• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Concert rocked my balls off and like 500 people suddenly showed up

Left early because fuck waiting 30 mins for an uber driver.

The crowd was great, nobody punched anyone, music was amazing, saw some girls wearing nothing but bikini bottoms and tshirts, and I was far from the oldest person there.

10/10 would rave and pay $7 for Dos Equis tall boys again.

Edit: although seeing Armin van Buuren was on my bucket list, seeing him again is already on the list. The list isn't getting smaller!

You can join CDY and myself in the rave crew!

Blondes sound good but I'll pass on the bicycle gauntlet of death.

It was terrifying, evem more so after consuming some of the local herb. I mean look at this Amsterdam parking lot.

amsterdam1-master675.jpg

Blondes sound good but I'll pass on the bicycle gauntlet of death.

It's not that bad. Sure, driving a car around the city centre of The Hague or Amsterdam will cause you to have a heart attack or two because of suicidal cyclists who think it's fun to close their eyes before crossing every road, but walking is relatively safe.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Based on my few experiences in the Netherlands, I'd ditch the car completely. The public transit was solid and bike rental places abound.

bionic77

I'm so ready for the draft to be here. Hate the huge gap between free agency and the draft.
Football is stupid.

They took away my Martavis Bryant because he likes to smoke some weed. I am going to boycott football next year.

Changing gears, any of you guys ever work at a car wash or know anything about them? Some guy wants to me to buy his car wash and he seems to imply it would be a good deal. Is this a worthwhile investment to consider? I mostly go to the car wash for those awesome vacuums but I do get it washed after it snows in the winter to get the salt and shit off the bottom of my car. I have no clue if these are money makers or just some bullshit though, the guy on the phone didn't sound like a genius. Water is cheap on the Best Coast so that should not be an issue.

If it makes money I think I might go for it and have my wife manage it. But I was thinking this seems like a perfect place to rob someone when we go to pick up the quarters from the vacuum machines...

If I get the car wash though free car washes for all non-Patriots members of NFL GAF!

Football is stupid.

They took away my Martavis Bryant because he likes to smoke some weed. I am going to boycott football next year.

Changing gears, any of you guys ever work at a car wash or know anything about them? Some guy wants to me to buy his car wash and he seems to imply it would be a good deal. Is this a worthwhile investment to consider? I mostly go to the car wash for those awesome vacuums but I do get it washed after it snows in the winter to get the salt and shit off the bottom of my car. I have no clue if these are money makers or just some bullshit though, the guy on the phone didn't sound like a genius. Water is cheap on the Best Coast so that should not be an issue.

If it makes money I think I might go for it and have my wife manage it. But I was thinking this seems like a perfect place to rob someone when we go to pick up the quarters from the vacuum machines...

If I get the car wash though free car washes for all non-Patriots members of NFL GAF!

It is it a wash your own car car wash or an automatic drive through car wash?

bionic77

It is it a wash your own car car wash or an automatic drive through car wash?
Both. Not sure how many stalls it has for each though.

Another attorney turned me on to this. We were looking to buy a rental property and have not found anything we liked in the last 6 months and this just came up in a conversation when I saw him recently.

Based on my few experiences in the Netherlands, I'd ditch the car completely. The public transit was solid and bike rental places abound.

Only problem is public transport is stupid expensive (Well not for me, for me it's free since I'm a student <3). Bikes on the other hand, you can buy from friendly druggies on the street for 5 euros.

I never had the balls to ride my bike around in heavy traffic in a city. I just don't trust drivers enough and most places I have lived are not designed for bikes.

That is a pretty boss element of Europe that their countries are bike friendly. If it was safer in the US I would bike everywhere. It is free exercise and fun.

Other than Greg any of you still play basketball? I am getting my shot and game down to an acceptable level. The only time I really regret being young is when I play basketball. It must be nice to be able to run up and down the court for 3 hours and not have to pay for that night and the next day.

I bike in Brooklyn but only the same short route to work. Saves me a buttload of cash but it's terrifying.

I play bball but my friends are terrible. It's not fun when whatever team you are on wins.

Greg

Other than Greg any of you still play basketball? I am getting my shot and game down to an acceptable level. The only time I really regret being young is when I play basketball. It must be nice to be able to run up and down the court for 3 hours and not have to pay for that night and the next day.
I haven't played basketball in probably 8 years

unless you count gym dunking and arcade basketball

Both. Not sure how many stalls it has for each though.

Another attorney turned me on to this. We were looking to buy a rental property and have not found anything we liked in the last 6 months and this just came up in a conversation when I saw him recently.

I feel like the automatic bit of it is probably a pain in the ass to maintain.

bionic77

I bike in Brooklyn but only the same short route to work. Saves me a buttload of cash but it's terrifying.

I play bball but my friends are terrible. It's not fun when whatever team you are on wins.
I tried it in DC for a few months and just said fuck it. I would rather drive or walk.

When I lived in NYC I walked everywhere when I had the time or took the subway when I did not. Would never want to ride a bike around NYC. Fuck crossing the street can be dangerous with some of those cabs making those right turns slamming on the brakes to avoid the people in the cross walk.

It is too bad that we did not design any of our cities to be bike friendly. It would really help with obesity.

I feel like the automatic bit of it is probably a pain in the ass to maintain.
It does seem to have a lot of moving parts. I was hoping there would be general maintenance I could pay for but who the fuck knows. I have not even talked to the guy yet I was just curious if any of you degenerates had any experience with a car wash in the past.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
LeSean McCoy will NOT be charged in that bar fight in Philly.

First throwing an party where women could enjoy themselves in a safe, comfortable environment without men hitting on them all night, now outing police corruption in Philadelphia. Is there anything Shady can't do?

Kapwatch Drama 2016

Dude spotted on flight from Denver to SF. Looks like he's going to show up to Niners camp and collect 400K. This is going to get awkward.

On the radio today they said he was going to attend but that the 9ers have told him not to take part in any drills. Man that must be so weird for the rest of his team.

kaiju

On the radio today they said he was going to attend but that the 9ers have told him not to take part in any drills. Man that must be so weird for the rest of his team.

I don't think he's medically cleared by doctors yet, that's why no drills. But yeah, he's already lost the locker room so it's going to be a weird vibe with him around.

bionic77

Speaking of car washes, yankee when you move back to philly are you going to get your car washed from Marvin?

I hear if you get the jumbo package Marvin will also dispose of any bodies you have in the trunk.

Speaking of car washes, yankee when you move back to philly are you going to get your car washed from Marvin?

I hear if you get the jumbo package Marvin will also dispose of any bodies you have in the trunk.

Man I actually tried to go get my car washed this weekend. It is so dirty for the horrible vegas air that you can barely tell what color it is. If I am ever lucky enough to live in the greatest city in the world I will definitely get my car washed, but probably not by anyone named Marvin.

MechDX

Is Brock Osweiler The Answer At QB For The Texans?

“I think there’s this perception around the country that people in Houston are all of a sudden convinced that Brock Osweiler is the answer,” SportsRadio 610’s Mike Meltser said on CBS Sports Radio’s After Hours with Amy Lawrence. “What I feel across the city is that there is optimism, there’s maybe guarded optimism. I think there’s also some skepticism when you sign a guy with seven career starts under his belt, but I do think there is an overall feeling that you got to, at some point, start somebody at quarterback who has a chance to be your future – and Brock Osweiler certainly fits that. Will he be the future at quarterback for the Texans moving forward after the two years of $37 million? I think that very much remains to be seen.
“I guess what I’m ultimately saying,” Meltser continued, “is that I think people are very interested, they’re intrigued, they’e optimistic. But I don’t think the collective feeling in Houston is ‘Yes, we have definitely found our answer.’ I think the feeling in Houston is ‘We’re glad the organization has put a stake in the ground. Now we’ll see how it works out.’”

My opinion as well. They at least are making an attempt finally. Though Im sure if Osweiler doesnt work out 80% of the posters here will be "JNC! Told ya he sucks! lol"

Smarter to spend money than the amount of picks it would cost to move up into the top 7 picks to get Goff or Wentz.

bionic77

Man I actually tried to go get my car washed this weekend. It is so dirty for the horrible vegas air that you can barely tell what color it is. If I am ever lucky enough to live in the greatest city in the world I will definitely get my car washed, but probably not by anyone named Marvin.
Not even Marvin Harrison?

Speaking of trading up for QBs on the lastest BGN radio podcast they had a national guy come on, I dont remember who, but he said he is hearing a ton about the Cowboys and Broncos trying to trade up into the top 2 to guarantee that they get a QB.

Not even Marvin Harrison?

Oh I didnt realize that Marvin Harrison had a car wash in Philly. I dont think I would want to go there. My luck the time I was there would be the time that one of the family members of his victims would show up and shoot the place up. No thanks.

Houston had other options. That contract could bring down the whole FO and coaching staff if Oz doesn't pan out. Huge risk.

Chase Daniel or Bradford while continuing to build around Hopkins wouldn't have been a bad move the way I see it...but it's a tough situation. It's hard to recover gettin burned at the QB position over and over, and being mediocre enough in othe areas to not get a great draft pick.

effzee

Who?

Any Jags fan want to chime in on him? Gata?

I guess, like the other moves, this really helps the Eagles go for whoever the best player is available at 8 according to their board.

I am more and more convinced they aren't going QB in the first round. With one of their 2 3rd round picks yes. Maybe even move into the 2nd round to pick up like Prescot.

MechDX

Houston had other options. That contract could bring down the whole FO and coaching staff if Oz doesn't pan out. Huge risk.

Chase Daniel or Bradford while continuing to build around Hopkins wouldn't have been a bad move the way I see it...but it's a tough situation. It's hard to recover gettin burned at the QB position over and over, and being mediocre enough in othe areas to not get a great draft pick.

Its a risk they 99% of the times dont take. Bradford is a known quantity like Hoyer. You know his ceiling at this point and he isnt going to get any better. Daniels maybe but at least there is some film on Brock as a starter in the league. The Texans are far from "cap hell" even with the signing. They can cut ties in two years with minimal penalty to the cap and the only major contarct coming due in those next two years is Hopkins which they can use the 5th year option on. Hopkins will more than likely receive a new contract before TC starts this year going by Smiths M.O. in the past

There is more too the signing than is out. Multiple reports here from before the 2014 and 2015 seasons that Houston contacted the Broncos about Osweilers availability and were told he wasnt available.

Hindl

Who?

Any Jags fan want to chime in on him? Gata?

I guess, like the other moves, this really helps the Eagles go for whoever the best player is available at 8 according to their board.

I am more and more convinced they aren't going QB in the first round. With one of their 2 3rd round picks yes. Maybe even move into the 2nd round to pick up like Prescot.

He's average, might be competing for a starting LG spot, but most likely he'll be depth. Good signing since he can play a few different positions, and is at least better than Barbre/Tobin, probably around Gardner's level before he got injured. I feel like we're definitely not targeting Stanley now, and we can get someone else. Still hoping Howie can work some magic and move up for Jack

Also Prescott will probably be available in the 4th-5th, especially considering his DUI. Moving into the 2nd for him would be a reach

Its a risk they 99% of the times dont take. Bradford is a known quantity like Hoyer. You know his ceiling at this point and he isnt going to get any better. Daniels maybe but at least there is some film on Brock as a starter in the league. The Texans are far from "cap hell" even with the signing. They can cut ties in two years with minimal penalty to the cap and the only major contarct coming due in those next two years is Hopkins which they can use the 5th year option on. Hopkins will more than likely receive a new contract before TC starts this year going by Smiths M.O. in the past

There is more too the signing than is out. Multiple reports here from before the 2014 and 2015 seasons that Houston contacted the Broncos about Osweilers availability and were told he wasnt available.

What the hell are you talking about? Bradford improved significantly last year and if the Eagles were smart and they had brought Chip back he would have improved even more this year.

Tom Penny

Remember when Nick Foles had 27 TD and only 2 INT in 13 games? Reality was he was steaming pile of poop at QB. Use your freaking eyes.

Godslay

Banned
Don't know if the QB picks would pan out though. I'd rather take the Brock chance now.

The difference is the salary though.

Few million for a rookie over the same time period, or $18.5M per year?

I know Brock sat on the bench for 4 years, but you have to (like I said during the season last year) treat him like a rookie.

That's the difference.

bionic77

Speaking of trading up for QBs on the lastest BGN radio podcast they had a national guy come on, I dont remember who, but he said he is hearing a ton about the Cowboys and Broncos trying to trade up into the top 2 to guarantee that they get a QB.

Oh I didnt realize that Marvin Harrison had a car wash in Philly. I dont think I would want to go there. My luck the time I was there would be the time that one of the family members of his victims would show up and shoot the place up. No thanks.
I didn't google it but as I remember it the shooting happened at his car wash. And it was bizarre as fuck though I can't remember any of the details.

Cowboys trading up to get a QB would go against everything they've said in the offseason so far. Not saying it isn't a possibility, but they explicitly said they weren't going for a QB, and the fan base wouldn't be thrilled with that move when most believe we can win the Owl with a healthy romo and a few more pieces on defense. Definitely a "win now" situation as far a fans are concerned

MechDX

Cowboys trading up to get a QB would go against everything they've said in the offseason so far. Not saying it isn't a possibility, but they explicitly said they weren't going for a QB, and the fan base wouldn't be thrilled with that move when most believe we can win the Owl with a healthy romo and a few more pieces on defense. Definitely a "win now" situation as far a fans are concerned

Never felt they would go QB at 4 for what its worth. Maybe 4rd-6TH?

You will hate me for saying this but Hoyer would be ideal for the back up spot in Dallas.

I mean we got our back up QB:

#TheWeed

Never felt they would go QB at 4 for what its worth. Maybe 4rd-6TH?

You will hate me for saying this but Hoyer would be ideal for the back up spot in Dallas.

They've also got the 34th(?) pick. I think one of these QBs like Paxton Lynch will still be on the table, or they might trade down a few spots in that range to make sure they snag him.

Hoyer is a fine back-up. Honestly if he hadn't melted down against KC I think people would be talking about what an impressive season he had

MechDX

They've also got the 34th(?) pick. I think one of these QBs like Paxton Lynch will still be on the table, or they might trade down a few spots in that range to make sure they snag him.

Hoyer is a fine back-up. Honestly if he hadn't melted down against KC I think people would be talking about what an impressive season he had

Melted down is putting it lightly. 5 turnovers by him alone. FIVE.

But yes as a back up he has value.

Wes

venison crêpe
King in MMQB says Titans received interest for pick and it's only 50-50 if they pick at #1 themselves.

Interesting stuff with all this smoke flying around.

King in MMQB says Titans received interest for pick and it's only 50-50 if they pick at #1 themselves.

Interesting stuff with all this smoke flying around.

I just came to post this. Crazy that they are in this same spot again. I think they will definitely trade down the more I think about it.

I think like Fitz, Hoyer's image of his talent doesn't match up with fans, coaches and GMs. It's gotta be tough on an athletes pride to feel undervalued, or never get a chance to redeem yourself. Both those guys fell apart in predictable fashion in the last game of the season. Even though they played well before that, it doesn't matter.

Top Bottom