• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Working on a petiton to have all our (steelers) draft picks taken away.

Why does every one assume Wentz would be the pick?

It seems like all the draft buzz has shifted to him. It could all be smoke screens I guess but it does seem like he will be the first QB taken this year.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I think we should adopt this standard for spicy levels in restaurants:

iWoXsaA.jpg

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Where would you rank the Angry Whopper on this scale?

I tried that new Angirest Whopper last night actually, it was clearly a 1. If anything, it was actually more sweet than spicy. Spiciest thing on it were the jalapenos, and fast food jalapenos are super weak sauce,

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
King in MMQB says Titans received interest for pick and it's only 50-50 if they pick at #1 themselves.

Interesting stuff with all this smoke flying around.

I like how King went out on a limb there with the 50/50 percentage.

It could happen but maybe it won't?

INSANITY!

bionic77

Hey bionic Space Jam 2 is coming. I wonder if MJ will get a cameo or not.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1204324
Why would you think I have any interest in this?

I would only be interested if Jordan is a villain and gets his ass beat by the Looney Toons teaming up a true legend like Ceballos. Not the bums and stiffs they got for the first movie (with the exception of Bill Murray, while the movie sucks I can't even fault him as he is great).

Speaking of Looney Toons I don't think young kids today even know who Bugs Bunny is. That shit is not on Netflix or cable tv so I don't think anyone watches it.

Bread

Banned
I did nothing wrong. Well, I shouldn't say that I didn't do anything wrong. It's obvious something was wrong there.

I'm innocent!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 40s41 seconds ago

And Bengals free-agent safety Reggie Nelson headed to visit/meet with Oakland later today/tomorrow, per source.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago

Raiders and Aldon Smith have agreement in place, source told ESPN. Smith was spotted at team building today, trying to finalize deal.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 40s41 seconds ago

And Bengals free-agent safety Reggie Nelson headed to visit/meet with Oakland later today/tomorrow, per source.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago

Raiders and Aldon Smith have agreement in place, source told ESPN. Smith was spotted at team building today, trying to finalize deal.
Didn't even realize Smith was suspended until November, raiders really going all in.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
It's pretty ridiculous the amount of free agents coming out of Cincy. Said it before but the front office has been one of the best drafting organizations these past 5 years or so.

Shame they haven't been able to win a playoff game.

Source: #49ers QB Colin Kaepernick will not take pay cut, nor will team pay off part of deal to make trade happen. No deal with #Broncos.

https://twitter.com/JasonColeBR/status/717051265839071233

Wow. So Kap gets an extra $7m this year but then he will be going into free agency coming off back to back seasons riding the bench, instead of getting less this year but getting a chance to start for a team with a great defense and a very QB friendly offense.

MechDX

Wow. So Kap gets an extra $7m this year but then he will be going into free agency coming off back to back seasons riding the bench, instead of getting less this year but getting a chance to start for a team with a great defense and a very QB friendly offense.

Could also get hurt this year and never see that money again. Have to look at both sides.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

I'd play on the Browns for an extra $7M. What kind of ridiculous logic is this?

Could also get hurt this year and never see that money again. Have to look at both sides.

Yeah injuries are a concern for sure. It is just interesting that he is turning down a potential chance to start for a SB contender more then the money involved. You always hear guys who never won a SB say that they would give anything for that chance, here we get to see a case where a guy is clearly choosing the money over a chance to get a ring.

It's pretty ridiculous the amount of free agents coming out of Cincy. Said it before but the front office has been one of the best drafting organizations these past 5 years or so.

Shame they haven't been able to win a playoff game.
Fun fact: the Browns' last playoff win is more recent than the Bengals last playoff win

MRSA

Banned
Aldon Smith resigned?!? The gang is getting together in November baby!!!

BG hates it when I have good players ;-;

JABEE

Or he could get hurt or continue to suck.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Yeah injuries are a concern for sure. It is just interesting that he is turning down a potential chance to start for a SB contender more then the money involved. You always hear guys who never won a SB say that they would give anything for that chance, here we get to see a case where a guy is clearly choosing the money over a chance to get a ring.

Yeah. From HoF guys who made a shit ton of money.

JABEE

Kaepernick needs to ride out his contract as long as he can. If he can pop a bit and get another contract, that's gravy.

Those are usually older veterans who have made their money already and just trying to cap off their career. Kap isn't as established...not surprising he'd want to take the guaranteed money while it's there, than risk it for an increased shot at a ring.

Godslay

Banned

Deal isn't dead. It's still a matter of back and forth.

TroyRenck 3m3 minutes ago
Remember with Kaepernick it is a fluid situation... But right now, #Broncos still in slow play mode.. Have shown patience.

Jeff Legwold ‏6m6 minutes ago
In terms of #Broncos, Kaepernick and #49ers, until #Broncos say 'we're out,' we're still at part where everybody is looking for leverage.

Godslay

Banned
Finally Unbanned, just wanted to pop in to say I can't wait to see the black unicorn and gronk runnin together.

bullet dodged slay.

I don't think this is the last of this.

I want Kaep here. Perfect fit for the offense, plenty of talent in him.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I don't think this is the last of this.

I want Kaep here. Perfect fit for the offense, plenty of talent in him.

I can see the appeal, but I think it's best to avoid the situation given his overall shortcomings. Still if the defense is what it was, I'm sure it's an upgrade from last year.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Jason Cole was also the guy who said the Broncos would continue to use Osweiler for the rest of the season...

Godslay

Banned
I can see the appeal, but I think it's best to avoid the situation given his overall shortcomings. Still if the defense is what it was, I'm sure it's an upgrade from last year.

The alternative is probably Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch. I'll take a playmaker like Kaep over that.

Jason Cole was also the guy who said the Broncos would continue to use Osweiler for the rest of the season...

He's Elway's buddy, but he's also been very inaccurate.

Fitts

Pleased with the 2 year deal for Aldon Smith. I was happy to read Reggie's comments about being cautious with him, but was afraid that someone else was going to snap him up while they took a "wait and see" approach. As long as they keep him on a short leash it'll be a good move come November.

Also happy to see that Reggie Nelson is being brought in for a visit. That was another one that I was afraid they would lose to another team before having a chance to consider him as an option more heavily. I get that they're building a young team, but I think he'd be a good get for a few seasons while they bring up someone else. Relying solely on the draft for a critical need position doesn't seem like the best idea when there's a solid get on the table.

Beach

Surprised Reggie Nelson is coming in, heard him and Del Rio didn't get along the first time.

Happy about Aldon though

Top Bottom