comment at this time."

An officer started following Mason after seeing him drive more than twice the speed limit in a 35 mph zone. The officer says Mason drove away from him and only stopped when his car was blocked by another vehicle.

The officer says Mason refused to give his name or provide his driver's license. The officer also says he smelled marijuana in Mason's Porsche.

The officer says he then told Mason he was under arrest and asked him to exit the vehicle, but, according to the police report, Mason refused and tried to "brace himself" inside the car and showed "great resistance" when officers tried to pull him out. The officer says Mason was given several warnings before "a Taser was utilized on the driver to subdue him."

Mason was taken into custody, and then taken to a local hospital for medical clearance.

Mason was a third-round pick in the 2014 NFL draft and he quickly became the starter in his rookie season, rushing for 765 yards and four touchdowns in 12 games. His role was diminished last year after the Rams drafted running back Todd Gurley with the 10th pick in the 2015 draft.

With Gurley getting most of the work, Mason rushed for 207 yards and a touchdown last season. He also was deactivated for the team's game against Baltimore on Nov. 22 because he missed the team bus to the airport.

At last month's NFL scouting combine, Rams coach Jeff Fisher said this would be an important offseason for Mason.

"Tre has got to have a great offseason program," Fisher said. "That, in itself, is going to be a challenge for us because it's going to take place out in Southern California. We're expecting, hoping, that everybody comes in. We drafted Tre for a reason. When you look at that position, when you're talking about Todd and Tre and then Benny [Cunningham], I think that's as good a group as you'll find in the league, from a depth standpoint. Then the difference [is] their abilities and what they do. I think Tre realizes he has to put the commitment in, wherever he is, and have a great preseason."
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14915501/los-angeles-rams-rb-tre-mason-tasered-arrested-florida

jbug617

Banned
Rapsheet say that Mario Williams next visit is with the Giants. He says there is a good chance that he signs with them.

WedgeX

Banned
Lawrence Jackson, on the Lions form 2010-2012 and who was awesome, is unfortunately a case study in mental health problems following a career in the NFL.

Detroit Free Press said:
By the time summer rolled around, with his mind in a deepening depression, Lawrence Jackson’s casual interest in suicide had turned into full-blown infatuation.

He drove by one bridge and thought to himself, “Damn, I can jump off that bridge.” He stopped himself from driving to another.

One day, as he held a kitchen knife in his hand, he thought, “Are you serious, or are you not about this?” Another, after he had made plans to pay off his mother’s house so she wouldn’t be burdened by debt, he wrapped a belt around his neck.

“I squeezed it a little bit,” Jackson told the Free Press last week. “It was like, ‘OK, this is what asphyxiation feels like.’ And it was at that point I was like, ‘OK, you know what? This is getting a bit too far.’ ”

One of the most engaging players in the locker room with the Lions in 2010-12, a defensive end known for his sometimes too cerebral approach to the game, Jackson is part of a growing number of former players who have had trouble coping with life after football, sometimes to disastrous results.

“It’s one of those things where, like, you feel that because you feel this way that you’re inadequate, that something’s wrong with you,” Jackson said. “That you’re the only one feeling like this and it’s a despicable place and if people knew, like they would look down on you or they would be like, ‘Well, you’ve lived your dream. You’ve got your money. ... You don’t have anything to be sad about or feel like this about.’ And it’s just kind of like, ‘You don’t understand.’ All that stuff is separate from the soul and the spirit which, if that’s not there, man, it’s like a ghost ship.”

Oh. And another reason to hate Schwartz.

With the Lions, Jackson said he didn’t get along with former coach Jim Schwartz. “I (bleeping) hate Schwartz,” he said. He said he didn’t appreciate the way in which Schwartz dealt with players and took umbrage with people in the organization who believed he was soft.

edit:

And he's only 30.

Syrinx

Dang, so young to be dealing with cataracts. Any trauma or genetic component or related to any medications you've taken in the past?

All the best.
I have retinitis pigmentosa which apparently in addition to all the other ways it makes my eyes shitty, apparently leads to developing cataracts way sooner, or at least it can. The procedure isn't supposed to be overly look long or difficult but it's the first time I've ever had something like this done.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I have retinitis pigmentosa which apparently in addition to all the other ways it makes my eyes shitty, apparently leads to developing cataracts way sooner, or at least it can. The procedure isn't supposed to be overly look long or difficult but it's the first time I've ever had something like this done.

Go to Walmart and see if you can pick up one of these babies. You're going to need it for a day or two.

pirate-eye-patch2.jpg

RBH

Wow, sorry for your luck. When did you first start noticing issues with your vision? I know it's typically during the adolescent years for a lot of RP patients.

It's a relatively benign procedure. I've tagged along for a couple and been amazed at how quickly they can be done.

Top Bottom