• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Line_HTX

Houston is forced to overpay for a quarterback no matter who it is. The fanbase is super pissed off about this whole no quarterback thing.

Of course, that goes without saying. Wouldn't you be infuriated at everyone at the top of the organization for not developing one last year or two years ago?

Hindl

that nioh game is looking pretty good despite it being a souls clone in presentation and mostly in combat as well

The shame of it is this game has been announced for longer than Souls games have been a thing. It was originally supposed to come out in 2006 but kept getting delayed, and then Souls happened in the meantime

Ed Werder
Ed Werder – Verified account ‏@Edwerderespn

#Giants have informed WR Victor Cruz they will release him unless he agrees to pay cut. Negotiations under way, per source
7:08 AM - 7 Mar 2016

Expected. No way he was getting paid 9 million.

MechDX

Benjamin Allbright ‏@AllbrightNFL 28s29 seconds ago
QB with the highest % of their contract guaranteed (non franchise tag) is Joe Flacco (66.3% of contract).

In a class of his own and Elite as fuck!

Tom Penny

Ive been saying it. RG III is the way to go. Highest ceiling but his floor is injured for the year....or you can pay Brock and Fitz 15 per...

MechDX

Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 2m2 minutes ago
I'm told #Texans punter Shane Lechler will be back in Houston on a one-year deal. Averaged 47.3 yard per punt last season.

shane-lechler-nfl-houston-texans-new-york-giants.jpg

QB issues solved!

AerialAir

Banned
The shame of it is this game has been announced for longer than Souls games have been a thing. It was originally supposed to come out in 2006 but kept getting delayed, and then Souls happened in the meantime

Do we even have a date on this one already? I hope it comes out before Toukiden 2...

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I thought Freeman was staying in Indy for sure. Weird. Must have gone over the taco allowance.

The Steelers reupped Robert Golden for 3 years and a total of $5M. Big spenders up in here!

Hindl

Jets. If they lose Fitz they will always sign the name.

Yeah good guess. Texans seem to be pushing for Brock, so Jets are probably the safe bet

Do we even have a date on this one already? I hope it comes out before Toukiden 2...

Nebulous 2016 last I checked. Hopefully all the magical dream project shit that's been announced in the last few years (this, TLG, FFXV, Persona 5, etc.) actually starts coming out this year instead of being continuously delayed

AerialAir

Banned
Nebulous 2016 last I checked. Hopefully all the magical dream project shit that's been announced in the last few years (this, TLG, FFXV, Persona 5, etc.) actually starts coming out this year instead of being continuously delayed

I bought a PS4 because of Persona 5 and those other games, if they don't come out, things won't be looking so good for SCE.

Hindl

I bought a PS4 because of Persona 5 and those other games, if they don't come out, things won't be looking so good for SCE.

Same, along with shit like Rime, that seems to disappear. I've been getting a bit annoyed with Sony because they've announced so many dream projects (this isn't even getting to FFVIIR and Shenmue) that they have yet to deliver. Forget FFXV, the other big game from their 2013 blowout where they "dominated" was KHIII. Barely heard anything about that. I do think this year all of these games will finally start hitting, but it's been frustrating buying this console for all these great exclusives, and then just waiting. A lot of these games are 3rd party so Sony can only be responsible for so much, but still

MechDX

Charles RobinsonVerified account
‏@CharlesRobinson
Brock Osweiler and #Texans: #NFL source says Houston is expected to make competitive offer in both guaranteed money and per-year avg salary.

nsr.gif

Line_HTX

I don't know if I like Brock...

I have a bad feeling about this...

Just fucking draft one and develop him already. At this point even fucking Marcus and Blake will be better this coming season.

Why would you spend all that time grooming a QB and then just release him when it's time to pay him? When his time comes you pay him whatever the market price is

MechDX

I don't know if I like Brock...

I have a bad feeling about this...

Just fucking draft one and develop him already. At this point even fucking Marcus and Blake will be better this coming season.

I'm still unsure. Zierlein stated he has the same talent levels and abilities as Lynch in this draft and wasn't totally against the signing. Frees them up to truly draft BPA

Tom Nook

Charles RobinsonVerified account
‏@CharlesRobinson
Brock Osweiler and #Texans: #NFL source says Houston is expected to make competitive offer in both guaranteed money and per-year avg salary.

Yikes, Bronco went from a SB win to "who the fuck is going to be our QB?" mess.

Why would you spend all that time grooming a QB and then just release him when it's time to pay him? When his time comes you pay him whatever the market price is

I dont think they trust Brock even a little bit. Manning was the 2nd worst starting QB last year, and yet they pulled Brock and went back to him. I am guessing that Elway feels like they can get a cheap caretaker to go with that D while they try and develop a new QB.

I dont think they trust Brock even a little bit. Manning was the 2nd worst starting QB last year, and yet they pulled Brock and went back to him. I am guessing that Elway feels like they can get a cheap caretaker to go with that D while they try and develop a new QB.

Fitz for two years and draft a QB in either the 1st or 2nd round. Seems like a decent strategy. Fitz could get them into the playoffs.

Edit - at least you admit Bradford was the worst starting QB last year. :)
We all know it was Stafford hi kas

Top Bottom